Cintas Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 3,130 reviews
I wish to be able to give these guys zero stars
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 April 2019
The local management is full of surprises like: irony,sarcasm and arrogance . Lots of lies regarding job description(they advertised one position Calgary based and the position is actually outside of Calgary,more in BC than Alberta). Extremely unprofessional. Lots of mess!!!
great place to start
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 January 2019
Cintas does a great job of getting new employees off to a running start. The management is engaged and willing to assist you. if you excel there id definitely room to advance.
Pros
staff
Cons
ways wages are differed
Alright
Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 January 2019
It was an alright job. The management team only cares about their numbers and it is hard to move up if you are not close with the current management team.
Outside sales representative ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Being a sales representative for over 5 years here is what I've experienced.

Sales managers are mandated to interview 3 new people a week even when they are not hiring. Keeps potential good new hires guessing if they are going to get a job.
Poor compensation pay
Targets in sales unrealistic to hit PC
To get promoted you need to pretend everything is great and that you have the best job in the world
Sales salary below standard.
3rd paycheck of every month in sales in almost zero
Need to rely on the competency of your Sales manager to approve expenses on time or you get a zero paycheck every 3rd week.
Sales schedule start at 7:30a - 5pm
Managers only look at the sales numbers and when top performers stop producing they ignore and go to next rep who is the flavour of the week.
Service reps are told by managers to short customers and to throw additional items or products on a bill to grow the business without client knowing.
Huge Price increases over CPI and hope customer doesn't notice.
Cintas bought a major competitor in North America which impacts selling new business
If you are a top performer and want to move to a different division outside your current role they will hold you back and make your job harder. You are as good as your last week.

To become part of this prestigious cult you need to wear a Black or navy suit, white shirt and blue or red tie and clean shaven .

Cintas has constant production and supply issues in which make selling impossible.
Pros
Good ongoing training and benefits .
Cons
Preach a work life balance but expect 24/7 Cintas
Work hard and you will be rewarded
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
I worked for Cintas as a Facility Services Service and Sales Representative in Toronto for a short period time. I regrettably had to leave because of my schooling schedule, but I enjoyed every day of my time there.

The managers there value work ethic above all and are very good at rewarding those who work hard. They are always there for support and provide valuable feedback both during training and on a regular basis afterwards.

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and go to work, this is an excellent place to work.
courier position
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
things went sideways when Cintas took over Zee Medical. money got worst. stopped being able to open locations. spied on by supervisor. kind of weird to many useless conference calls
Amazing place to work. Easily the best company I ever worked for.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2018
From the salary to the 4 day work week to the free benefits to monthly lunches and most importantly the amazing people that made everyday working there one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my life. You'll be hard pressed to find a better work environment with a first-class organization that really cares for their employees (and shows it everyday) like Cintas. I worked at the south Etobicoke location for almost a year but had to leave for personal reasons. Otherwise, I would proudly still be working and looking to retire there.
Yes, the job of a Service/Sales Rep at Cintas is not an easy one, but everybody in management including other SSR's, always have your back. It is a very physical job but trust me, you get used to it. If you can get your foot in the door, stay there. You won't find a better group of people to work with.
Pros
the people, 4 day work week, support from management, free lunches
Cons
pros far outweigh the cons
Work job ever
Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 August 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this toxic job. If you want to be treated like garbage every day and yelled at. Than this is the job for you. The managers treat you like dirt if you on the road or in the plant. You don’t have friends their. They are all liars. Don’t work here. Run!!!
Pros
4 days on 3 off.
Cons
Managers, long hours, bad pay, bad managers, Drama, bad staff, a lot of dumb people
Once the day was over, it was over
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 July 2018
Sometimes it could be difficult to complete your day but once you got through it you never felt like you took it home with you. Which is not necessarily how it goes at all workplaces in my experience
Pros
working alone
Cons
being responsible for everything
Work Place condition
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
this is a turn and burn company.
great training group to develop sales techniques
not a great place for tenure or growth
Great for young up and comers I would stay away if your looking for security.
Big increase in my business accumen.
Facility Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
My experience at Cintas has been the most positive opportunity I have gotten in the sales market to date. From working alongside business owners to CEO's, CFO's, Presidents, etc... Cintas is the top sales company in North America for a reason. I would be able to move forward in any role and bring experience, leadership and B2B sales initiatives to grow and improve any company.
Great Culture!
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB1 April 2018
Cintas is definitely the best Company that I have been associated with. Very professional. Great benefits, great people. Very partner oriented and very accessible maagement.
Great company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Cintas is truly an amazing company to work for. You have absolute job security and there are various opportunities you could advance to or move around to. In sales especially, the pay is incredible. You have base salary, commissions, and quarterly bonuses. They definitely reward and appreciate your hard work. You are always taken care of.

Unfortunately, at my location in particular, I have to say, the culture was awful. Lots of negative, cruel team-mates, who made going to work dreadful. Constant back-stabbing and no sense of teamwork whatsoever. Aside from these toxic people, the company itself is definitely a good one.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Awful co-workers
great culture! lots of freedom
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
this is a great job, if you are able to prioritize and lead yourself.

office support is efficient and wiling to help when they can.

great place if you are looking for security
Busy meet many contacts
NEW BUSINESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Well managed, good training.
Provide the opportunity to succeed and required employees to stay focused and organized.
Good business plan and provide careers for many people
pretty good
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 July 2017
4 day work week with a meeting Friday mornings. Monday - Thursday has long and hard work hours. Not much room for advancement within the company unless you are willing to relocate.
Pay is okay, it is what you would expect for a job not requiring a college diploma.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Very hard on body
Cintas
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2017
Cintas has a good base pay and benefits. Commission is also good. However, the expectations are unreasonable and unattainable. Management is poor. You work and learn on your own with little help from above.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations
Great workplace to grow with.
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC23 May 2017
Working for Cintas has definitely helped shape me to have an excellent work ethic as I have been employed here for 5 years and don't plan to leave. I would be proud to retire from this outstanding Corporation!

I have learned many great skills that I will use for my lifetime. I have developed good customer service skills, learned to drive a Freight Truck, good organization and professionalism all thanks to every single one of my Managers and Supervisors.

The hardest part of my job would definitely be the early morning start to my day. Yes, I have adjusted to my schedule throughout the years.. I guess there really isn't anything challenging about my job!

I really enjoy that I have three consecutive days off. It allows me to have that work/ life balance and more time with my family.
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 January 2017
Had to drive pretty nasty roads on my route. The fleet vehicles are a bit old. Got paid really well to sell Products to customers.
Pros
Great hours good people good pay.
Cons
Physically demanding job
not fun
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2016
Hours is okay. Pay is not as good. Poor management, heavy work. A lot of walking, trucks breaks down many times. the enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
nothing free
Cons
salary sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.