Cintas Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 3,257 reviews
Good Company.. Terrible Culture
New Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2019
I loved all the people I worked alongside
management of other departments was great
sales department believes they are separate to the company just like any other company they are above the rules
job security never for sure
salary based upon workload, nowhere closely matches
great benefits
the hardest part of the job- lack of training and expected to succeed
enjoyable part - benefits, no weekends
Pros
no weekends, lunches, benefits
Cons
salary, work load
Very Discriminative
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Not good people the company is progressing but management is very discriminative. Pretty much if you're of color with any hair on your or face or head they will not accept you not saying that its something that happened to me but I've seen it happen with my own 2 eyes. Management are living like they're slave masters and I think its time for a revolution.. Everyone deserves a fair chance but when you come to think about some companies are just a joke and waste of time like this one
Pros
compensation plus hourly pay
Cons
discrimative racist
Poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
I worked there for a month busted my bum off for the company and I got let go a month in because they claim they couldn’t see it going far in the future!?!? What’s that mean?

They don’t like being told they are wrong that’s for sure
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Discriminatory Actions
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dundas St. Toronto, ON31 January 2019
🤔 Asked me to shave my beard🧔off...completely OFF to a clean face, I tried to compromise and I told them I would shave it down but I ain't shaving it off. So basically what they're trying to say is that you won't be able to sell anything to any Customer because you have a beard? that's the saddest thing and the most discriminatory thing I've ever heard in my life when we were kids we're taught not to judge a book by it's cover that's essentially what you're doing it is up to the employee to make the customer feel as though they are a customer and appreciated it doesn't matter whether I have a beard or have a whole body full of hair I don't have tattoos on my face I don't have earrings on my face or anything like that but again even that shouldn't matter and it's discriminatory to think otherwise it's not like it was Food Services where in which case I might have to shave my beard or I would have wore a beard net I have never been asked to shave my facial hair in any interview in my life this is horrible and I hope you guys do better just know I went to CP24 with this review and I hope they review it on your show cuz I know I'm not the only one. At my last job I had customers calling my boss asking specifically for my services no one else's hit the boss said he was going to send somebody else they didn't want the work to be done they just wanted it to be me I wonder why that is play Cintas you guys just lost a really good guy and i didn't even get a chance to work for you guys BECAUSE I JAVE A BEARD 🤷‍♂️😡!! 😤😤😡🖕🏼🖕🏼
Pros
Place pays good
Cons
Cant drive for them if you have a BEARD !😂😂🤣🤷‍♂️😡😤🖕🏼
Outside sales representative ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Being a sales representative for over 5 years here is what I've experienced.

Sales managers are mandated to interview 3 new people a week even when they are not hiring. Keeps potential good new hires guessing if they are going to get a job.
Poor compensation pay
Targets in sales unrealistic to hit PC
To get promoted you need to pretend everything is great and that you have the best job in the world
Sales salary below standard.
3rd paycheck of every month in sales in almost zero
Need to rely on the competency of your Sales manager to approve expenses on time or you get a zero paycheck every 3rd week.
Sales schedule start at 7:30a - 5pm
Managers only look at the sales numbers and when top performers stop producing they ignore and go to next rep who is the flavour of the week.
Service reps are told by managers to short customers and to throw additional items or products on a bill to grow the business without client knowing.
Huge Price increases over CPI and hope customer doesn't notice.
Cintas bought a major competitor in North America which impacts selling new business
If you are a top performer and want to move to a different division outside your current role they will hold you back and make your job harder. You are as good as your last week.

To become part of this prestigious cult you need to wear a Black or navy suit, white shirt and blue or red tie and clean shaven .

Cintas has constant production and supply issues in which make selling impossible.
Pros
Good ongoing training and benefits .
Cons
Preach a work life balance but expect 24/7 Cintas
Fun but overloaded
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people side by side. The hardest part is the tremendous workload. Not enough employees to complete the task. Unable to speak freely on how to make your processes more efficient. Systems are archaic. Young management team is not experienced enough thus creating a lot of unnecessary problems based upon trial and error methodology. It is a shame...such a big company they will say it's confidence but actuality they are full of arrogance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Salary is very low, and Management needs to understand the business in each dept to be more successful
Work hard and you will be rewarded
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
I worked for Cintas as a Facility Services Service and Sales Representative in Toronto for a short period time. I regrettably had to leave because of my schooling schedule, but I enjoyed every day of my time there.

The managers there value work ethic above all and are very good at rewarding those who work hard. They are always there for support and provide valuable feedback both during training and on a regular basis afterwards.

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and go to work, this is an excellent place to work.
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Work load is huge compared to the amount of hours you have to complete your tasks

Salary is not enough for the amount if work expected

Corporate culture is good. Health and safety and sprint days are always fun
Pros
Lots of employee lunches and bbq’s
Cons
High work load not enough help
average
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
Cintas is an average company I will say, sincethe Management team sometimes take advantage of their partners as they call them, I understand the job must be done, however I don't think it was fair while I was there for few months...again this is my personal opinion as a Production Supervisor.
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant (2010) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
If you are looking for a company that believes in work hard, play hard, you have come to the right place. This is a fast pace, high reward company. Cintas will invest their time in training and developing you to be a great employee and future leader.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Training
Cons
Parking
Work Place condition
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
this is a turn and burn company.
great training group to develop sales techniques
not a great place for tenure or growth
Great for young up and comers I would stay away if your looking for security.
Amazing company and with consistent growth opportunities
DIRECTOR OF SALES, Eastern Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto Canada31 May 2018
Incredible training and development with unlimited income and growth potential.Recession proof products/services.

Great long-term career opportunity with solid leadership
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
conservative company
Big increase in my business accumen.
Facility Sales Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
My experience at Cintas has been the most positive opportunity I have gotten in the sales market to date. From working alongside business owners to CEO's, CFO's, Presidents, etc... Cintas is the top sales company in North America for a reason. I would be able to move forward in any role and bring experience, leadership and B2B sales initiatives to grow and improve any company.
Great place for Sales Reps that want to suceed
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Very structured company. Great training program and ongoing training to ensure your personal success. Opportunity to make a lot of money.
Great sales cycle and company culture teaches you discipline and time management.
Everyone works together as partners to ensure full customer satisfaction.
Pros
Unlimited Opportunity
Cons
Having some products available when you actually need it for your clients
Great company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Cintas is truly an amazing company to work for. You have absolute job security and there are various opportunities you could advance to or move around to. In sales especially, the pay is incredible. You have base salary, commissions, and quarterly bonuses. They definitely reward and appreciate your hard work. You are always taken care of.

Unfortunately, at my location in particular, I have to say, the culture was awful. Lots of negative, cruel team-mates, who made going to work dreadful. Constant back-stabbing and no sense of teamwork whatsoever. Aside from these toxic people, the company itself is definitely a good one.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Awful co-workers
Lots of lifting, keeps you in good shape
Support Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
love my job, it keeps me healthy, detail orientated, always learning about new aspects of the business and how they are all linked together. Love it here
Pros
finish early
Cons
early mornings
decent place
Loader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
it ok, they dont want unions which stops them from needing to be accountable for the lack of work done for employee's. I worked there for 6 months and after 3 months i was suppose to get a 50c premium, but they never added it to my pay.
Pros
free lunch once a month and everyones nice
Cons
expected to stay long hours regardless if they tell you you can go home anytime after your endtime
Busy meet many contacts
NEW BUSINESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Well managed, good training.
Provide the opportunity to succeed and required employees to stay focused and organized.
Good business plan and provide careers for many people
Horrible work/life balance/management
SSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I worked here as a SSR for only one week before I found out how horrible it actually is. They are so low on people due to the high turn around rate, that they can't properly train you. As soon as your 39 days training is complete they throw you onto a random route and expect you will know where to go and who to see. ( These days will take 15+ Hours. It will take you over a year to get your own route.)

As for the management, I was actually called into an office after my 6th day for the first time to speak with my "manager" While training I put my best effort in and was told I was doing a great job by my trainer. She called me in and asked me out of no where if this job was right for me and if I was all there.

This automatically showed me how rude this management can be to there employers and with all of this, I can see why they don't have the necessary amount of employees to get the job done correctly. Sure the money is good, but for your sake, do not waste your time.

Its hard work, which is fine, but the hours and management ( One in particular) make this place a horrible work environment. Don't be fooled.
Pros
Get in shape
Cons
Management, Long hours, not proper training
Creativity
Senior National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
A creative environment, lots of opportunity for travel, good opportunity for advancement. Well developed product offering.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.