Cintas Employee Reviews

Found 155 reviews matching the search See all 3,130 reviews
Horrible management
Administrative support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 May 2019
Since Cintas acquired us, it's been quite the disaster. All talented employees left for better jobs. Only the ones who couldn't find a job are still here . I was demoted as soon Cintas took over so they can save money. Management extremely poor and HR incompetent and dishonest...spying on us all the time.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Local Management and HR
Working as a New Business Sales Executive
New Business Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2019
If you like doing 20 cold calls a day, this is for you. If you like incompetent management, this is for you. If you like having no direction, or support, this is for you. Avoid.
Its a great opurtunity
office support (Former Employee) –  resptionest7 May 2019
The day begins with a morning meeting. answering the phone and posting the daily announcements
I Learned that not all office work is need to done on the computer
management is good I say one of the most attentive in detail
workplace culture is good very neat
The hardest part is getting backed up on the work load
The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly environment
Pros
lots of learn and working opurtunities and the chance to move up.
Cons
It's a lot of work and some time extra training is required
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  In the field, ON30 April 2019
This company teaches the employees to cheat on customers, little service, but charge too much, show you their price list and under that a huge commitment as a contract and obligation, but they think they can get away with that, they never talk to you about it, just collect your signature and charges, charges and charges, Their quality of the stuff they bring also are out of standard and create irritation on skin and cannot be used all the time.
Not a honest company and reputation is zero with zero customer services. they charge services that they never provide. I would not recommend this organization to anyone whatsoever.
Company could use overrall improvement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 April 2019
The amount of favoristm that is played within the company is incomparable to any other place I've ever worked at. Managers (especially production managers) don't appreciate people who work hard but give all the time of day to those who cause nothing but problems within the workplace. Managers like to force you or guilt you into doing tasks way out of your reach. They don't take injuries, illnesses, safety seriously. They talk to you in a very condescending way constantly belittling you. Some of the worse managers I have ever dealt with. A few surprise lunches here and there doesn't make up for what people put up with. In regards to office managers/workers, production worker can barely get a smile from them making us feel below their work status.
Cons
Unemployment might be the better option
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 April 2019
The Ottawa branch is very male dominated and chauvinistic enviroment. If you don't fit their click, then will do whatever they can to get rid of you. This has happened 4 times so far. The HR representative does not follow the employement standards guidelines and doesn't really care about the employees. Top management are all old army vetrens which is great, but it leads to a male dominated egotistical enviroment. They don't know how to do business and treat their employees very poorly especially the Ottawa branch. If you really need a job, and you have exhaused all other options including moving to a different country, then this company is where you want to be. If not, be for warned, if they don't like you, they will get rid of you with support from their HR.
Pros
They have bathrooms
Cons
Too many to list
Very Discriminative
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Not good people the company is progressing but management is very discriminative. Pretty much if you're of color with any hair on your or face or head they will not accept you not saying that its something that happened to me but I've seen it happen with my own 2 eyes. Management are living like they're slave masters and I think its time for a revolution.. Everyone deserves a fair chance but when you come to think about some companies are just a joke and waste of time like this one
Pros
compensation plus hourly pay
Cons
discrimative racist
I wish to be able to give these guys zero stars
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary18 April 2019
The local management is full of surprises like: irony,sarcasm and arrogance . Lots of lies regarding job description(they advertised one position Calgary based and the position is actually outside of Calgary,more in BC than Alberta). Extremely unprofessional. Lots of mess!!!
Nice place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2019
Great place to work if you have the motivation and work ethic.
Great ongoing learning program for the sales team.
Great opportunity to make good money and advancement,
Pros
Money
Cons
Life balance
Management has no respect
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2019
If I could give management 0 stars I would. Pathetic "company" that only cares about it's office workers and treats the 'real workers' the production team like refugees. I would describe the vibe in this warehouse as gloomy, just a bunch of dejected souls. Office workers come to work with fake smiles. But they think buying us pizza every now and then will make us happy. The loading job is not worth the money and the unloading job is even worse(filthy work). There's rare appreciation for the hard work we did. If you plan on moving forward in life, do not apply for this job. No raises, you'll get paid the same measly wages forever. You can't even report things to HR with confidence. Supervisors only care about there own jobs and are scared to defend us workers to management. Loaders get blamed for everything that goes wrong with the drivers. The drivers at this company run the show, just remember that. Overall it's a sad place to be at.
Pros
Cons
Never appreciated
Favourites
MANAGEMENT SALES TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2019
Was told to come in and wait to be trained and i got 1/4 of the managers time compared to the other person. Manager would bring coffees in for the other person but not anyone else. Some days they brought breakfast in for everyone. People asked " can I help you with your sales, or finish them", be careful.
Sales
Route Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 March 2019
Sales driven culture that pushed me to exceed at all levels. Enjoyed working independently and being able to interact with all customers on a daily basis
Exhausting work place
Wash Alley Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 March 2019
Very long shifts, there is always more work to do and that cuts into your life at home. I had a 1 hour commute and this made it very difficult to work and have a life outside of work. The money is nice but it wasn't worth the struggle. The coworkers are fantastic though, very friendly work environment and plenty of people to bond with.
Pros
can almost always get overtime
Personnel peu profesionnel
Décharger et charger les camions (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC18 March 2019
j'ai pas aimé mon expérience personnellement mais bon j'ai seulement travaillé 4 mois
Good steady employment
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2019
There is opportunity to advance though it is difficult. You have the opportunity to make a salary relative to your output. The base is ok and if you do the minimal work you will be fine. It takes alot of hard work to become a top earner
Pros
Not alot of micromanaging
Cons
Management only mostly helpful
Poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
I worked there for a month busted my bum off for the company and I got let go a month in because they claim they couldn’t see it going far in the future!?!? What’s that mean?

They don’t like being told they are wrong that’s for sure
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
the rating says it all
Utility I (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2019
nice work place, safe to work in, the company is very good with the benefits but just the management need to improve a lot especially with handling people
Discriminatory Actions
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dundas St. Toronto, ON31 January 2019
🤔 Asked me to shave my beard🧔off...completely OFF to a clean face, I tried to compromise and I told them I would shave it down but I ain't shaving it off. So basically what they're trying to say is that you won't be able to sell anything to any Customer because you have a beard? that's the saddest thing and the most discriminatory thing I've ever heard in my life when we were kids we're taught not to judge a book by it's cover that's essentially what you're doing it is up to the employee to make the customer feel as though they are a customer and appreciated it doesn't matter whether I have a beard or have a whole body full of hair I don't have tattoos on my face I don't have earrings on my face or anything like that but again even that shouldn't matter and it's discriminatory to think otherwise it's not like it was Food Services where in which case I might have to shave my beard or I would have wore a beard net I have never been asked to shave my facial hair in any interview in my life this is horrible and I hope you guys do better just know I went to CP24 with this review and I hope they review it on your show cuz I know I'm not the only one. At my last job I had customers calling my boss asking specifically for my services no one else's hit the boss said he was going to send somebody else they didn't want the work to be done they just wanted it to be me I wonder why that is play Cintas you guys just lost a really good guy and i didn't even get a chance to work for you guys BECAUSE I JAVE A BEARD 🤷‍♂️😡!! 😤😤😡🖕🏼🖕🏼
Pros
Place pays good
Cons
Cant drive for them if you have a BEARD !😂😂🤣🤷‍♂️😡😤🖕🏼
production sweat shop
Shipping Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2019
They bark production down your throat like dogs. GM is very nice, and walks around on the floor regularly. Workers are very moody and all complain. Goodluck.
great place to start
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 January 2019
Cintas does a great job of getting new employees off to a running start. The management is engaged and willing to assist you. if you excel there id definitely room to advance.
Pros
staff
Cons
ways wages are differed