Cintas
Coronavirus update
Information from Cintas:

Cintas Employee Reviews

Canada285 reviews
The company treats its employees well. The pay seemed fair for my position. I can't speak for other positions. Communication between management and employees could be better at times.
It's a very nice place to work. The people are very friendly. The place is beautiful and convenient. It can access by the TTC. It is a very good company to work.
I was encouraged to use disgusting sales tactics involving suggesting that a potential customer's family members might die in front of them if our products were not present to help at their business. I was regularly kicked out of businesses because of the actions of previous people in my role. I've never worked for a more unethical manager.
Cintas is a great company to work for if you're ambitious and looking for upward mobility. The downside is not enough work-life balance. In the service department, your success is measured by your performance.
I've never complained about a former employer because I have thick skin. However, working at Cintas as a fresh grad was a terrible experience. The management trainee program is a way for the company to pay you virtually nothing for the amount of long hours you'll be working. Not much guidance on how to be successful. They throw you in and expect you to perform. Instead of being rotated through sales, production, office and service, they stuck me in production for 8 months. The shifts started at 6am and I wasn't able to get home before 6pm. Say goodbye to your friends or any personal life you had before accepting a job at Cintas. The company culture is awful. The most corporate place I've ever worked. If you enjoy being a number on the wall this is a great place for you.
New employees on day one are given a copy of a book called "The Spirit is the difference," a reference to their corporate culture. They also use terms like "partners" to describe any Cintas employee. This is all nothing more than one big elaborate charade. Management is very toxic and will work you to the bone, nothing you do will ever be enough. If you are not part of the "old boys club" then you will never be promoted or make it in this company. Any sort of free thinking and creativity is shunned by upper management so unless you want to be a mindless drone, do not work here.

I was "fortunate" enough to work for both the sales and service sides of the organization and witnessed many unethical business practices happen here. One such practice was the annual 3-5% price increase stipulation found in every service contract. On a yearly basis, I witnessed Cintas try at every opportunity to increase price by over 20% to existing customers, and then hope they would not notice the increase. If they did not notice, they would continue to charge these prices. If they did notice, instead of correcting the mistake and issuing credits, management would fight with the customer and then threaten them with the whole "you signed a contract and legal ramifications will be enforced if you try to leave." Absolutely terrible customer service. Cintas would even threaten small mom and pop shop customers legally if they ever tried to leave their contract, even if it was for perfectly valid reasons.

Overall I am disgusted to have worked for Cintas and taken part in such unethical and immoral
 - more...
I worked at Cintas for about a year. When Covid-19 happened they laid off half the factory, fired a bunch of people and reduced the hours of everyone who was left.Theu don't pay overtime or holidays and will make you work extra hard to do both of those thinga and than brag to your gace that they are a fortune 500 company. I wouldn't recommend working at Cintas.
Pros
Staff events
Cons
No holiday pay, no overtime, promised me a number of promotions and than took them away.
for my time at Cintas i am thankful for the information i learned . however i do not recommend anyone working there. its a very very stressful environment and management overloads you with work.
They grind you down to the last ounce of energy, management not supportive and don't follow Employment Standards Health Act, overall the company did not deliver what promised
The management team will do whatever in the beginning to show how they really care about you but after it will change completely they don’t care about anything or somebody’s point of view and the management team actually is good for nothing they fired people when this pandemic started with no notice or whatever there are many bad things there that you will find out once you start working there can’t recommend anybody working
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cintas?
Cintas provides a good service with good quality products to their customers but the upper management team is heartless and despicable. If you are not willing or able to get into the 'boys club', it doesn't matter how well you perform, it will never been good enough or appreciated enough. They terminated the employment of multiple tenured employees right at the start of the Covid pandemic just to save a buck. They say that everyone that works there is a 'partner' in their eyes, but in reality, you are just a number and $ value that can be eliminated and tossed to the curb. I will never promote them to anyone based on how they treat their employees. Be very wary if you think that working there is good for your career.
Cintas was focused on on-going training for professional development, our safety and to improve the service to their clients. Excellent culture for work life balance.
I was able to provide a very good life for myself and my family for the past 16 years based on hard work and a track record for success.
My Biggest takeaway is the amount I learned. The 16 years spent learning were an invaluable experience . Their Training is top notch and always updating.
Work is quite stressful as a Service rep but you could make enough money to sort your bills.
The extra day off in a week goes a long way coupled with the extra bonuses and commissions.
Great company! Amazing people work there. Wish nothing but the best for them all. Always willing to teach and listen. Management goes above and beyond.
Lots of room to move up in the company. Depending on what you do will drive a lot. Tons of things to learn with the company, great place for sales skills
The expectations are high within any role within the company. Corporate culture is very strong and is a key component to motivating partners. The expectation to achieve or exceed goals is very prevalent in the organization no matter what circumstance or situation arises. Customer facing partners have heavy workloads and high expectations. If you are willing to embrace the culture and engage in the training there are many opportunities to learn. In more recent years it seems that labour expenses have become the focal point of the company to maximize the bottom line. Newer partners do not get paid to the same standard as long term partners. This applies to service personnel as well as management
The culture is toxic. A typical day was answering constant phone calls from dissatisfied customers. Unorganized, lacked training. Daily I witnessed obnoxious bu** ki**ing at it's finest! If you're not a member of the management's "clique" you will soon be gone. Customer satisfaction is not your "partners" top priority and the a/r dept takes the brunt of it. However they excel at sucking up to management and continue to be employed and promoted. Fake, back stabbing, gossipy/whispering. Not surprised at the high turnover rate. Wish I had read the reviews before I took the job as they seem to be the same across North America.... Management keep their head in the sand, lacked leadership. They say one thing and do another. If you are not the type who's willing to continually bu** ki**" and get that glazed over look in your eyes if they speak to you...don't waste your time. Hardest part of the job was realizing I should have listened to my gut feeling after the first 2 months and realized this company/culture wasn't for me! There was NO ENJOYABLE part !
Cintas is great if you want to be over-worked and under appreciated. If you want to move up in the organization , it’s all about who you know, not what you know. Morale is low in most locations and the culture leaves a lot to be desired. Furthermore, it’s all about “what have you done for me lately” as there is little to know room for a bad week or bad month.
Nice to work where one interacts with companies of such diverse nature. One minute you're climbing around a refinery and the next you're servicing a small restaurant or office.
No evenings and no weekend work is great. And the benefits kick in after only one month.

The training salary is in place for the first 3 months and is very good.

Most of the managers are very good, but just like any company, there are a few, very few, who are not.

Must self start and be able to work alone.

A company vehicle is provided, and well taken care of.
Pretty easy to sum up actually.
Just imagine the worst possible company that you could work for and this place would with out a doubt surpass that with flying colors

I have honestly never seen anything quite like the behavior of management and most of the staff. Ministry of labour is visiting this company 3 to 5 times a week.