Cintas Employee Reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 2,842 reviews
Gestionnaire des stocks (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2019
Great companie, with good benefit package, and very good market of jobs.
Alright
Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 January 2019
It was an alright job. The management team only cares about their numbers and it is hard to move up if you are not close with the current management team.
Outside sales representative ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Being a sales representative for over 5 years here is what I've experienced.

Sales managers are mandated to interview 3 new people a week even when they are not hiring. Keeps potential good new hires guessing if they are going to get a job.
Poor compensation pay
Targets in sales unrealistic to hit PC
To get promoted you need to pretend everything is great and that you have the best job in the world
Sales salary below standard.
3rd paycheck of every month in sales in almost zero
Need to rely on the competency of your Sales manager to approve expenses on time or you get a zero paycheck every 3rd week.
Sales schedule start at 7:30a - 5pm
Managers only look at the sales numbers and when top performers stop producing they ignore and go to next rep who is the flavour of the week.
Service reps are told by managers to short customers and to throw additional items or products on a bill to grow the business without client knowing.
Huge Price increases over CPI and hope customer doesn't notice.
Cintas bought a major competitor in North America which impacts selling new business
If you are a top performer and want to move to a different division outside your current role they will hold you back and make your job harder. You are as good as your last week.

To become part of this prestigious cult you need to wear a Black or navy suit, white shirt and blue or red tie and clean shaven .

Cintas has constant production and supply issues in which make selling impossible.
Pros
Good ongoing training and benefits .
Cons
Preach a work life balance but expect 24/7 Cintas
Poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2018
Supervisor dont know anything he don’t give chances for some people to advance. He always ask for more production but he himself doesnt do anything about work he just sit and talk to his phone all day
Pros
Lots of program for the workers
Cons
Pay lowp
Good environment to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 December 2018
Good environment to work. Close to home for me. Very busy company with lots on the go. Good people working there, friendly and helpful. Would have preferred more advancement opportunities.
Fun but overloaded
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people side by side. The hardest part is the tremendous workload. Not enough employees to complete the task. Unable to speak freely on how to make your processes more efficient. Systems are archaic. Young management team is not experienced enough thus creating a lot of unnecessary problems based upon trial and error methodology. It is a shame...such a big company they will say it's confidence but actuality they are full of arrogance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Salary is very low, and Management needs to understand the business in each dept to be more successful
Work hard and you will be rewarded
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
I worked for Cintas as a Facility Services Service and Sales Representative in Toronto for a short period time. I regrettably had to leave because of my schooling schedule, but I enjoyed every day of my time there.

The managers there value work ethic above all and are very good at rewarding those who work hard. They are always there for support and provide valuable feedback both during training and on a regular basis afterwards.

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and go to work, this is an excellent place to work.
average job
Route Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2018
amazing 4 day work weeks giving lots of work life balance. plenty of overtime at the moment. management is not the greatest but they are working on it.
Unhappy
Washline Operator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 November 2018
Preceived themselves as a company that cared about their employees (partners), however when the minimum wage went up in Ontario, even though the Cintas had bought G&K after our contract had been made, waited until the 1st of January 2018 to put it in court and not up the employee wage. After months of fighting the arbitrator sided with the company and now a washline member would be paid only 22 cents more then a general labour. When I first worked the washline, the job paided 2 dollars more then a labourer. Glad they saved themselves some money, but cost them some employees, including me.
Fortune 500 company for a reason. Youre a number
Route Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2018
I worked at a branch that was a company called GK. Once cintas bought that company the branch quickly changed from employees first to managements numbers first.

You may think 4 day work weeks are great and they are. The only problem being you could be help up for any type of reason and instead of a 10 hour day you come in at 14 hours. Not only can you not have a life outside of your working days but you will get in trouble for working overtime.

That company is a joke and if you're applying to Hamilton you would be better off selling your soul to profit Instead of selling it for cintas to profit.

Thanks for reading.
Pros
Good pay, on your own
Cons
Its a sales job, no one to help you, you're a number

Want to know more about Cintas?

Ask a question
courier position
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
things went sideways when Cintas took over Zee Medical. money got worst. stopped being able to open locations. spied on by supervisor. kind of weird to many useless conference calls
Amazing place to work. Easily the best company I ever worked for.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2018
From the salary to the 4 day work week to the free benefits to monthly lunches and most importantly the amazing people that made everyday working there one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my life. You'll be hard pressed to find a better work environment with a first-class organization that really cares for their employees (and shows it everyday) like Cintas. I worked at the south Etobicoke location for almost a year but had to leave for personal reasons. Otherwise, I would proudly still be working and looking to retire there.
Yes, the job of a Service/Sales Rep at Cintas is not an easy one, but everybody in management including other SSR's, always have your back. It is a very physical job but trust me, you get used to it. If you can get your foot in the door, stay there. You won't find a better group of people to work with.
Pros
the people, 4 day work week, support from management, free lunches
Cons
pros far outweigh the cons
Not Professionally run place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 September 2018
Hired new hires rather then calling Laid off employees back. Does not value hard working, responsible employees. Had 5 employees out on lay off and chose to hire new rather then call back.
Hypocrite
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
The company is made to look like it cares about it's employees. Like: you are "asked" to take breaks but there is too much work that you have no time. Too much pressure at work.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
low pay, high expectation
Good Place to work at
Marketing Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2018
Great atmosphere and great place to learn. They have quite a bit of room for advancement within the corporation with room to relocate if you wish.
Fun workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 August 2018
Building loads for all trucks ,off loading transports, putting away all mats , cleaning work place , looking after all the drivers in the morning with their bulk request for soaps or mats and linen,
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No overtime
Work job ever
Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 August 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this toxic job. If you want to be treated like garbage every day and yelled at. Than this is the job for you. The managers treat you like dirt if you on the road or in the plant. You don’t have friends their. They are all liars. Don’t work here. Run!!!
Pros
4 days on 3 off.
Cons
Managers, long hours, bad pay, bad managers, Drama, bad staff, a lot of dumb people
Place just got worst
Journalier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
I don't know where to start. After 10 years i am now looking for a job. The management is a joke. They make empty promises to push you to work harder.

I have seen so much unethical b.s happening and so much shrugging problems off.

Management doesn't listen to suggestion unless it comes from their peers. The same suggestion i made was approved months after i made it because a fellow manager just thought of it.

It's too bad because i could have spent my whole life working for them. I am a very dedicated employee.

Plant management should have gotten replaced when cintas took over.
Pros
Decent salary, insurance.
Cons
Management, heat, bad air flow, 10 hours shifts.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 August 2018
I worked here as a labourer. The pay a bit more then minimum wage for the position I was in. The facility I worked in was really nice but I heard that isn't the case everywhere.

I found there was plenty of opportunities with this company.
Pros
Comfortable place to work
Cons
Some managers aren't the nicest most are though/Some facilities may not be the nicest
Once the day was over, it was over
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 July 2018
Sometimes it could be difficult to complete your day but once you got through it you never felt like you took it home with you. Which is not necessarily how it goes at all workplaces in my experience
Pros
working alone
Cons
being responsible for everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.