Cintas Employee Reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 2,704 reviews
Unhappy
Washline Operator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 November 2018
Preceived themselves as a company that cared about their employees (partners), however when the minimum wage went up in Ontario, even though the Cintas had bought G&K after our contract had been made, waited until the 1st of January 2018 to put it in court and not up the employee wage. After months of fighting the arbitrator sided with the company and now a washline member would be paid only 22 cents more then a general labour. When I first worked the washline, the job paided 2 dollars more then a labourer. Glad they saved themselves some money, but cost them some employees, including me.
Fortune 500 company for a reason. Youre a number
Route Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2018
I worked at a branch that was a company called GK. Once cintas bought that company the branch quickly changed from employees first to managements numbers first.

You may think 4 day work weeks are great and they are. The only problem being you could be help up for any type of reason and instead of a 10 hour day you come in at 14 hours. Not only can you not have a life outside of your working days but you will get in trouble for working overtime.

That company is a joke and if you're applying to Hamilton you would be better off selling your soul to profit Instead of selling it for cintas to profit.

Thanks for reading.
Pros
Good pay, on your own
Cons
Its a sales job, no one to help you, you're a number
courier position
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
things went sideways when Cintas took over Zee Medical. money got worst. stopped being able to open locations. spied on by supervisor. kind of weird to many useless conference calls
Amazing place to work. Easily the best company I ever worked for.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2018
From the salary to the 4 day work week to the free benefits to monthly lunches and most importantly the amazing people that made everyday working there one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my life. You'll be hard pressed to find a better work environment with a first-class organization that really cares for their employees (and shows it everyday) like Cintas. I worked at the south Etobicoke location for almost a year but had to leave for personal reasons. Otherwise, I would proudly still be working and looking to retire there.
Yes, the job of a Service/Sales Rep at Cintas is not an easy one, but everybody in management including other SSR's, always have your back. It is a very physical job but trust me, you get used to it. If you can get your foot in the door, stay there. You won't find a better group of people to work with.
Pros
the people, 4 day work week, support from management, free lunches
Cons
pros far outweigh the cons
Not Professionally run place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 September 2018
Hired new hires rather then calling Laid off employees back. Does not value hard working, responsible employees. Had 5 employees out on lay off and chose to hire new rather then call back.
Hypocrite
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
The company is made to look like it cares about it's employees. Like: you are "asked" to take breaks but there is too much work that you have no time. Too much pressure at work.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
low pay, high expectation
Fun workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 August 2018
Building loads for all trucks ,off loading transports, putting away all mats , cleaning work place , looking after all the drivers in the morning with their bulk request for soaps or mats and linen,
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No overtime
Work job ever
Service and Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 August 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this toxic job. If you want to be treated like garbage every day and yelled at. Than this is the job for you. The managers treat you like dirt if you on the road or in the plant. You don’t have friends their. They are all liars. Don’t work here. Run!!!
Pros
4 days on 3 off.
Cons
Managers, long hours, bad pay, bad managers, Drama, bad staff, a lot of dumb people
Place just got worst
Journalier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
I don't know where to start. After 10 years i am now looking for a job. The management is a joke. They make empty promises to push you to work harder.

I have seen so much unethical b.s happening and so much shrugging problems off.

Management doesn't listen to suggestion unless it comes from their peers. The same suggestion i made was approved months after i made it because a fellow manager just thought of it.

It's too bad because i could have spent my whole life working for them. I am a very dedicated employee.

Plant management should have gotten replaced when cintas took over.
Pros
Decent salary, insurance.
Cons
Management, heat, bad air flow, 10 hours shifts.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 August 2018
I worked here as a labourer. The pay a bit more then minimum wage for the position I was in. The facility I worked in was really nice but I heard that isn't the case everywhere.

I found there was plenty of opportunities with this company.
Pros
Comfortable place to work
Cons
Some managers aren't the nicest most are though/Some facilities may not be the nicest
Once the day was over, it was over
Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC25 July 2018
Sometimes it could be difficult to complete your day but once you got through it you never felt like you took it home with you. Which is not necessarily how it goes at all workplaces in my experience
Pros
working alone
Cons
being responsible for everything
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Work load is huge compared to the amount of hours you have to complete your tasks

Salary is not enough for the amount if work expected

Corporate culture is good. Health and safety and sprint days are always fun
Pros
Lots of employee lunches and bbq’s
Cons
High work load not enough help
average
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
Cintas is an average company I will say, sincethe Management team sometimes take advantage of their partners as they call them, I understand the job must be done, however I don't think it was fair while I was there for few months...again this is my personal opinion as a Production Supervisor.
Place has Changed after aquisition of G&K
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2018
Was a great place to work but has changed drastically after the acquisition of G&K Services. The desire for profit and growth has crippled the quality of products and services which made Cintas an industry leader.
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant (2010) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
If you are looking for a company that believes in work hard, play hard, you have come to the right place. This is a fast pace, high reward company. Cintas will invest their time in training and developing you to be a great employee and future leader.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Training
Cons
Parking
Work Place condition
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
this is a turn and burn company.
great training group to develop sales techniques
not a great place for tenure or growth
Great for young up and comers I would stay away if your looking for security.
Great Company to Work for
Regional Healthcare Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 June 2018
Cintas will take the time to teach you and make you feel confident in yourself and your career........................................................
Pros
excellent compensation and benefits
Great people, simple job
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 June 2018
Decent job, pay and benefits were ok for the time I was working.

People got along pretty well and I always had a fun day when going to work.

Management was pretty good
Amazing company and with consistent growth opportunities
DIRECTOR OF SALES, Eastern Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto Canada31 May 2018
Incredible training and development with unlimited income and growth potential.Recession proof products/services.

Great long-term career opportunity with solid leadership
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
conservative company
was good
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
it was good place to work the very friendly and family orientated great hours and it is monday to friday and paid weekly it was a good place to work and recomend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.