Cintas Employee Reviews

Found 141 reviews matching the search See all 2,987 reviews
Personnel peu profesionnel
Décharger et charger les camions (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC18 March 2019
j'ai pas aimé mon expérience personnellement mais bon j'ai seulement travaillé 4 mois
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2019
I worked there for a month busted my bum off for the company and I got let go a month in because they claim they couldn’t see it going far in the future!?!? What’s that mean?

They don’t like being told they are wrong that’s for sure
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
the rating says it all
Utility I (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2019
nice work place, safe to work in, the company is very good with the benefits but just the management need to improve a lot especially with handling people
Discriminatory Actions
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dundas St. Toronto, ON31 January 2019
🤔 Asked me to shave my beard🧔off...completely OFF to a clean face, I tried to compromise and I told them I would shave it down but I ain't shaving it off. So basically what they're trying to say is that you won't be able to sell anything to any Customer because you have a beard? that's the saddest thing and the most discriminatory thing I've ever heard in my life when we were kids we're taught not to judge a book by it's cover that's essentially what you're doing it is up to the employee to make the customer feel as though they are a customer and appreciated it doesn't matter whether I have a beard or have a whole body full of hair I don't have tattoos on my face I don't have earrings on my face or anything like that but again even that shouldn't matter and it's discriminatory to think otherwise it's not like it was Food Services where in which case I might have to shave my beard or I would have wore a beard net I have never been asked to shave my facial hair in any interview in my life this is horrible and I hope you guys do better just know I went to CP24 with this review and I hope they review it on your show cuz I know I'm not the only one. At my last job I had customers calling my boss asking specifically for my services no one else's hit the boss said he was going to send somebody else they didn't want the work to be done they just wanted it to be me I wonder why that is play Cintas you guys just lost a really good guy and i didn't even get a chance to work for you guys BECAUSE I JAVE A BEARD 🤷‍♂️😡!! 😤😤😡🖕🏼🖕🏼
Pros
Place pays good
Cons
Cant drive for them if you have a BEARD !😂😂🤣🤷‍♂️😡😤🖕🏼
production sweat shop
Shipping Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 January 2019
They bark production down your throat like dogs. GM is very nice, and walks around on the floor regularly. Workers are very moody and all complain. Goodluck.
great place to start
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 January 2019
Cintas does a great job of getting new employees off to a running start. The management is engaged and willing to assist you. if you excel there id definitely room to advance.
Pros
staff
Cons
ways wages are differed
Gestionnaire des stocks (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2019
Great companie, with good benefit package, and very good market of jobs.
Alright
Service Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 January 2019
It was an alright job. The management team only cares about their numbers and it is hard to move up if you are not close with the current management team.
Outside sales representative ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Being a sales representative for over 5 years here is what I've experienced.

Sales managers are mandated to interview 3 new people a week even when they are not hiring. Keeps potential good new hires guessing if they are going to get a job.
Poor compensation pay
Targets in sales unrealistic to hit PC
To get promoted you need to pretend everything is great and that you have the best job in the world
Sales salary below standard.
3rd paycheck of every month in sales in almost zero
Need to rely on the competency of your Sales manager to approve expenses on time or you get a zero paycheck every 3rd week.
Sales schedule start at 7:30a - 5pm
Managers only look at the sales numbers and when top performers stop producing they ignore and go to next rep who is the flavour of the week.
Service reps are told by managers to short customers and to throw additional items or products on a bill to grow the business without client knowing.
Huge Price increases over CPI and hope customer doesn't notice.
Cintas bought a major competitor in North America which impacts selling new business
If you are a top performer and want to move to a different division outside your current role they will hold you back and make your job harder. You are as good as your last week.

To become part of this prestigious cult you need to wear a Black or navy suit, white shirt and blue or red tie and clean shaven .

Cintas has constant production and supply issues in which make selling impossible.
Pros
Good ongoing training and benefits .
Cons
Preach a work life balance but expect 24/7 Cintas
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2018
Supervisor dont know anything he don’t give chances for some people to advance. He always ask for more production but he himself doesnt do anything about work he just sit and talk to his phone all day
Pros
Lots of program for the workers
Cons
Pay lowp
Good environment to work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 December 2018
Good environment to work. Close to home for me. Very busy company with lots on the go. Good people working there, friendly and helpful. Would have preferred more advancement opportunities.
Fun but overloaded
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people side by side. The hardest part is the tremendous workload. Not enough employees to complete the task. Unable to speak freely on how to make your processes more efficient. Systems are archaic. Young management team is not experienced enough thus creating a lot of unnecessary problems based upon trial and error methodology. It is a shame...such a big company they will say it's confidence but actuality they are full of arrogance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Salary is very low, and Management needs to understand the business in each dept to be more successful
Work hard and you will be rewarded
Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
I worked for Cintas as a Facility Services Service and Sales Representative in Toronto for a short period time. I regrettably had to leave because of my schooling schedule, but I enjoyed every day of my time there.

The managers there value work ethic above all and are very good at rewarding those who work hard. They are always there for support and provide valuable feedback both during training and on a regular basis afterwards.

If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and go to work, this is an excellent place to work.
average job
Route Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2018
amazing 4 day work weeks giving lots of work life balance. plenty of overtime at the moment. management is not the greatest but they are working on it.
Unhappy
Washline Operator (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 November 2018
Preceived themselves as a company that cared about their employees (partners), however when the minimum wage went up in Ontario, even though the Cintas had bought G&K after our contract had been made, waited until the 1st of January 2018 to put it in court and not up the employee wage. After months of fighting the arbitrator sided with the company and now a washline member would be paid only 22 cents more then a general labour. When I first worked the washline, the job paided 2 dollars more then a labourer. Glad they saved themselves some money, but cost them some employees, including me.
Fortune 500 company for a reason. Youre a number
Route Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 October 2018
I worked at a branch that was a company called GK. Once cintas bought that company the branch quickly changed from employees first to managements numbers first.

You may think 4 day work weeks are great and they are. The only problem being you could be help up for any type of reason and instead of a 10 hour day you come in at 14 hours. Not only can you not have a life outside of your working days but you will get in trouble for working overtime.

That company is a joke and if you're applying to Hamilton you would be better off selling your soul to profit Instead of selling it for cintas to profit.

Thanks for reading.
Pros
Good pay, on your own
Cons
Its a sales job, no one to help you, you're a number
courier position
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2018
things went sideways when Cintas took over Zee Medical. money got worst. stopped being able to open locations. spied on by supervisor. kind of weird to many useless conference calls
Amazing place to work. Easily the best company I ever worked for.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2018
From the salary to the 4 day work week to the free benefits to monthly lunches and most importantly the amazing people that made everyday working there one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my life. You'll be hard pressed to find a better work environment with a first-class organization that really cares for their employees (and shows it everyday) like Cintas. I worked at the south Etobicoke location for almost a year but had to leave for personal reasons. Otherwise, I would proudly still be working and looking to retire there.
Yes, the job of a Service/Sales Rep at Cintas is not an easy one, but everybody in management including other SSR's, always have your back. It is a very physical job but trust me, you get used to it. If you can get your foot in the door, stay there. You won't find a better group of people to work with.
Pros
the people, 4 day work week, support from management, free lunches
Cons
pros far outweigh the cons
Not Professionally run place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 September 2018
Hired new hires rather then calling Laid off employees back. Does not value hard working, responsible employees. Had 5 employees out on lay off and chose to hire new rather then call back.
Hypocrite
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
The company is made to look like it cares about it's employees. Like: you are "asked" to take breaks but there is too much work that you have no time. Too much pressure at work.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
low pay, high expectation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.