Cineplex Employee Review

Fun and exciting work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2014
Responsibilities included supervising fellow associates and ensuring they feel comfortable enough to handle day to day tasks independently.

I learned the importance of teamwork as a Team Leader for we had to communicate with fellow team leaders from various positions (floor, concession, RBO, box office) to ensure human resources were appropriately allocated to the busiest areas. Majority of the tasks and responsibilities would not have been possible without successful team work. I highly recommend new workers to focus on building trust in their fellow associates in developing a healthy and efficient work environment.

Fellow associates were highly helpful in assisting various positions beyond their required job descriptions. In more than one occasions the associates would willingly go above and beyond their duties to ensure the overall operations of the day are at optimal levels.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with insubordination. As this is a movie theater, majority of the associates are high school students with limited attention span and who some times disregarded authority. The appropriate response was leading by example, which the team leaders in Scotiabank Theatre demonstrated time and again. Still, several occasions resulted in consulting with the management team to determine the appropriate approach in an attempt to provide the said associates with the opportunity to become the team members they were expected to be.

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking an active part in ensuring the daily operations were accomplished as efficiently as possible.
  more... There are various grey area that were available to the Team Leaders to take responsibility and manipulate to demonstrate their ability to communicate, operate, lead, and train the associates to ensure the overall satisfaction of clients. I greatly appreciate becoming a part of such a great team and learned much about the practical functions of a successful business as Team Leader of Scotiabank Theatre.  less
Pros
Excellent, vibrant work environment with amazing opportunities
Cons
Insubordination and at times unreasonably difficult clients

Other Cineplex Employee Reviews

Great work environment with plenty of great people.
Waterloo - Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 April 2018
Working at cineplex is a great experience. I have been able to meet many awesome people all around my age (High school and college). The job is easy too and the flexibility of shifts and selecting your hours is also great for students. I definitely recommend it.
Pros
Free movie passes for 2
Cons
Some shifts require you to stay after midnight
fun, and friendly
RBO Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
it was a fun atmosphere with lots of laughs. I did cooking in the RBOS during my time there. I would prep food cook and also clean. I would recommend this as a good starting job.
Pros
free movies
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.