Cineplex
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Cineplex

Cineplex Employee Review

Terrible

Terrible pay, shifts that are announced 2 days before the next week. The back office team is horrendous and the "benefits" are laughable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Same role

One of the managers was giving underaged worker alcohol on the job

The whole reason I left was management. I lost respect in working under someone who was disrespectful to me but also allowing an underage co-worker to down a bottle of Smirnoff Ice in the back only to return to serve customers. They thought it was funny, it was not. Didn't bother reporting, just left. There was constant harassment on an LGBTQ+ member that was minimally addressed too. Managment there SUCKED. Overall the job wasn't that bad, I enjoyed the families.

Pros

Free movies, popcorn and drinks

Cons

Childish, sketchy managers, lazy teenager atmosphere
Same location

Managers doing the best they can with corporate policies

Honestly, everything negative about working there all comes down to bad, out of touch company policies. Supervisors and managers make barely more than minimum wage and cast members receive basic minimum wage. This had been by far the hardest retail job I’ve worked with the least amount of pay. And they take advantage of the fact that most of the staff is high school students who don’t know any better and don’t know how to advocate for themselves.
Same location

Fun Place

Not a bad place to work, especially for students. Free movie pass to take +1 once a week. Free popcorn and pop during shifts. Can take posters home. Uncertainity of hours.

Pros

Free Movies, popcorn and pop

Cons

low hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement