Cineplex logo

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,478 reviews

Young, dynamic and technological

Perfect for those who love being on the field with the staff, not too much office tasks to do when you are out of the open/close periods. Finding the balance between your work schedule and your personal life is the hardest part since you work mostly when general public are off.

only good as a first time employer

Great first time employer for students looking for job experience. Not a good fit for someone who has a family. Weekends and holidays are expected as well as late nights.

Pros

Free Movies

Cons

working weekends, evenings and holidays

High Stress, underpaid

Long hours, no weekends off - say goodbye to your social life. You are responsible for HR, Payroll, Operations, Food Services, Health & Safety, Customer Service, Financial management and Movie exhibition daily along with executing all programs as required by Head Office.

Pros

Free Movies

Cons

No time to see them, you have to work evening, weekends and all holidays.

Great if you work at the head office

Head office positions allows for work/life balance - evenings, holidays and weekends off. Working in the theatre is more difficult to coordinate schedules with other managers and or take time off regularly.

Work Life

Typical Day: reviewing weekly targets and running the floor smoothly. I learned leadership, management skills Hardest part of job was long shifts ending late at night Enjoyable part of the job were the free movies

Pros

Free movies

Cons

Late nights, no weekends free, poor pay, long hours

Don't work here

On the surface the job and company look very good. But on the inside they short change their employees at every opportunity. They put on wages for all hourly staff as well as their bonus structures are very difficult to attain. Good starter job for teenagers entering the work place, but that's about it.

Benefits

Cons

Pay and advancement. Lack of incentives

Fun Work Place

Deal with different people everyday. Good place to learn to be a peoples person as guest interactions is vital. Free movies as a employee benefit.

Good For Students / Horrible for Adults

Cineplex is a good place to get work experience but whatever you do get out before it is too late. I have been with the company over 15 years and it sucks the life out of you. As a member of the management team there is no work/life balance. You must work weekend nights without question. Pay for full time managers is horrible and any bonus payouts are strictly by luck.

Pros

Good cast members

Cons

long hours, horrible pay

Not consistent

Overall the company not bad to work for there expectation are a bit out of reach sometimes .They pride themselves with wanting to achieve great guest service but don't want to pay for it when come to staffing . I'm a full time manager that's all I'm going to tell you there never a clear picture when comes to certain aspect of the position. The mystery shop program is a joke it 's suppose to help you with seeing where you need to improve as theatre on the guest perspective however a lot of GM or theatre managers do is set up there friends or a guest who comes on a regular basis . To me to see proper results as in the retail industry you shouldn't know who the mystery shopper is .this is not the case for all theatre but it does happen.They don't train managers properly compare to other companies yes you can move up fast in the company but my advice is to take your time there really no support once your a manager in my opinion.younger cast are not stupid it hard to have them buy into certain procedures and I fine some of the tactics I have heard over the years to get some of them are terrible these kids work there butt of for the most part there are some are just lazy but good luck getting rid of them.The process is too long and time sucking. I fine there to many moving parts some days as a manager to be up in projection floor behind concession and see everything with limited staffing is not guest oriented . I also find you have to many people telling you to many different things work life balance is difficult in my opinion but a lot of manager won't say anything. Anyway if you -

Pros

free movies experience increase skill level

Cons

no work life balance long hours expectations are a bit overwhelming

Jobs at Cineplex