Cineplex Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 1,102 reviews
easy work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
cineplex was a ok job the pay was not that good. co workers were nice. learned cleaning/people skills. overall ok work the work itself was easy dealing with rude costumers was not.
Not the best job, not the worst
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON4 January 2019
Management isn't the greatest and customers and the worst. the job itself is pretty easy though. I found it very hard to move up in the company but then when I finally move up to an assistant manager I wish I never had, although I'm glad I did because I can at least have management on my resume.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
mostly everything
fun place to work
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  canada,13 December 2018
awesome place to work, but pay is really bad, no benefits, even assistent managers get payed so bad. managers sometimes unfair. over all amazing place to work, and to be apart of
Fun
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
Free popcorn and drinks. Great group of people. Always busy. Commission make the most so sell del sell combos. Always something to do so you wont get bored.
Pros
Food & drinks
Cons
No benifts
Factual Hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2018
Great job for a student, good benefits in the sense that you get free movie passes after passing your 3 month probation. Managers and employees are all very nice.
It's a good job for working vacations and students
customer service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, Canada30 September 2018
Hours are very flexible and easily changeable. Most management is very kind and positive, and coworkers have a very intense commodore due to a lot of down time in between the busy spans of each shift.
Pros
free movies, good coworkers
Cons
very difficult to advance in career
Very busy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB10 June 2018
- take orders
- finish cleaning list
- answer questions guests have
- while taking orders have a conversation with the customers
- take out garbage's
- stock the candy, pop, water, ect.
Pros
Very fun place to work!
Cons
I only got 1 or 2 shifts a week
Good job for first time employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 April 2018
Great for gaining customer service experience. Coworkers are nice. Some in management were great, others were not so great. I was told I would be given 20+ hours a week when hired but I would almost always be scheduled for two shifts just under five hours a week.
Pros
Decent work environment
scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
Not enough hours . worked there more then 2 years .
Could never get good hours for work. constantly asking for shift and when i got them they were 4 hours
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
not enough hours
An alright place to work
Customer Service / Floor Player (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC26 September 2017
I have been with Cineplex for 10 years now and for the most part it is enjoyable but like any job, there are moments where it seems to be unbearable to work and the managers always seem to tell, you 20 different things and there seems to be a lack of communication between them, when you are doing something that they tell you to do
Pros
Free movies for you and one person at any Cineplex in Canada, free pop and popcorn during shift
Cons
Lack of hours, no breaks if you work 5 hours or less, to many personal agendas going on

Want to know more about Cineplex?

Ask a question
Great first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2017
This is a good company to apply to if you are looking for a first job and to gain experience because theres a good chance theyll accept you in. I would say this is best for people looking for a part time job, experience, or both.
Pros
free movies
Cons
minimum wage
The job is in the evening, I like that
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Antigonish, NS4 June 2017
Working for Cineplex is nice, evenings are good for me due to my training schedule, I am very flexable with that, My Manager I have now is Great, my kind of boss, 95% of the time she is a leader and very serious when the time is needed!
do not recommend
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 May 2017
pays minimum wage only got 5 cent raise every year (worked there for three years), people are extremely rude, and is an unprofessional workplace, even the management is very unprofessional
Pros
nothing
Cons
pays minimum wage
work placement at cineplex
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 April 2017
A typical day at work is most times stressful, I learned that you cannot take your mood or anger out on your guest because customer service is key. The hardest part of my job is when I have supervisors or certain mangers that have hate towards certain co-workers. The most enjoyable part is working with happy people and the excitement on the guest faces for new movies
Pros
Discounts
Good starter job
Customer Service, Till, Money, Food (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
good job to start off with
good hours
nice staff
get to meet new people
free movie passes popcorn and drinks
50% off lunches while working
harassment reports were high
Pros
cheap lunch free movies, popcorn and drinks
Cons
harasssment was high
Make long time friends but the job is not worth it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2017
I had worked at cineplex for about 2 years and honestly the job is really repetitive. I like new challenges to spice up the work that i do and keep it fun, however it was never like that. The most challenges i would have would be a clogged toilet or a movie screen not working once in a while. The people there are great but the benefits suck and and you don't get to use them when you aren't working unless you are watching the movies which are free. Otherwise I would probably not stay there long. Find a job that lets you advance in positions.
Pros
Free Popcorn
Not for me
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 February 2017
It wasn't that bad honestly, I could've continued to work there. It was just too much strain on my body. Standing in one spot for hours and having so little space to move around. I didn't feel like I got enough for a break. I wasn't that fond of my coworkers, I felt rather closed off. Not everyone was bad though. It is fairly fast paced especially when it is busy, you got to be quick. Simple cash skills and just pay attention to customers orders. It was a nice time sometimes, but I couldn't deal with it physically or mentally.
Pros
Free movies, can choose restrictions on your work schedule, good managers, fun place
Cons
long hours standing, fast paced, exhausting
Fun and very productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 September 2016
Overall it was a great work environment, great people and very nice.
The hardest part of the job had to be the large amounts of people that came into the theater on Tuesdays and the weekend
Pros
Free movies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 September 2015
It was a good place to work in, it was productive and fun. Fun workplace with supportive management. Decent amount of hours, but got the chance to personally grow and develop, the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Fast moving work place that requires exceptional customer service
Customer Service associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2015
Working at Cineplex is all about team work.
- Prepping for the rush hours.
- Preparation of food
- Serving guests in a fast moving work environment.
- Sales, Cash handling, Serving food
- End of the day, inventory counts

- The biggest challenge is being prepared for the rush hours without knowing an exact number of customers to serve. At the same time, we constantly have to be aware of prepping, cooking and discarding expired food items on right times. While doing all those, we serve customers who are often in a hurry to get their food and enjoy the movie.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.