Cineplex Employee Reviews

Found 999 reviews matching the search See all 1,103 reviews
Good introductory job with long term goals and benefits.
Kitchen Staff/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2019
Cineplex offered many different positions where different personalities would help you succeed in one position more easily then others. Very willing to cross train and help identify ways one could achieve promotions or a raise. Management was consistently available especially during rush hours and helped create a friendly informative team oriented environment. Benefits included reduced pricing on concession, free movies and reward incentives for going above and beyond management expectations. I always felt hard work was noticed and rewarded there.
Typical entry level retail/customer service job
Mississauga - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2019
Typical work day consists of selling tickets, taking concession food orders, cleaning, taking out garbage, organizing and restocking for the next day. Average work environment.
cool place
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
great place to work
close locations to home
flexible hours
great coworkers
very chill place to work
mangement is very understanding
good work environment
Fair workplace, everyone has to start somewheres.
New Minas- Cast Member (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS12 March 2019
Cineplex is a odd place to work, work shift are often four and a half hours not giving you enough time to work another job nor have a decent day of working. Me personally I like coming to work for 9 hours getting what I need done and leaving. This is an environment where you either finish some else job or leave one for them to pick up. You would get half way through your day and your shift would be done but only half the chores and stock would be complete. We use notes so that people that come in after us know what has been done and what hasn't been done. Management there was weird, there was 2 main 'head' managers and 2 assistants. All of them gave contradicting information how to jobs should be done and often there would be no clear instructions. I enjoyed further pushing my communication skills and customer service skills and some my co workers were helpful but often times it would feel more like independent work.
Pros
Free movie passes
Cons
Constantly given conflicting information.
Glad I don't work there anymore
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2019
I worked long hours, for low pay, with bad management.
I learned how to work on a computer and use a fax machine.
Everybody was independent and the work culture wasn't great.
I learned that hey didn't promote from within and some of the department bosses weren't very nice.
The worst part of the job was showing up every morning and the best part was leaving at 5 pm.
Fast paced and Good opportunity
Concessions & Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2019
Working here as a highschooler really helped me wrap my head around the idea of managing myself and my time so that i would be able to keep up with the fast paced work that accompanied working at a location that experienced such extreme rushes.
Good started Job
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 March 2019
Good starter job to get you some useful skills to prepare you for other work environments.Has lots of room for advancement if willing and have an upbeat demeanor.
good
Events Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 March 2019
it was good. very busy hours especially during holidays and release of new movies and not many hours during the summer. The managers were good, always busy. alot of work to be done always
Productive environment with continuing leadership opportunities
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 March 2019
A typical day at work would involve greeting and serving customers while multitasking orders along with handling change. I learned how to be a leader in directing younger staff how to perform expected job tasks, how to be a team player in collaborating with coworkers on new strategies and my organizational skills developed as job roles proceeded. The management is understanding of employee's concerns and flexible with time-off requests and leave of absences. The most enjoyable part of the job would be being apart of the Cineplex family as well as working cooperatively to achieve the same goal, which is exceptional guest service.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
You are an easily replaceable cog in the machine that is cineplex.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2019
Highly unrewarding workplace. Some opportunity for advances, but little reward for moving up the company ladder unless you are somehow able to get out of the theatre and into head office. Theatre positions have very low salary, even if you some how get a full time manager position. No consistency in shifts.
Good place to work while in school if you get into a theatre with good management, as the hours can be pretty flexible for part time cast. You get to watch free movies, so that's a perk.
Work is fun
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 March 2019
Although it is minimum wage and customer service, the theatre provides not only an entertaining night out for guests but also staff. The only thing that would make it better would be to have full time staff so people could get benefits.
Productive and fun
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 March 2019
You really felt like a family member, management sometimes isn't always on the same page but other than the normal, you have a pretty good place to work.
Rewarding and fun workplace with few benefits and a good work/life balance.
Cast member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 March 2019
Working here is fun and easy most of the times, except for the busy days, yet it is always a rewarding experience when the day is over. This job offers good opportunities to work with the public and the staff is always helpful and very professional, the same applies to the management. Cineplex offers a clean and safe work environment at all times.
Poductive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2019
Working at Cineplex for over a year now, I have experienced all ups and downs of working here.

A typical day at Cineplex has anywhere from 2 to 6 rushes, depending on the day, so if you are great at handling high stress situations, then you will be great for the job. The people and environment are amazing there, you will have time in between rushes to stock up and chat with your co-workers and get to know them better. I have made many friendships throughout my career here, and the best part is you get to interact with many different guests and see many different life styles. Management is amazing, although they are chill, they still know what needs to get done and make sure the employees get them done. Once all tasks are done, (normally on a slow day) you can feel free to take a breather and just chat with a manager or a co-worker, since we are all open armed and have nothing else to do but chat with you anyways. You will get training for everything so you should never feel unprepared for a task you may have to complete, and managers will never push you do to something you don't feel safe doing. Salary is normal, however you if you prove yourself, you may have a chance of being a "team leader", which applies to "concession" and "floor" as well. The best part about this job for someone looking for part time, is the flexibility. You can work with your managers to figure out what dates work best for you, and if you make some friends in the company, we are always happy to cover a shift if something important came up. You can set your own schedule to work best with however your
  more... lifestyle is. Working here also means benefits. We have cast parties, discounts, and you get free movies (with a friend as well).

Overall this company is great for anyone looking to work in friendly environment, ready to meet lots of people, able to handle rushes and work with your co-workers to get the job done. If you are a looking for an amazing part time job with lots of adventures (whereas anything can happen, even a power outage), then this is definitely an great place for you. You will make lots of memories with friends and co-workers here, and receive special training for life in many situations.
Friendly
Concession Worker, Floor team (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 March 2019
Everyone there was super friendly and kind. The only thing I didn't enjoy was how I was hired for only seasonal and I was never told.
The break room was also very dirty.
Great Work Place For Students
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
Cineplex gives an amazing deal of flexibility for students enrolled in university and college. Well recommended, with effortlessly easy job responsibilities.
Pros
Free movie passes for two
Cons
Uniforms
Balance
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  AB2 March 2019
If you are a people person this place is great to work specially if your a student management is very flexible. It could get really busy on some night and chill on some days.
Pros
you get a free ticket every pay and some fun parties
Cons
not for you if your looking for a steady 40hr shift work
Great culture and awesome management
Server (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 February 2019
One of the best jobs I've had! Worked as a server in the new VIP section at Seton, Calgary. Great orientation, thorough training, and a really great environment. The management was great, really professional and accommodative. Hardest part of the job would definitely be the amount of time spent on my feet, however I had poor footwear and was not the fault of the workplace. Best parts were the setting (very comfortable restaurant setting, lights, table set up, etc.), the team was awesome and welcoming (also the section was brand new so we were all learning), and the management was downright impressive. Like I said, the section was new and we were all learning so the way managers handled the errors of the employees was with grace and understanding, however also highly effective. I had absolutely no experience as a server prior to this job and they helped me learn so much.

If I had not had to go back to school in BC, I would still be there now no doubt.
Pros
Discounted meals, free tickets
Cons
Long time on feet
Cineplex
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2019
It was a fun and fast paced environment with a lot of friendly people willing to welcome you into the team. Management was quite friendly, and was not too strict. It was a great expedience and allowed me to grow as a person.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
You smell like butter and popcorn
Fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2019
Customer service is a large portion of this job. Management is well selected and respectable. Work environment is healthy and cast members are trained well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.