Cineplex

Cineplex Employee Reviews

Canada1,281 reviews
Found 1,281 reviews matching the search
It was a fine first job, but the coworkers are rude.
I worked at the new Saskatoon theatre for 6 months. I had mental health issues that would sometimes impair my work abilities, and I was often ostracized because of that by my co workers. I am specifically talking about the floor staff, but even the rest of the people with whom I didn’t work with, were gossipy and did not do their jobs. A few of the people I worked alongside would say unwarranted mean things about their other works who weren’t scheduled for that day. I once had someone tell me that the others don’t like me because of my “issues”. Aside from that, the management was tough to deal with sometimes. There were a few of them that people would look forward to working with, and others that they would fear. My biggest problem with how things were handled, was the expectations of constantly working. I was on floor, and there was times where I would have copious amounts of work to do, and then there would be nothing left. Yet,they would watch us on the cameras, and tell us to stop talking to each other. If you are choosing to work here, be assured that there will be many point where you will have nothing to do, but will have to find something anyway. It’s tough. Otherwise, the benefits are fine, the job wasn’t too difficult, and you made money. If you are one to dissociate with your co workers, and fake being busy, then you should not have a problem.
Enjoyable
My experience working in cineplex is amazing. They really help youngsters to start their career in a happy atmosphere. Also, they provide many perks to their employees.
Really good work environment
You learn how to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work place. Great job to work during the school year or the summer because the hours are flexible.
i would highly recommend everybody this job.
great place to work. friendly staff .
amazing management team,

supportive work environment.

i highly recommend this job as it can be good start to learn about the management jobs.
Productive, fun, and fast work-pace
I would show up early to check the shows of the day. After, I start sweeping theatres and doing bathroom checks. I am also tained in concession which means that I can work on the till.
Fun place for first job
For a first job it was easy to learn and the people around you are very welcoming. it helped me learn time management and how to express huge crowds and one on one conversations.
Fast Paced and Under Staffed
Often under staffed, which results in added duties and responsibilities throughout your shift. Minimal staff are scheduled based on movie performance, and often times staff call in sick with no replacements.
Very good first job!
I worked for Ciniplex in my teens. It was one of my very first jobs and I think it was a great starting point! The customers aren't always pleasant, but management is very understanding and helpful. The day/night flies by almost every day because of how busy it is. It taught be great customer service skills, efficiency, and many other basic skills needed to progress onto bigger things!
Amazing and Collaborative Workplace Culture
Typical work week 40 hours, 9 to 5. Management really cares about its employees and encourage everyone to work together to achieve the common goal. Relaxed work environment with casual dress code. Remote work is available. The hardest part is coordinating and complete tasks with collegues from other offices. Organization offers competitive compensation package with perks like free movie for its employee.
Good Stepping stone job
Cineplex is a pretty good place to work a first job, but after a while there is only so much to learn. Pretty good hours if you want it but found the tasks to be very repetitive and also kinda ruined my "movie going experience" which is sad because I used to love going to the movie theatre.
Loved this job
Management at my location was amazing and made work very enjoyable. It was easy to bring up any issues I had or ask for schedule changes. This location tended to be slower during the week so the job included a lot of cleaning.
Pros
Amazing managment.
Cons
working late nights
Great People
Great people work there. I enjoyed all the time I worked there and it was mostly fun. Very friendly co-workers and most the time guests. I would recommend it to most my friends
Best place I've ever worked
They have. always treated me like family and help me in more then just the entertainment business. Giving me advice and always wanting the best for me.
Great side-job or student job
I worked for cineplex for 5 years, I started while I was in college and kept it for a side job afterwards. The management was extremely understanding and welcoming. The hours were extremely flexible since you create your own schedule. The pay is minimum wage, but the job is also extremely easy, for every hour and a half of work, you have a hour and half to stock, and clean everything.
The cineplex was the best job but they are closed
The cineplex is still the best job but I have to wait for them to operate again they are closed for now and I plan to go back to my job when the virse is over
Pros
I love working at the Cineplex Odeon and taking ticket at the door
Cons
Sometimes I tripped over the carbet
Stressful, fast-paced, low-pay
At my specific location (the busiest in Ontario) we were always understaffed and short on time for work that needed to be done. Lines always piled up, as did work, and the pay seemed to be too little for the high-volume work that was expected.
My experience
I don't want to leave the Cineplex, I love working there. The management is very interactive and very friendly. I enjoy making people happy and make sure they leave with a smile. If it was possible I would have a full time job there.
Dedicated, Fast Paced and a Fun Work Environment
A lot of team collaboration and dedication. Communication is a big factor while working at Cineplex. Hard work is always appreciated. A very friendly and accommodating management team. It is indeed a fast paced work environment but can be fun as well.
Chill and flexible
It's a great first job. The atmosphere is great. They're very accommodating when it comes to the schedule. Cast members get 50% off of the food while working there. Cleans can be gross but they provide gloves for staff.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
The guest
Easy job with great coworkers
Job is relatively easy and repetitive. Closing shifts can be long and tiring and go past midnight on super busy premieres. The time your shift end is scheduled until will go past that if it's a closing shift i.e. closing shift scheduled for 11:25, don't get out until 12:30. Great workplace culture and great coworkers. Management, for the most part, is good, some turnover and assistant managers can be young kids in their 20s promoted within. I liked most of the managers, some had an attitude problem.
Pros
Free movies, Coworkers, Discounted Food, Promotion Opportunities
Cons
Long Closing Shifts, Management Turnover
Fun Workplace
I have worked here for over three years and have enjoyed it thoroughly. The environment is very comfortable and it is easy to feel accepted. Have met some amazing people who are some of my best friends and who will be with me forever, here, and for that I'm grateful. They make it worth staying.