Cineplex Employee Reviews

Found 958 reviews matching the search See all 1,054 reviews
good job, just have to make sure you
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC13 January 2019
Their management is pretty bad, they don't really take my personal health in consideration, every shift i get is a closing shift which is long hours and i need to get on the sky train at certain time so i can get home. They don't take in consideration that i am still a kid and i still am in school.
Pros
50% off food when on shift
Cons
management is pretty bad
I had a great time.
Concession Worker, Concession Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON12 January 2019
I really did have a great time working with Cineplex, I still currently work here as I find the job easy and the hours semi-reliable.

Employees working concession are next to incompetent, however management structure is designed to handle even the dumbest of the dumb.

I do not mean any offense, and I have seen many bright individuals working at Cineplex throughout my short time working there.

However, I would like to add I haven't seen a great deal of smart people work at Cineplex for a long time.

The pay is minimum wage.

In my experience, managers were friendly are helpful on a day to day basis.

Job Culture is friendly, who doesn't love the movies?
Pros
movies!
Cons
I loved every second, some other people might not.
Do not recommend
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2019
Managers pick favourites and it is a very negative place to be in. Only thing enjoyable is getting a Cast Pass, which allows you to see a free movie anywhere. Do not recommend for college students as it is very overstaffed and the favourite people get 3-5 6 hour shift a week others get 1 3 hour shift a week.
Productive and fun work enivorment
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 January 2019
A typical work day at Cineplex would start off, with wearing a uniform and signing in for your day of work. starting off with starting poppers, slush machines, warming cheese and prepping for the day. Your manger would provide you with a cash, as you would hear,' popcorn popping, Movie lovers would then start to gather. Remember to ask each member if they would "like to have a combo." Management always scheduled you with good hours, while in school. I hardest part of my day was when kids came to the cash but didn't have enough money for that popcorn or cotton candy. I made many good friendships at Cineplex that I still have now.
Pros
free movies
fun place great people
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
A day at work is always fun with the people I work with, they are funny, hard working people, great at team work, express and show themselves truly. The managers are always there to assist us, answer any questions we have, open-minded, listens, active and very fun to be around with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule and fun workplace
Cons
minimum wage
fun place great people
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 January 2019
its a great place to work especially if youre a student.they are very flexble with your schedule and they are very compensating. great work environment with good people.
Not the best job, not the worst
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON4 January 2019
Management isn't the greatest and customers and the worst. the job itself is pretty easy though. I found it very hard to move up in the company but then when I finally move up to an assistant manager I wish I never had, although I'm glad I did because I can at least have management on my resume.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
mostly everything
Productive and fun new learning space
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2019
Hours are long but the staff I work with make up for it. Love the people I work with and the sense of community we have with each other, always holding each other up and helping out however we can.
Pros
Free movies, popcorn, drinks
Cons
frequent overtime work, long hours
Fun workplace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2019
A great Canadian entertainment company, learned a lot while working there. Made great friends and was a positive experience as my first job. Would recommend.
Pros
free popcorn and drinks
Belle entreprise, culture dynamique
DIRECTRICE RESSOURCES HUMAINES (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2018
Culture jeune et dynamique, horaires de travail pouvant être variables occasionnellement
Pros
Films gratuits, autres gratuités, cadeaux à Noel
Cons
Horaires de travail
Fast Paced Working Environment with Some Major Downsides
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2018
Overall Cineplex is a very average place to work. It’s more organized then your normal fast food place and has better benefits but it comes with some downsides not common for part time jobs.

First the positives. I really like the people I am working with. Both the other staff and managers have been amazing and incredibly helpful to a new employee. The place is incredibly fast paced during a rush so time goes by fast, in a rush. Finally the benefits are great, free movies are awesome.

Now for some negatives. First, when it slows down it slows to a crawl. I have never been more bored in my life then I was when we had no customers and nothing else to do. Second, I would really not recommend this job to those in college or university. I picked this up in college and let me tell you the hours suck for balancing homework, study, and work. The average shift I got was around 7.5-8 hrs so keep that in mind. Also understand that when they can pack the shifts on you they will. The entire reason I’m leaving this review is because my holiday schedule sent me into a mental breakdown. 50hrs in just over a week shouldn’t be allowed.

Cineplex is a fine place to work if you’re looking for a part time. The job is definitely better than the average fast food place and is (at least at my location) run by wonderful, helpful people. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a part time but really understand the hours and shifts they’ll be asking of you before you apply. They aren’t always as flexible as they say when you take the job offer so if you can’t work with the worst possible
  more... shifts they could give you on your schedule then find somewhere else. In my opinion if you’ve got more than 20hrs of homework a week on average (if your a high schooler chances are you don’t) then look somewhere with shorter shifts. Trust me, there’s a huge difference between getting home at 11pm the night before a test and 2am the night before a test.  less
Pros
Free movies, great managers, easy to use scheduling system, fast paced environment when busy
Cons
Long hours, Insane holiday hours, incredibly slow when not busy, bad for college/university kids
The employees are the only good thing there, I would know, I was one.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 December 2018
More often than not the management is power tripping and abusing those kids, making them treat a job that gives no raises like a salary job. The routinely fire people who have done only minor things wrong out of spite and they take good people and turn them sour. While I worked there they refused to honor RTOs (Request Time Off requests), they ignore health and safety risks and the HR department ignores legitimate claims made against certain management personnel. The only good thing that came from that place was the people I worked with, those are some of my closest friendships and I value them dearly. Aside from that, there isn't more that Cineplex can offer besides long, under-paid hours that usually end late night, and with management who are allergic to overtime and enjoy under staffing and making their employees suffer. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone that you love, unless you secretly hate them.
Pros
Free Movies
fun
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 December 2018
its a good place to work at. its very easy. is only open after 6 on weekdays is a good place for high schoolers to work at. the management is relatively good.
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
short shifts
Fun workplace, poor benefits.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 December 2018
Cineplex at Fifth Avenue was a very close-knit community and I enjoyed my time there, however the specific position I was working in had several duties incongruous to what one might think. I was floor team, meaning I swept the floors and just helped with the overall running of the show, and yet it was still part of my job to clean the popcorn machine at the end of the night, despite our minimal engagement with it during the rest of the shift.
apply today if you want to hate your life
Part-time Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2018
just the worst place I've ever worked at. I originally thought it was only the Seton location but it seems Cineplex is a terrible place to work. Management is awful, rude, immature, doesn't care at all about you (a coworker was fired infract of everyone using the phrase "you have no value, we have a stack of resumes that can replace you in a second"). You will never get the shifts that you ask for, you will never get time off that you ask for. The tuition assistance and any incentive programs are garbage. Thirty or so people here have either quit or been fired in the past five months. There is so much drama and toxicity. The only reason I still work here is because I need to pay for school and the back of house people are pretty nice. I can't stress to you enough: WORK SOMEWHERE ELSE
Cons
bad management, rude customers, no flexibility, bad management, rude coworkers, bad management
fun place to work
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  canada,13 December 2018
awesome place to work, but pay is really bad, no benefits, even assistent managers get payed so bad. managers sometimes unfair. over all amazing place to work, and to be apart of
okay first job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 December 2018
As a first job Cineplex is okay. But working there for an extended period of time is emotionally draining. This is not a company that cares about its employees. Management is horrible, no benefits expect free movies. The only things I enjoyed about working here was flexible work schedule and my co workers i made a lot of life time friendships here.
Cineplex
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  10 dundas street east6 December 2018
Great place and people to work with
Fast paced and can get really busy
flexible and options to switch departments
hardest part is cleaning washrooms
learned how to be a team leader
Good
Server / Host (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC4 December 2018
Really nice environment, Always a pleasure to go to work. Everyday is different so you never get bored. The management is good and most of the time is going to try to accommodate to help you with your problems.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits are not great
Great workplace for youth
Floorperson (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC3 December 2018
Assigned tasks are simple, work days are flexible, and the management is generally in their prime age range, so working with them doesn't feel like working with elderly strangers.
Pros
Employee discounts off foods, free movies, availability is easily changeable, and pension after retirement.
Cons
Shift trading can be a challenge at times and company policies are a little oudated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.