Cineplex Employee Reviews

Found 930 reviews matching the search See all 1,022 reviews
Fun young people to hang out with
Équipière (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC11 November 2018
Fun young people to hang out with. Great summer job. Sadly, management was pretty bad where I was and there was never enough staff to support us. We were always short and finished much later than promised.
Pros
Free movies and plus ones. Discounts on food.
Cons
Long and late closes. Many rush hours.
Long days dealing with public and managing multiple concepts in a single business unit.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2018
Every day is different! You manage high school & college aged students to execute corporate initiatives and deliver guest services while overseeing million dollar food service units and running a vast operations that involve facility management, HR, theatre exhibition, marketing, merchandising and payroll to name a few.
Pros
Free Movies, flexible work schedule.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement, long hours, every weekend and holiday you are required to work. Low support and compensation.
Amazing working culture
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2018
A typical day at Cineplex consists of different roles and duties depending on the position. As a cast member in VIP department is trained in different aspects which can include anything from preparing food to taking orders. Plus tips and free movies.
Factual Hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2018
Great job for a student, good benefits in the sense that you get free movie passes after passing your 3 month probation. Managers and employees are all very nice.
Horrible workplace.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 October 2018
This is a really horrible workplace which explains why turnover is so high at Cineplex. Horrible hours, horrible pay, you are expected to clean washrooms, stay way past scheduled shifts (around 1am), and the work can be very slow between shows.
high school 2.0
Part-time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 October 2018
this job is perfect for people just coming out of high school and need some extra cash. if you were popular in high school congrats! cineplex is for you. seriously, it's like high school with the clicks and gossip. i left cause i was a loser in high school and i was a loser there.
Pros
free movies, flexible hours
Cons
bullying, terrible pay
Working here literally sucks the life out of you
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2018
It was nice at first but then we had a major management shift that caused so many problems, such as a ton of cast members quitting because they hated the new gm, young, incompetent cast members suddenly getting promoted to assistant, unfair treatment, favoritism, lack of review when hiring led to lots of bad workers, so much drama, management team became mean and cruel and petty, lack of training for many cast members, you're pretty much thrown somewhere with no training and you're expected to know everything.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management usually sucks, everyone is mean, long hours, lot of standing in one place, drama, unfair treatment, lack of cast recognition
Overall
Cast Member/Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2018
Overall I would say that cineplex is a fun place to work at. They are flexible with schedules, you will just have to advise someone if you need a certain day off (obviously with a reasonable amount of time before the given day) and they (most of the time) won't have a problem. Pay is average. You don't really get recognition for doing more than your average co-worker so I would not suggest going hard on yourself to try and get noticed because you will not. Co-workers are very nice for the most part, fun to be around, and overall make your shift go back quicker when you've got good people around you.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no recognition when doing more than your average worker
Not sure
Lead Supervisor & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 October 2018
I worked at cineplex as a supervisor and trainer for about four years and in conclusion id say it is a good job for 16-20 yr olds, not much room to move up in the company. Pay is not fair for the huge amount of work that cast/TLs/assistant managers do. A good easy job overall, I think everyone should work this kind of job once. It really builds character.
Pros
free movie, flexible hours
Bartender / Food and Beverage
Assist guests (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
I started at the movie theatre as my first full time job and I really enjoyed it. I felt very comfortable there and felt like I could have a career there. Although I was young, I took my job very seriously. I have a lot of respect for my managers. I worked several areas at the movie theatre such as Timothy's, New York Fries and my most favourite, Vivid Lounge as a Bartender.
Great place
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC14 October 2018
Cineplex is a great place to work especially for a first job. Super helpful coworkers and management. Very supportive environment and super understanding. Definitely regret quitting!
Pros
Great coworkers, free movies
Cons
Late night shifts
bad pay for stress
Theatre Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 October 2018
good place to start yonge and work your way up to get managament exppeince.

bad pay for the amount of stress you have to deal with. get paid for 48 hours a week will work at least 50-55 hours actually, no over time.
Great Place To Work
CAST MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 October 2018
Its a good place to work when you are a high school student, A good first job. Advancing is hard in the company and everyone basically gets the same pay no matter what you are hired as.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Barely any advancing
Good starter job with fun people and flexible hours
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 October 2018
overall was a pretty good place at the time i worked at. mainly because i liked the people i worked with and it made it more fun and less boring. it was super busy at times which is expected but if you like working at busy places, then this is the place for you! they are good with schedules for the most part. i got most days i wanted off and they're policy on sick calls is standard. basically just keeping the place clean and stocked. (i was concession) and trying not to run out of popcorn, which has happened quite a few times and it is not fun for anyone especially the many many guests waiting in line. good place for a first job. I just liked the people honestly, at the time it made it more enjoyable and time go faster. Everyone helps each other out if they aren't doing anything. free movies but discount for food is only if you're working that same day. so you can't get a discount if you aren't working that day for food which kinda sucked.
Pros
i liked the people i worked with
Cons
can't think of much honestly
Can be fun, but people can be jerks
Part-Time Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 October 2018
Management can be a bit incompetent and guests can be really rude. There are the regulars that make it alright. You get free movies, but there is so much responsibility put on the cast leaders and they only get a 25 cent raise. But it's not as bad as you would think.
Pros
Free movies, nice regulars, nice friends
Cons
Management, rude guests, stressful at times.
Awful place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2018
They don't understand hospitality. Cineplex is movies and now they have The Rec Room. Prices are too high for business and they over hire and will fire you when they realize they are making no money. The place is dieing and they are scrambling to make money. When applying at The Rec Room use it as temporary. They will screw you over.
Pros
Free lunch, free movies
it was a fun atmosphere
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2018
It was great people place to work, serving customers, meeting new friends and the management was great. the hours were flexasble while i was in school
Pros
Free movies and popcorn
Cons
late school nights
I hated this job
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS2 October 2018
I started at cineplex hopeful to have a good job for a long time with lots of great co workers, what I got was much the opposite. You work long hours, very few breaks, no discount of food when you’re not working, no food safety followed. Cineplex is just the absolute worst job I’ve had.
Pros
50% off only when working, 2 free tickets every 2 weeks
Cons
Long hours, no discount when not working
Productive and fun work place, like being in a high school
Part Time Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 October 2018
I worked on floor and it was a fantastic place to work at. You get to talk to your coworkers while working and help people with where they need to go. You’re never truly alone, so don’t be anxious. Floor is pretty laid back, most of the time you’ll help clean theatres and also do washroom checks every half hour as well as theatre checks. Making sure that the condiments are fully stocked and counters are clean at all times as well as maintaining the lobby. I highly recommend working here. It was a great experience, not a place you should ever cross bridges with.
Pros
You get fifty percent off with food and drink plus free small popcorn and soda on breaks, and let’s not forget a flexible schedule!
Cons
On the rare occasion late closing or incredibly busy but you will manage!
fun work space
Cast leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 October 2018
I love every cast member there and enjoy every minute I work there. The only fault is the rush but the people I work with make the rush enjoyable. Management are great help especially during the rushes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.