Cineplex Employee Reviews

amazing
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 April 2018
The people were amazing. The managers are so caring and they always schedule shifts around your schedule. The guests are sometimes rude but the environment is so uplifting and everyone has your back no matter what. it was a great place to work
not very beneficial
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 April 2018
they didn't seem to take into consideration if there was a family emergency unless you were a manager. It was not a good place to work. When I was there, they were not very good with keeping up with their hygiene.
Pros
followed rules for breaks
Cons
rarely a fun environment, horrible management.
Great work environment with plenty of great people.
Waterloo - Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 April 2018
Working at cineplex is a great experience. I have been able to meet many awesome people all around my age (High school and college). The job is easy too and the flexibility of shifts and selecting your hours is also great for students. I definitely recommend it.
Pros
Free movie passes for 2
Cons
Some shifts require you to stay after midnight
GREAT first job
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Great upper management. Been a long time since I left this company but i remember them being very appreciative of all employees and offering many company benefits such as helping with students tuition and lots of incentives and bonuses.
Pros
Free movies
A good starting job with options
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
A typical first job. I worked part time after school on friday and on weekends. The one good benefit was discounted food and free movies. Other than that, there wasn't much else. The pay was pretty stagnant, after a year I got a 15 cent raise... If you work fulltime and stick around, you can advance upward so there is the possibility to move forward. My managers were understanding and reasonable for the most part. It can get very hectic with big movies and with any job where you deal with customers, it can go from good to bad really fast.
Pros
free movies, occasional holiday party, discounted food, like minded staff
Cons
low pay, can get extremely busy, dealing with angry customers
Horrendous
Cast Mebr/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
I literally got sick working here. This job contributed to messing up my life, detracting from my schoolwork, and ruining my personal relationshps. I would have been better off never working here
Amazing work environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 April 2018
Truly an amazing place to work. Great people, and supportive management. It is a fast paced environment but, that was something i was lookig fro when i applied. The hardest part about the job is probably how busy i can get but, with a great team that doesnt have such a big impact on the job.
Pros
Tuition Assistance, Great team
Cons
Busy
Fun fun fun
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK9 April 2018
Lots of fun. Free Movies. Amazing Staff. One of the best environments to work in if you are in high school. I learned a lot of communicating and problem solving there.
Everything was great until they took our commission away
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
Working at the movie theatre was probably one of the funnest jobs I will ever have. Its the perfect job for a teenager because most of the people who work here are from 15-25, however that can cause a lot of drama sometimes too. I worked mostly in concession and the best part about it was that you made commission by selling combos. Everything was all good until we started noticing our paycheques were getting smaller even though we were working the same hours... well they took our commission away without telling us, and replaced it with a horrible points system, where if you saved up your points for years and years, you could afford a cheap $5 necklace.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Management sucks
Very productive.
Volunteer - Kid's Christmas Party (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere. There's a lot to do and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The workplace is professional and ensures that everybody knows their duty.
Great if you work at the head office
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Head office positions allows for work/life balance - evenings, holidays and weekends off. Working in the theatre is more difficult to coordinate schedules with other managers and or take time off regularly.
Good Benefits
Cast member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2018
The job consists of great opportunities and learning experiences.It offers free movies, as well as great discounts of food during your shift. The hours are greatly flexible too.
scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
Not enough hours . worked there more then 2 years .
Could never get good hours for work. constantly asking for shift and when i got them they were 4 hours
Pros
free popcorn
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, flexible hours, friendly working environment
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Overall Cineplex is a really friendly working environment, has flexible hours, and benefits with free movies, Cineplex is a really good starting job for teenagers.
Pros
free movies
Cons
no discounts on concession
Perfect job for a student!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS25 March 2018
Cast members and managers have always been extremely friendly and supportive. Going to work doesn't really seem like a job more like hanging out with friends and being productive together! highly recommend to those in school.
okay place to work
CAST MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2018
Cineplex has it good and bad. every location is different. At the location that i worked we were very busy and rule were broken alot. at cineplex you have to work as an team. if you cant its not the best for you.
Pros
free popcorn, movie passes, discounts on food
Cons
not alot of hours
Fun workplace
Assistante Éducatrice (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 March 2018
It was an amazing experienced I loved being a popcorn maker and a cashier. The stress was enjoyful. I got to learn every rushing time and now I am a pro. I also loved the benefits employess got.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
finished late
cast
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 March 2018
typical shift would be
opening up the concession area
preparing the popcorn
serving the guests with freshly popped popcorn
selling tickets
selling merchandise and other products
Pros
free popcorn and movie
Cons
buttery floors
i enjoyed working there
Concession Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2018
Cineplex was a very busy work environment and i enjoyed working there. It had a good team dynamic and was a fun place to work. The only thing that i was nit happy with was the lack of hours.
Pros
free food and movies
Cons
not enough hours
Working at Cineplex
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 March 2018
The staff are very nice and easy to work with. Mostly younger people (high school/college/university students). The job itself is fairly easy but can seem overwhelming at first, especially if this is your first job. The training is done typically in one weekend (friday-sunday) and a lot can be forgotten when the training is rushed. It gets easier the more shifts worked. Management can be hard on people, especially during their 3 months probation but often times they become much friendlier after this period and as long as you're doing your job and not messing around there shouldn't be any problems. There are opportunities to learn different jobs throughout the theatre such as; concession, floor (cleaning theatres), box office, yoyos, outtakes. This is nice when you get bored of one position or want to be able to pick up more shifts. All in all, a good, flexible job to have. Definitely a good starting job!
Pros
free movies every paycheck
Cons
no full-time opportunities unless you are management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.