cineplex
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

cineplex Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews

Fun workplacw

I’m have enjoyed working at cineplex so far and everyone has made the transition into a new work position easy for me. I have found the communication with management to be very good and the job to be fun.

Great for students and part-time job

I was able to study and work at the same time, since you have flexibility to block the hours you are not available. Also, depending of the season, there are some extra hours available.It's a minimum wage job.

Pros

Free movie tickets every two weeks

Cons

Wait until the last show is out, sometimes after midnigth

Insights into cineplex

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Love to work here

A lot to learn, Although it is stressful, but you still learn how to manage your time. Take ownership of yourself. Multi-tasking a lot but you are going to get it.

Pros

Sdmcklosdckmosm

Cons

Wkcockmwwieofewo

fun environment and peers

working concession was simple and fun, easy to manage even during the busy hours. it’s a good first job for teens and young adults who need somewhere to get experience. closing shifts are tough but often quiet (especially on weekdays). managers were a bit uptight at times but over all decent, super strict dress code though.

good job for teens

I got my first job at cineplex when i was 15 and it was so much fun ( mostly because of the free popcorn and fruitopia ) everyone i worked with were all so nice and then managers were always really understanding. Was easy to get time off when ever you needed. I worked at a small old cineplex but it closed down and we got moved to a cineplex junction and that’s when it went all down hill, the new managers were horrible, didn’t properly train new cast member, wouldn’t allow time off, etc.. If it wasn’t for the switch in locations and management i would still be there.

Pros

free popcorn, movies and fountain drinks

Fun place to work at.

It’s a fun place to work at, the theatres are amazing. Culture is great. Perfect place for people going on their first job. Exhausting during the weekends and especially the holidays, however it’s all worth it. Managers are amazing as well.

Pros

Free movies

Good job for a high school student

I started here when I was 15 and I absolutely loved it. I was there for five years but it would have been more if the pandemic had not happened. I had great co-workers and good managers. The only problem was management from time to time. They expect way too much from teenagers for minimum wage.

Pros

free popcorn and drinks on break, 50% off outtakes

Cons

late nights

Co-Workers are amazing, Managers are a revolving door, Cineplex doesn't invest in good employees

Management is constantly changing AND they are not on the same page- they always tell us opposite information. The GM is rude, petty and sassy, not professional. The pay is minimim wage, with tips that aren't the best. No raises unless you become a supervisor which isn't worth it, its a .75¢ increase from minimum wage (2022) and way too much work. No wage increases if your shift is past midnight, no increase for treasurers, bartenders, or if they ask you to train new hires. They ask us to do too much for too little. Cineplex surcharge VIP tickets to $26 for the extra work WE do but don't raise our wage?????

Pros

Free movies for you and one friend, Great co-workers - truly a highlight for me, 50% off food during our shifts only

Cons

Late shifts, Bad pay for too much work, Management is up and down

Such a fun workplace, super productive, fast pace at times slow at times overall very fun

I loved working at the Cineplex to me. It was my favourite place I’ve ever worked. My coworkers and management were amazing. Guests were super nice all of the time but of course you had those couple. You receive a lot of training with the popcorn machines with the butter pumps because the popcorn machines run at 500°C she receive a lot of training with how to handle that properly how to prepare the popcorn you learn how to use the P.O.S which is the point of sale or the register for those who don’t know. management was amazing I can’t say anything negative about it whatsoever. My experience working at the Cineplex was fantastic 100% would recommend to everyone.

Pros

Discounted food, and free movies on your day off

Cons

No cons

Always fun to work here

I have been working here from past 7 months and I can say that it's a good place to work for part time students and a great way to improve your communication skills as you are constantly engaged with the customers.Apart from this the managers are professional and pretty chill too.

Pros

Free movie tickets

Work is easy

Work is very relaxing and fun. If you are a VIP cast member, the tips are good too. But the management was not good at all. There are not many hours when there is no good movie.

An okay workplace, not the best

I worked at Meadow town Centre Cineplex, the management was okay, there are a few managers that are a pain in the behind to work with. I started right when they reopened after COVID-19 and it was pretty stressful. I was rushed into concession after not even a week on cleaning theatres and scanning tickets (floor). I don't mind doing the dirty jobs as i know they have to be done, all i got from doing those was 10 "points" and a pat on the back and it was completely forgotten after that. My coworkers were nice, once you get to know them better, some of them bring up petty highschooler drama but that's not the reason I quit. I got to experience almost everything in that cineplex, even training (the cast trainers aren't paid what they deserve at all, they are expected to act like managers for 25 cents more than minimum). Hardest part of my job was the customers. Complaining that it took them 15 minutes to get to me, when we're in the middle of a rush, complaining that things aren't clean right away after a rush. Getting mad at us for running out of popcorn because there was more people coming in than expected. The most enjoyable part was the coworkers I was close with, they made my job fun and was part of the reason i stayed in the job for so longOverall the reason I had to leave is because they couldn't accommodate my schedule which i understand. The manager I talked to about it was nice to me and i visit the theatre once in a while to say hi to old coworkers.

Pros

Free paper bag of popcorn

Cons

A lot expected of you for the amount of pay you get

Great First job

Everyone is kind and caring! If you ask any staff for help, they will help you. The managers are very flexible and here to help. The only annoying thing can be guest specially the teenagers. The job is very easy and fun! I would recommend making much friends as possible to enjoy your time there.

glad i don’t work here anymore

was expected to know and do things i wasn’t trained for. anytime you ask a question you are looked at like you don’t know anything. very unwelcome environment. unprofessional management. not much to say

Un autre monde

Les collègues sont sympathiques, à travers eux j'ai découvert le milieu du cinéma, les temps sont très flexible. Parfait pour travailler en tant qu'étudiant.

Good first job

This company is horrible at communicating with all levels. As an employee you will not know about special events unless social media tells you. Management expects you to give 100% on busy days, while they sit on their comfy chairs in the office on their phones/computer or stand outside watching you work. Also!! The PAY RAISE as you go up in the company is HORRIBLE!! They refuse to give employees a livable wage.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

Horrible pay

Super easy and great for students

Typical day at work is really chill, except for the fact that the arcade lights are bright and flashing. The cashier system is easy to learn and you don't have to do much. I think it is a great job for cashier experience.

It was really fun but pay was not worth the work

Cineplex was a pretty stressful job buy I actually enjoyed it a lot and I miss working there. Management was decent other then they would get mad at random things that they didn't need to get mad about and they would occasionally schedule you out of your availability. Pay was not good and I always felt like I was getting shorted every paycheck. There's not much room for advancement unless you become a manager but it's only like a 1$ raise and 10x more work than yout already underpaid for.

Management is kind and personable

I feel like the job needs to be paid more for what we do. There are three customer service channels that we have to work through - email, Instant Messaging, Calls - and you can be scheduled for one of the three on any given day. A plus is that you can trade shifts with anyone as soon as you're out of training, so they are extremely flexible there. Calls are fairly simple, but numerous, same with chats.

Really fun place to work at

I worked at Cineplex for around 7 months and can I just say that I had a great time. Every person I worked there with was so much fun and the majority of shifts did not feel boring at all. You start working in concession and floor and eventually can make your way around all the places and even become a team leader and eventually assistant manager. The shifts do get long and working during big movies can get really hectic, but personally, I like rushes over slow days because those can get bad. Also, the hours can get long and sometimes when you're closing concession, you get out at 1 or 2 am.The management is also great and really understanding. I, unfortunately, had some health issues while working and they were all so nice and gave me the time off that I needed.All in all, it's not a bad high school job and its great if you love movies (free movies) but not so great if you wanna make more money (minimum wage)

Pros

Free movies (unlimited), Free drinks and popcorn on your shift, Half off all food while working, Great environment, Fast paced (most of the time)

Cons

Long hours, Closing shifts run really long, Slow days are unbearably boring, Floor can get tiring

Great for a starting job, but not long term

It was great as a starting job, since you get cross trained and gain a lot of experience. Especially in the VIP. I would not recommend staying long; 0 raises, 0 health benefits, 0 guarantee of hours, and the culture was toxic after a while.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at cineplex. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement