CIBC Employee Reviews

Large organization with tremendous opportunities
Managing Director - Wealth Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2018
Worked with some of the most amazing people in my career. As with any large organization you need to work hard but smart to show what you are capable of doing.
good culture
Caribbean Delivery Program Manager (Current Employee) –  bay street, toronto27 March 2018
Upper management are very easy to work with, open door policy. Not too much pressure from above which makes working there stress free. Still required to deliver but without all of the executive downward pressure
Commercial Bank
Manager, Shareholder Loan Programs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
This is comment on the commercial bank in 2006: they were making good steps to becoming a more sophisticated lender and were doing a good job integrating the mid market Investment Banking Group.
Great people to work with
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
CIBC has a fantastic culture and the people are easy to work with. I enjoyed my experience working as an associate in commercial banking. There was tremendous support from co-workers, superiors and colleagues.
Fun place to build a career in the financial industry
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 March 2018
CIBC is a good place to build a career in the financial industry. When i moved into Canada in 2010 without an Banking or sales experience, the hired me and its been 8 years and going.
Excellent Place to Learn and Develop Skills
FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 March 2018
A good place for individuals to develop skills and to learn. Work culture is great and there are always people willing to assist new hires. Recommended for those who are trying to enter the Financial Industry
A great place to gain experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
Fun place to work at. Very nice and educated people. I learned that different cultures is valued in this organization. I also learned that client's satisfaction is one of the most priority.
An established company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 March 2018
CIBC is a great company to work for if you are stress-resistant and a good seller. It is a very competitive environment. You have help but you must be able to sell and be good in this.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High pressure to sell
management decisions
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON22 March 2018
management decisions over the last 10 years made it very tough to work in the investment sector. spend too much time defending the corporate decisions.
typical day
Dir - Finance Controller Retail Products Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
check emails in the morning before leave for work. review once into the office, start day addressing issues and then work on deliverables. check in with team if any issues. schedule meetings with client and team.
Pros
team, client
Cons
mgmt
Great team building and team support
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 March 2018
Great way to learn how to deal with customer complaint and issues. I learn how to offload my stress and learn how to be patient with transaction and working with challenging colleague.
Pros
free pizza every Friday
Cons
Long working hours
Hypocritical management and its not talent which counts
Sr. Quality Assurance analyst (Former Employee) –  North York, ON21 March 2018
Your typical day starts with you facing the computer which is facing a wall. This is so that the manager can watch you, but you cannot see who is watching you. All your co-workers have their back turned to you. Its okay for the favourites(?) to chat with whoever for hours together but the not so fortunate ones are not to interact with each other or look away from the computer. The management decide who are to be friends with whom. The hardest part of the job is that you are not given any relevant training or the documentation is not given to you.
Pros
Pizza and bagels at meetings!!!
Cons
Constantly being watched like a criminal
I enjoyed working for the bank for I like helping clients
CSR Customer Service Reprehensive (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 March 2018
I dealt with customers help them with there banking and answered any questions they had or any thing they were concerned about. I also like to help clients with there money and helping them save and help them with there investments. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I am a huge team player if ever they needed me to work on days I was not shedualed for I never said no. I am a person that also looks out side the box and will go the extra to help clients and co-workers
Pros
sales tagets were always very high
Cons
I don't like working nights or weekends
Great work place
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2018
Employee friendly organisation.
Fun to work.
Employees are regarded as asset for the organisation. Very understanding manager.
Recommended as an employee
Great work place with amazing crowd.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  666 Burnhamthorpe, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9C2Z415 March 2018
It is a wonderful place to work at, the manager is very efficient with a very experienced team. Everybody is very kind and taking care of each other. It is the best workplace environment one can have.
Pros
A very beautiful branch.
Cons
Can get boring when its not busy
Strict but fun environment
Closing Solutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2018
CIBC was a very enjoyable place to work eventhough it was an extremely rigid environment. I got along with all my colleagues and built life long friendships with them.

The work was fairly overwhelming at first, seeing as it was my first job in the financial sector. However, overtime I learned and enhanced my skills and was eventually able to become very proficient in my job, which was to act as a Closing Solutions Aid.
Pros
Free Icecream
Cons
Weird Hourse
Change, no structure
General Manager-Derry and Thompson Branch (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON15 March 2018
due to change, employee needs are ignored, some districts have employee shortages, and bank is working on ad hock basis.
CEO has good ideas but does not have team to implement them properly.
Pros
online banking is good
Cons
retail customer service is going down
CIBC is Very good Company to work.
Business Analyst | Treasury-Risk Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2018
CIBC is Very good Company to work.
The work culture is very good and everyone enjoys the work.

The salary iand benefits are also very good.
The working timings are flexible.
Many many things to learn and the motivated teams.
CIBC has Good infrastructure, building facilities
CIBC has Good processes and documentations to read and learn
CIBC Celebrates all multicultural festivals which motivates the team
Great Place for growth
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2018
If you are putting 100% you get 100 % back from the Bank. Great place to work with growth oppurtunities. In 3 years been promoted twice speaks volumes,
Good
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile11 March 2018
CIBC is a nice place to work at. I enjoy every moment working at such great bank! I have learned a lot through my work at CIBC. It strives to make better and better.