CIBC Employee Reviews

Good
Mortgage Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mobile11 March 2018
CIBC is a nice place to work at. I enjoy every moment working at such great bank! I have learned a lot through my work at CIBC. It strives to make better and better.
easy work data encoding
encoder clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2018
worked as a data encoder, easy job, time went by fast. I remember I didn't particularly like the management but not sure why at this time. Diverse work culture
Pros
easy work
Incapable managers
Incident Response Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
too much work for less.Also, too much micro managed.
The management doesn't always tell the truth and they can lure the careless into a false promise of a FT opportunity that is not there.
Very poorly managed
FINANCIAL SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 March 2018
Management was awful, inappropriate and intimidating. There were perks, but the pressure to sell was overbearing. Team Leaders we’re unorganized and unreliable.
Benefits
Very good to me
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
CIBC was very good to me. Multiple roles in my time and each one I learned something new and met great people. Would work with/for them again if the opportunity presented itself.
Active workplace with room for growth
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
All immediate managers in my experience were very helpful with he role and ensured that if I did not understand a concept, it would be worked upon. Staff was also very helpful and a great overall flow of teamwork. If one department was stuck with an issue, the whole branch would assist in their respective roles.
Good Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 March 2018
The General Manager position was a very rewarding position as you were like the CEO of your own company. You were a jack of all trades and a real leader in the community. You became an expert in many fields from sales leader, sales management, administration to HR specialist. The best part of the job were some of the people you partnered with and coached to achieve results. The hardest part of the job was balancing the right amount of time to get it all done.
Great work life balance at a leading global financial institution
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 March 2018
Top reputable financial institution in Canada. Great work/life balance, though opportunity for advancement may be limited without numerous certifications.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Career advancement in some cases
Great
Sr. Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
It is great experience to be part of the CIBC. They have great culture and environment to work. they are using all the latest Hadoop technologies and building ingestion lake.
Excellent place to work
Business Consultant & Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
Top5 FI striving to be number 1. Exciting opportunities and great ambiance to work. Highly enthusiastic executives who are great in motivating and engaging the employees
Its an excellant plact to work
Advisory Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
One could definitely balance work and personal life here.
Good Benefits, Work perks,
Management is very transparent.
Has variety of projects to learn more about.
Good to work
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 March 2018
Immense learning
multitasking
The company is really good to work.A little bit of pressure but the learning curve for your career growth is good.you learn different products
Hard working and quick learning
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
I love a learning environment to improve, advance and challenge myself continuously so that I can perform my work to the best quality and I will eventually take a responsibility.
Collection
National Collections (Recovery) Credit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 March 2018
Learn a lot about finances and credit
Call center, have decent schedule. Good benefits with sun life. With great plan .good salary this company provides good amount of bonus depends of your performance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very robotic job
Highly toxic corporate leadership.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
This organization is exceptionally politically driven with stagnating processes up the wazoo. It is a very disingenuous culture. Incompetent leadership are placed into roles where they have no prior experience - for instance, an SVP of Marketing with no prior exposure to marketing. The executive leadership is not concerned with doing the right thing for what customers want. Instead, senior leadership is focused on providing what they think the EVP, CEO, etc. want, even if it is nonsensical. Though it is not easy to find the cookie crumb trail, this is an organization of continual terminations and restructuring. Out of the Big Five Canadian Banks, CIBC is known on the street as having the worst culture.
Overall culture can be improved
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Work Life balance is not great. Salary compared to other Banks and organizations is on the low side. Training is not always provided, due to the perpetual budget constraints. Advancement is not always done on merit, but often on who you know & are connected to.
Great management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Fun place, great people. Very supporting environment. Work is interesting. Work life balance can be an issue at times. Compensation is on the low side.
Fun Work Place
FSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Great place to work, Great culture, you work independently. Much accommodation is given to employees to enable them to be fit for work always . Nice co workers
Good potential for growth
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 February 2018
reputable company. good benefits. More tasks added for same job. Job titles change often but not the pay
Staff turnover is very high
Flexibility in the shift eg can start early as 7 am or 9am
Focus is on Sales
Pros
flexibility with shift
Cons
stressful
work environment was old and dated
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 February 2018
I worked here for many years and went through many managers. The majority of them were awesome and very helpful, until the last one who is the reason that I decided to retire. He was very demanding and not the least bit helpful or supportive. With many changes in the organization over the years which were expected of me, I believe that the manager should have had a lot more knowledge than he did, not just the ability to delegate. It was mostly an enjoyable position with the other staff members support, but staff morale is important and the manager is responsible for keeping the team happy! Not happening here!
Pros
Monday to Friday Days
Cons
no manager support