CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,109 reviews matching the search
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Very proud to work for CIBC. An excellent tone from the top and care for employees, that passes all endurance tests during crises. Continuous encouragements and support from management in involvement in bank's activities, volunteering and personal development.
Pros
Culture, stability, diversity, package
Once you are working here at the contact centres and try to get out of contact centre job within the same bank it is almost impossible they will either put you in different department call centre or you stay in your position for years even though you are excelling in your role. So unless you want to be stuck on the phones forever this isn’t a really good career path to take
Amazing bank to work with. Many opportunities for growth. Happy workplace. Good base salary. Great salary/ commission incentives. Good year end bonus. Relaxed, supportive and inclusive environment. Great management and senior management.
Pros
growth, great salary incentives, happy environment
Cons
Due to the low hourly pay for CSR's, they can not maintain employees in this position. As well they do not often have full time positions forcing their staff to take other part time work. The benefits, however, are very good, regardless if you are full or part time.
Pros
Advancement if you want to train for the positions
Cons
very poor pay, not a living wage for British Columbia
Nice Company to work, friendly work environment and great teams to work with. Being part of Release and DevOps projects was great experience never can get anywhere
great place to get your foot in the door, great place for growth opportunities with the company and a lot of networking opportunities are available as well
Pros
amazing cafe
Cons
cafe hours
Getting workplace bully everyday from teller manager, and branch manager protect manager without doing anything. Teller manager always say shiiit to staffs and ignore their contributions. Mandatory donations $100 for each staff as manager want to win the most contribution made branch. Manager will ask why you so stupid when you ask a question. Good staffs leaving everyday
Pros
Cons
Terrible manager, workplace bully, HR can’t do anything
Worked at Winnipeg branch. The retail VP BM is a completely useless. Some managers have no clue of what they are doing, because they don't have financial was educational background.
Pros
New ceo is great
Cons
They need to get rid off VP IN CENTEAL CANANDA
Micro management is the way of life. Constant shaming during meetings. Very unhealthy competition causing increased politics in the work environment. Pushing for and forcing sales and it's all about the numbers. Zero work life balance as the management will suck the life out of you and will make you even work when on vacation. Overall it's a terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
Everything. Good employees quit everyday because of bad management and bad work culture
I like to work at CIBC. I have been there for almost a year working as a project manager. I do enjoy what I am doing. i have built a strong working relation with my management and all my peers
High paced very sales oriented roles can be stressful if not managed and handled properly. Very sensitive situations can happen from smallest lf things.
As per the summary, typical day at work, got in and was greeted with a friendly smile and everyone saying good morning. Start with posting entries and getting ready for the bank to open. I have learned various services such as foreign currencies,product the bank provides and mainly the customers comes first with providing them with all the help they required with a smile. Management was approachable, it was fast paced but enjoyable workplace with helpful co-workers. I don't feel the job was hard once you have the proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and my co-workers.
Pros
back in the 80's it was easy to get a job at the bank - good benefits
Cons
now you need degrees and still get trained to be a teller - getting promoted
I have worked for CIBC for almost 1 year as a QA Analyst. The Manager who I worked with was a very nice person, very supportive, encouraging, enthusiastic, and most importantly a great mentor. I had the privilege of working with her for almost 1 year. After she passed away, I had to search for another opportunity because there are no others who'd provide a better care as she did except for a couple. Sometime later, I have applied for several positions at CIBC and didn't hear back from them even a single time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Un-biased management, Do not care even if the candidate has worked from them previously in the past
CIBC a pathetic place to work. The management is totally corrupt. Don’t know the business ethics. Always tries to focus on sale. On the name of retirement planning, CIBC is selling it’s products making fool out of people.
Pros
Cons
Worst place to work with
New management being brought in from mostly TD is absolutely horrible. i would not recommend CIBC as an employer. It is bottom of the the "Big 5" for a reason. Career advancement is based on everything EXCEPT performance.
Training is pathetic. Team leader is just there to sit and warm chairs, they say they are there to support however in reality they stress you to a level that you will happily quit the job. I worked as a customer service representative in regina, some of the team support leaders tortured me to an extent that I could not sleep at night. I informed the management and they removed that team leader and shifted him to sales however this did not ended, the friends of that particular team support leader started to take revenge. There was a time where a team support leader was asking me how did you got this job? what did you learn in your training? Things were so bad that I would just cry for hours. They will be really nice in fornt of Manager or higher level of management staff, Management should understand this and start taking feedbacks of Team leaders and team support leaders from newly hired employees. I had really bad time working there. The job is not rocket science, you will get it however the people around you would make it worst for you.
Pros
pay
Cons
Best part about working here is work life balance. One gets enough time to work at a task. There is also a lot of freedom given in managing your own work.also you get to do a variety of work. System and processes can be upgraded to current standards.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Outdated process
was a great place to work until some management chances. Then the micromanagement started and has become a bit of a stressful place to be at. Other than that not to bad.
Loved working with cibc they are very personable and hold great relationships with there clientele. I would recommend cibc for anybody looking for work in a bank
I gained knowledge of bank drafts, etransfers safety deposit boxes resulting in understanding as a personal customer as well as the business aspect. The workplace culture is a positive experience as is management, generally. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing deeper relationships with my team during the COVID hours.
  1. Employee reviews