CIBC Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Branch Assistant, I provide (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 April 2018
I have been with CIBC for several years and I like the Corporate culture. Good opportunities for advancement and nice place to work with good benefits.
Responsiblilites
Assistant Branch Manager (acting) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 April 2018
Assistant branch Manager quit, so I picked up the responsibilities of the assistant branch manager without the pay increase.

The work is good, they just need to fill the roles properly or compensate the individual doing the work.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  King City, ON18 April 2018
If the management is not all there, the work becomes very stressful and demotivating. Especially if the senior general manager has been working there for 20+ years and still doesn't know how to perform simple transactions.
A workday at CIBC
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2018
The compensate rate was not comparable to other Financial Institution. Management was not very supported and no training was provided as stated when hired
The people make the difference
Regional Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Head Office/Home Based Office17 April 2018
The typical work day included following deadline schedules, conference calls, providing support to managers and employees, preparing reports, providing learning materials to new hires and arranging meetings and travel arrangements when needed. I loved learned how to prioritize and multitask since every day brought a new task and challenge. The management team was a pleasure to work with.
cibc fsr
Branch Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
one of the worst sales jobs someone can have. way too much micro management. the pay is horrible for what you have to do. good place to gain experience and it's kind of nice working somewhere that sucks so much, the next place seems just that much better lol.
Great
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Great vision and values, great people to work with. Great job security. Made a lot of friends and created a lot of great memories. Lots of extracurricular and volunteer opportunities.
good
Project Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
celebree is a very.nice company to work for. Management is nice and helpful as well as my coworkers. I have enjoyed working at cibcfor the short time I have been there. Pros. fun place to work. Was this review helpful?
Productive and fun place to work at
Retail Mortgage Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 April 2018
Workplace culture is great! Get to meet a lot of new people and learn Cibc work culture. A typical day at work would be processing client documents in to the system.
Good opportunities, experience and work-life balance. Improvement needed on workplace culture and management.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Good opportunities and chances to move within the bank after being in the same role for 2+ years. Solid work experience and work-life balance.

Improvement needed on workplace culture and senior management.
It was okay, but I would god refer someone
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 April 2018
To be honest great company to work for as the pay is modest(not competitive) depending on your role and the benefits are decent (only 80% max). Working at a branch as an FSR the job and responsibility are definitely not worth the pay.

You could end up opening the branch, accounting for tellers, prep for 5-7 meetings a day, find your own leads, schedule your own appointments, close the deals and complete hundreds of documents in between. It’s a lot of work load to manage especially when the software applications are a mess. Commission pay is low.

Unfortunately most managers have little macro/micro economic understandings or sales experience. Almost branched are understaffed.

Training needs to occur off site. The virtual training program doesn’t enforce hands on learning, nor hold management accountable for a new hires progress. It’s a poorly designed practice. Needs restructuring.

Depending as where your branch is located it can either technological suck or it’s awesome. The more north you go the less budget the copy puts forward to resign it. Sadly.
Pros
Learning, benefits, job security
Cons
Understaffed, low pay, work load
Great Company to work with
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2018
Great company to work with.
Good working culture.
Great diversity
Good benefits

My team members are very cooperative.
Flexible with vacation days.

I shall certainly recommend CIBC to anyone.
call centre
Credit Card Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
Typical call centre environment
Management were not the greatest and the staff was not treated the greatest.
I was very happy to leave but a good starter job to make me appreciate every other company
CIBC provided an average work setting.
Commissioned Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2018
Although my position was a Mortgage Advisor was a commissioned position. CIBC like the other 4 big banks rates average,

Although my office was at my home, I located myself in the branch on the weekends I did get to know the staff quite well and they referred clients to me.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 April 2018
Worked in a larger branch which was always busy and had a fast paced work environment. Although typical work day was mainly routine activities, dealing with different clients really made each day different.
A great place that allows you to exceed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tower Hill Branch11 April 2018
Enjoy training and managing employees Great possibilities for moving up in the organization Always rewarded for the hard work and dedication
I had the opportunity to open three new branches in our district successfully Always ensured that the team was working in a safe environment As a senior manager I also did a lot of charity work One of my accomplishments was volunteering as a district organizer for the York Region Run for the Cure one of CIBCs many charities
Pros
Managers and employees always recognized for the hard work
Cons
Worked long hours and never stayed at the same location for more than 3 years
Very knowledgeable workplace
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 April 2018
Very supporting managers always talking about your growth. Learnt a lot there and grew as a person. Learnt exceptional client experience and applied it in day to day activities that worked very well for me to achieve company goals.
Pros
free time off from phone
Cons
sometime all 8 hours only calls.
Good and a fun working place.
Fraud Response Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2018
Clean and a safe working environment. Management and staff are always pushing us to grow and help us get there in the right direction.
Lots of help is provided when needed and everyone works here as a team player.
Good place to build a career
Manager Recovery Support & Portfolio Management (Former Employee) –  Dufferin & Lawrence10 April 2018
CIBC is a good place to build a career in finance and customer service. CIBC is an equal opportunities employer who provides a continuous learning environment and is a leader in community service. The departments I worked in took pride in being the "best in class" in customer service and retention which made it a very positive environment to work in. I would highly recommend CIBC as a great place to work.
Great Place to Work.
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 April 2018
Great Place to Work, Good Benefits, High Targets and a busy day. Management very Helpful, Great place to learning banking and build a career, workplace culture is excellent.