CIBC
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

CIBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,109 reviews matching the search
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Good job, nice work environment. Nice work life balance. Never take the job home with you. Lots of pressure to sell products to people even if they don’t need them.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Cons
Sales pressure and low pay when I was there
Good Work Culture. enjoyed working in different teams, Good Management support. Great flexible work envionment. Sometime I fill over stressed due to overwork. Over all loved working with CIBC
Pros
Flexible work envionment
Nice place to work at if you want an office type of job, but the management isn’t as good as how i expected them to be. Also, they dont give as much importance to employees who are hired thru agencies and kinda treat us as disposable, so this made me regret so much about my decisions of working for this company.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Spontaneous extending of hours
I worked at a very good company before starting there and it was very different.All jobs treat you like numbers but there it's the worse and you get fired very quickly or people leave very fast.
Very limited hours given and will not educate employees to work their way up to new positions. Very hard to provide for a family on 20 hours per week.
nice workplace. little bit overwhelmed during the begining and the end of the month. overall a nice place to work at. Managers are very nice people. had great times.
Les employés ne se soutiennent pas ou le font entre canadiens, pas avec les immigrants.
Pros
training
Cons
mauvais climat de travail
It is important that your manager likes you. If management does not want you to succeed, you will fail. A lot of complains from clients about shortage of tellers and about high turnover of Financial Service Representatives. Overtime is not paid but you have to come to work early and leave later to do paperwork
Pros
Good benefits, employee sharing plan, experience
Cons
Overtime not paid, big push for sales, cold calls, difficult to get a personal day even if you are sick
I personally enjoyed working here. The company culture is decent. The training is lengthy, and you better pay attention to the products if you want to do well on the floor. Learn about interest rates and you'll be fine bc that will be a daily question from Cxs. One thing I don't miss is being yelled at/belittled on the phone and having to take it (unless they call you a derogatory name you must stay connected). If you don't have thick skin, this job is not for you!
Pros
Great benefits, Their training is on point, Team Leads are helpful, Not a toxic environment, Free lunches some nights.
Cons
The push for quotas brings on daily pressure, There's competition to advance, Small room for error (it's a bank!), Parking is unavailable, You have to go on a long waiting list that goes by seniority to get a parking spot
For any full timers or manpower contingent workers avoid working at 305 Milner 5th floor Records client service. This specific lady who Is in charge of the team has no knowledge of anything and abuses manpower contingent workers to protect her favourites. Surprised that Cibc as a company has not taken any action to investigate on this lady and surprisingly the president and the director of the team have not notice anything as they are always working downtown. Any manpower contingent workers who get assigned to work for this team I suggest to avoid as there is no growth and no opportunity and this manager takes people’s credit and not give them anything in return.
Pros
Cons
Abusive manager
Just do your job. People around are good. Flexibility at work and place to grow. Pay rates are competitive. Good perks. Proximity to public transport etc etc.
To keep things short and to the point it was a pretty good experience working there. I learned a lot of things and met great people however the way it ended wasn't based on my performance. Just on the one sided view of a person higher ranking (Director) than myself which cut things just shy of a two year contract. Overall it was good and there is nothing negative to take away just minus that one indiscretion of a bias nature.
Poor management, Politics, Stressfull, No Motivation, No Personal growth, No proper role assignment, No planning. Very unpleasant experience faced with people managers.
if you need fast cash and not planing to take on a long term job this is for you, the job is very demanding and you don’t get recognized enough, they undermine your stress and make you feel bad if you don’t meet up all the statistics which are insane if you still have to provide excellent customer service. I think they should review their management and change their vision from sales oriented to customer satisfaction oriented .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very demanding, a lot of sales and statistics to follow and reach, no hard bonuses and management isn’t care oriented
CSR jobs are all quickly becoming part time 10-18hrs/wk...being replaced by digital options. Computer systems up and down all the time makes doing job hard and effects customer experience. Large part of a shift is spent reporting digital theft/fraud. Customers can be demanding and rude. No support from management, they don’t really see clients anymore either unless there is a huge problem.
Benefits
Cons
Pay/ management
I have been working at CIBC for 2 years now and i’m yet to find a single person who is happy working for this financial institution, except the managers who i’m sure are the only ones who get paid fairly and don’t get treated badly like the rest of us. I am a Senior CSR and was promised by my managers that i would be promoted to an FSR role once a position in the branch is available within a month. Its now been 2 months, the position is available but the manager just stopped talking to me about it and refuses to hire anyone at all. They lose atleast one teller every month but refuse to hire anymore and keep blaming each other for that. If you work at CIBC you’ll hear the term “Hiring freeze” a lot which is their excuse for never hiring frontline staff. The biggest CIBC branches run with with 1 or max 2 tellers during the day and these poor tellers get nothing more than $16/hr. If in case they start hiring, they hire the worst people who don’t speak english at all. I’m not sure how they communicate during interviews. This is the worst bank in every aspect. Save yourself the trouble and find a job at another bank.
Cons
Very low salary, bad work environment, low & incompetent staff, unhelpful managers.
Run, Run and run. Don’t ever join this company. Full of politics and red tape. Culture is really bad and people are apparently friendly but full of back-stabber.
Pros
Big organization
Cons
Stressful job
Great Platform to experience your knowledge and skills . Branch hours are long . The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet with new client everyday .
Small and traditional bank, hard to advance careers. I've mostly had pleasant personal interactions management people but it's very group-dependent (just like any other work place). Turn over rate is high due to relatively low salary.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
hard to get promoted
Wages are descent in the upper level but the front line staff, first face to face with customers and the referral of potential business staff should be given more training, respected and valued more and definitely paid more.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
stressful and competitive environment
  1. Employee reviews