CIBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Productive and results oriented
FACILITIES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Great workplace that treats its' staff well. Results oriented with good management and great benefits. People oriented with a great leaning program online.
Pros
Health Benefits
desk job
Fraud Loss Prevention Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
during my days at CIBC i remember that the management was helpful and supportive. We had training for any programs that were rolled out. The downside to this job was the rotating shifts and the long hours on the phone with disgruntled customers, because they couldn't use their card or that there was charges on their account.
Pros
decent benefits and pension
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours on the phone.
Financial Services Representative
Senior Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
I would say I've learnt a lot working for CIBC and I've worked with some fantastic people but the overall experience for working for this bank would be something I would want to progress from. The retail management and sales culture is not encouraging and I feel like the amount of work that is put in for this position really does not justify the salary that is paid. I've come from previous positions in management and I can't imagine becoming a manager with this bank.
Pros
Colleagues & clients
Cons
Too many things to do, mentally exhausting, too fouces on sales
Avoid it at any price
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 September 2018
Don't be surprised if you have an offer letter then suddenly they decide to not hire you;
The worst salary comparing to other banks;
The worst people to deal with;
Zero professionalism.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Work is fun and dynamic
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2018
Working for CIBC has been a real pleasure. The work I did was dynamic, and I learned a great deal about retail banking, all retail credit products including mortgages, I learned retail banking industry laws and regulations.

The work place culture was great, we had competitions, challenges, food, drinks, and end-of-year dinner, and fun activities outside of work.

The hardest part I would say would be working in a fast paced environment, although you get used to that quite quickly.

The fun part in my day-to-day would be my colleagues, they were young, interesting, helpful, candid, and from all backgrounds.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, fun activities
Cons
Weekend Shifts
Advancement opportunity
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 September 2018
CIBC has been moved to Toronto. Salary is too low. Management was not helpful to find job for employee .It's unionized but benefit is good.I tried to apply at the branch but the management was not very helpful to assist employee in finding job across CIBC
Pros
Gym
Cons
No assistance in finding a job when company moved to toronto
Career potential
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC8 September 2018
Great culture, benefits, and team orientation. High paced sales environment though, and only the strong will survive. Weekly targets are high and strict, and coupled the admin duties it will be stresstul to hit them. The wage is low, but you are working for a career, not a high salary at lower levels. The work required to advance will leave you stressed and tired.
Pros
Benefits, culture, hours
Cons
High sales targets, lots of asks
Micromanaging & disorganized
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada4 September 2018
Not much freedom to work on your own - too much nagging and control. No scope for growth. Disorganized team. Salary was minimum wage even for Bachelors and Masters degree holders.
It was really good. Managers were very nicce
Customer Service Representative, Retail Banking (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2018
Managers were very nice. Had good training. Worked in Elvedan Centre. The wage was not very competitive. Hours were very god. All coworkers were helpful and friendly.
I dont recommend it
FSR (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 September 2018
The good:

The pay is great (for me at least), the benefits are amazing, the hours are comfortable (if you're willing to work weekends).

The bad:

The work load is terrible, most of the time you feel like you're baby sitting the elderly and foreigners whom have no idea on how the banking system in Canada works and so many time you spend a good chunk of time explaining the most basic of banking to grown adults, and at the end of it all, you get penalized for long talk time on the phone although you're just trying to do your job.
You get micro managed to death. You will get rewarded with meaningless papers and cards for good work, and to me it feels demeaning and insulting, it's like getting a gold star in preschool for doing great at nap time.
There's promises of gift cards, but good luck getting any, you'll be competing with everyone on the floor for 1 or 2 gift cards and at the end of the day CIBC comes out the winner.
Pros
Good money, benefits and titles.
Cons
everything else.
Great Place to work
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC31 August 2018
A great place to start you career while entering the banking industry. Have had the opportunity to be a part of a strong and extremely supportive team.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great place to start working
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
everyone gets excited to work at a bank, because hey its a bank but it really isnt amazing except perhaps the benefits but thats it. youll something get an amazing boss and sometimes a really terrible one.
Pros
staffs friendly
Cons
hard to move around
Overworked and not always compensation
Branch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
Great employer but the standards that are set in the financial industry can sometimes be unrealistic. While the benefits that are provided are great the amount of work that is required of myself and my pay do not reflect this.
Call Center
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2018
It's a call center environment that places a lot of focus on how much time you spend on the phone as well as how long you take on a call. Managers need a refresher on taking calls to keep them fresh on information. Managers should be promoted according to experience not on seniority.
Benefits
Cons
no face to face customer contact
It was ok
Mobile Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 August 2018
The leads that we were given were very weak considering it was a job that was 100% commission. The job was nothing like the way they had presented it.
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
no base salary
Decent place to work
Mortgage processing officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 August 2018
People were pretty friendly but I felt it was a bit difficult to advance there. I was nice that there were different cultures and background of people so it made it interesting. Work hours and life were pretty flexible at first but they eventually got stricter and was not lenient after my last year there at CIBC. If you like banking and sitting at a desk all day it is a decent place to work otherwise I don't really recommend this place to everyone.
Pros
pretty good benefits
Cons
People you work with can be miserable
sales
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc, Canada15 August 2018
this is a sales position - financial advising in a bank. Sales targets are unrealistic and management expects very long hours from employees. Benefits are great and salary is good.
benefits
Cons
sales targets too high
Small Canadian Bank that Treats you Decently
Liquidity Management - Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
The smallest and most laid-back of Canada'a five major banks. Pay is decent for the amount of work expected if you are in a level six to eight position.
Not the best workplace I've been
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2018
No flexibility, low salary range, low morale, no recognitions.
No team events. Spent almost 7 years and great to be where I am now - 5 years ago later.
Productive and fast paced.
Payment Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
CIBC work life is fast paced, develops your independent and teamwork skills, also provides benefits for employees. I would say CIBC is the perfect place for newcomers and graduates to get situated with corporate work and expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.