CIBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Good place to work with room for advancement
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 May 2018
Good job, professional atmosphere. I would recommend CIBC to someone who is seeking employment in a financial industry. Good compensation, Annual Bonuses, good Benefits.
Wonderful Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 May 2018
I was blessed to have an opportunity to work in a financial institution as a 19 year old and grateful that CIBC gave me an opportunity to start my professional career.
Pros
Cons
Lack of progression, salary
Financial Advisor Business (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Only bank understand small business and their requirements.
Great benefits and manager support.
Lot of fun if you prefer to participate actively.
Great experience
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very hard to achieve targets
Business Loans and Security/Loan documents Audit
Commercial Security Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2018
My job was auditing Business Loan documents, noting irregularities, authorizing the funding of loans, registering loan documents at Alberta and other Provinces Registry Offices, Bank of Canada and Land Titles office. Learned about loan documents in details, Bank products, Registry offices requirements and correctly completing loan documents. Learned to deal with people outside the Bank, be professional, efficient, knowledgeable, Customer Service and fast. Adjusted very well to the turnover of Account Managers, Management and client portfolios. Hard part of the job was to be very alert and thorough checking of loans documents before authorizing for the drawdown of loan. Enjoyable part of the job was working with co-workers and environment.
Pros
Lot of learning curve in Banking and benefit was great
Cons
Nothing except for salary.
Great team to work with
Senior Credit Counselor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2018
great team and management, the team is always willing to give help and the management is always willing to assist when needed in any situation. great benefits
call center
high pressure environment
no autonomy
good benefits
good compensation
Pros
good compensation
Cons
shift work
Great Place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 May 2018
Great place to work! work life balance!
Management is Good. Very client centric.
Treats employees fairly.very good benefits.
very clear about process.
keeps employees motivated.
innovative campaigns
Great work/life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
Great work/life balance in the corporate office, and mobile workplace has been applied which give employee more options. Salary is relative lower than peer TOP 5 banks
Fun Volunteering experience
Volunteering History (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2018
I enjoyed volunteering for CIBC as it was fun and got my volunteering hours for high school completed easily. It was an experience that I learned a lot from and would recommend it to those looking for volunteer hours.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
was there too short of a time to adequately review
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2018
only with cibc intria for a short period of tome, too short to adequately review although the staff were friendly and the work environment good. unfortunate the program did not take off
I worked for Cibc for four years
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  High River, AB23 April 2018
I would give caution to anyone thinking of working in the banking industry as I was part of the management team you are paid salary and not paid any extra for staying late and helping others balance there tills or anything that upper management requires of you. many people working in the banking industry are stuck feeling unhappy and unfulfilled. As far as the pay goes it was decent but not at all worth the stress. the most enjoyable part of the job was my ability to move forward within the company. this is a face paced industry if you cannot keep up you will be left behind. working for Cibc has taught me many things and helped me move on and change my career completely, I would never go back and change anything.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2018
Good organization to work with, Good working culture new comers are always warmly welcomed and gets all the support to learn the work. The salary and total compensation package is not attractive, so most of the new immigrants and people with the intention of career change uses this as stepping stone.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Less attractive compensation package
Productive workplace
Branch Assistant, I provide (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 April 2018
I have been with CIBC for several years and I like the Corporate culture. Good opportunities for advancement and nice place to work with good benefits.
It was okay, but I would god refer someone
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 April 2018
To be honest great company to work for as the pay is modest(not competitive) depending on your role and the benefits are decent (only 80% max). Working at a branch as an FSR the job and responsibility are definitely not worth the pay.

You could end up opening the branch, accounting for tellers, prep for 5-7 meetings a day, find your own leads, schedule your own appointments, close the deals and complete hundreds of documents in between. It’s a lot of work load to manage especially when the software applications are a mess. Commission pay is low.

Unfortunately most managers have little macro/micro economic understandings or sales experience. Almost branched are understaffed.

Training needs to occur off site. The virtual training program doesn’t enforce hands on learning, nor hold management accountable for a new hires progress. It’s a poorly designed practice. Needs restructuring.

Depending as where your branch is located it can either technological suck or it’s awesome. The more north you go the less budget the copy puts forward to resign it. Sadly.
Pros
Learning, benefits, job security
Cons
Understaffed, low pay, work load
Great Company to work with
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 April 2018
Great company to work with.
Good working culture.
Great diversity
Good benefits

My team members are very cooperative.
Flexible with vacation days.

I shall certainly recommend CIBC to anyone.
Great Place to Work.
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 April 2018
Great Place to Work, Good Benefits, High Targets and a busy day. Management very Helpful, Great place to learning banking and build a career, workplace culture is excellent.
good teammates to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
good teammates to work with, understanding, caring
diversified
good scheduling
shifts aren't too long
good amount of holidays
very bright and positive atmosphere
Fantastic Place to Work
Head Bank Teller (Customer Service Representative) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BM2 April 2018
I have worked at CIBC for a number of years.

They offer great benefits and employee incentives.
I have been very lucky to have several great managers within CIBC who were willing to help progress my career.
Pros
Excellent Benefit Package
Cons
Limited work hours
Totally Depends on your Manager
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 April 2018
CIBC is a best company with good benefits and Okey pay. But the bottom line is you work place and people you are dealing with everyday makes the experience good or bad. Mine is good so far !!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Sales Targets
An established company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 March 2018
CIBC is a great company to work for if you are stress-resistant and a good seller. It is a very competitive environment. You have help but you must be able to sell and be good in this.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High pressure to sell