CIBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Last Place Bank for a reason,
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC5 February 2018
I would never recommend CIBC going forward to any clients. Please see the pro's and con's section and the following Q and A for a full rebuttle of my time there.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, MLGIC selection is strong
Cons
Worst software that I have ever used, Help desk support is the industry worst, Mutual Fund returns this year have been embarrassingly low, Awful management that has no idea what is is doing, The training program is embarrassingly bad
Good place to start your career in the Finance/management/sales industry.
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Smithers, BC1 February 2018
Nice company, ample growth opportunities, supportive bosses. Good place to start your career and advance through the ranks or even get some decent exposure to the industry before moving on to other positions within or outside the company.
Pros
Good starter salary
Cons
Lack of flexibility in work role
Productive and fun place
QA Lead - Performance Testing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
Always support multi culture people. Help and train you exceptionally well. Good organization to work for. salary structure is low but job is safe in CIBC.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
low salary
Horrible work experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB20 January 2018
The worst bank to work for. Absolutely hated working here. Management was horrible. All they care about is how many units you get whether it means that if we are helping the client or not.
Cons
Bad management, bad compensation.
low pay
Manager of Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2018
not paid enough for amount of work you have to do. management is not experienced enough. they put people who are not experienced enough, into roles they shouldn't be in. short staffed most of the time.
my experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
working for CIBC is one of the most tedious jobs i have ever had in my life. their systems are so behind in the times that it hard functions properly. the pay is terrible for a bank position. the management micromanages you. and they over work you after setting a work hour expectations.
Cibc
Easy to move around
pay increase each year
lots of other incentives
support from management
Not looking to rate past employers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 January 2018
Not looking to rate past employers, worked there a very long time ago. there fore not looking to rate this employer. You should have an opt out button on this.
Well
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Fulfilling job. long days late nights but well worth the benefits of doing something you love. Nice staff and management team. I will miss this position
Not applicable
PERSONAL BANKING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  CA2 January 2018
lexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
Competitive salary and banking benefits
Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
Alot of Overtime without pay
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Workload is a lot compare to a low salary.
A good entry level job to gain some solid experience.
Management is terrible.

ghfhgfghfhgffghfhfghfghfgfgh
Pros
free Banking
Cons
Overtime without pay
Good Place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 December 2017
Great place for New immigrant. They provide lots of training and support to improve work. Friendly environment. Managers are supportive. Medical benefits
Pros
Birthdays
Cons
Need managers to see overall wellbeing
Fun workplace that allowed me some experience
Intermediate Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2017
I believe that at CIBC I was able to gain a good amount of experience with the work of a bank, however often times things were slow and takes very long
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Long time to get things approved
Great security and room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON3 December 2017
A typical day at work is hard as there are a lot of clients to accommodate and each have different needs. As well as hitting your targets and providing the best customer service. I have learnt a lot in the time I have been with CIBC, management has been good.
benefits
Cons
wage
Gud place to work
Sales & Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 December 2017
I loved working there, had a very good peer support & manager. Opportunities to get overtime & extra pay for that. Very friendly team members. Very good benefit plans for employees.
Black office enivorment
Encoder Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2017
Routine job, easily done. Not enough hours they have a gym that was nice. Acquired typing numeric skills with speed, and dealt with stressful situations.
Pros
Pot luck days
Cons
Not enough hours
Typical Bank
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON10 November 2017
CIBC is a good company to work for, but through my research I have found that other Financial Institutions pay more for equivalent positions. Good people work there.
Lowest wages in the industry
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (TELLER) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
I could barely make a living off the wages I was being paid, I had to leave this employer. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to work for CIBC however, I learned so much about how to properly handle my finances that I am in a great financial position now.
just one opinion
Treherne /Miami, MB, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB6 November 2017
CIBC doesn't seem to care that their base customers in the rural areas sometimes don't have or use computers. There only concern seems to be that they make record profits and allow the larger officers and CEO's to get record salaries and make the people doing the worrk struggle with making ends meat.
Pros
good basic benefits
Cons
terrible starting wages compared to the rest of the company
Financial Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 October 2017
Good place to work. Salary needs to improve. Very good health Insurance. Nice managment. Place where you can grow. Friendly, helping people. Excellent learning.