CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Teller

nothing to say they where a good place to work for 30 years, 90% of the time it was a joy to go to work as you where there for the clients, Getting to know them and their families was great.
This was a time before computers, 1979. When being a teller was not about retail goals and sales were not part of the job description of teller. Everyone was upbeat and customer service was most important.
Pros
Such a great place to work and learn
Cons
Everything was manual. No computers.
Management is fair and working schedule is flexible. People are friendly, working environment is fast paced. potential to be promoted, location is good.
I worked at CIBC for 2 months only and had to leave because of pregnancy . I enjoyed the time and learned a lot in a short period of time . A nice place and lovely environment surrounded by nice people .
Never exciting to work at a bank, but it was ok. I couldn't stand working there in the summer time as it was always freezing inside and couldn't feel my fingers.
Very good place to work. Fellow pairs work good together. Lots of work but manageable. Love greeting the customers and helping them. Have to be a people person to do this job.
Pros
good benefits and good friends
Cons
long hours at the end of the month
form all these jobs, I earned much experience in CSR position. Had/have great environment, excellent experience with different management, met/meeting people/friends/clients form different culture, like to learn about different culture, friendly environment at work, faced/facing sometimes very difficult clients but really feel proud once I solved their problems by myself, most enjoyable part of my job is when I appreciated by clients, achieved excellence customer service compliments, achieved so many rewards for so far. very successful so far in CSR positon. Now I want to learn different experience with different job/work.
Pros
free lunches, free gift card form good work done, free merchandise etc.
Cons
fix hours
My co-workers were extremely helpful and I was given a very good training program. Dealing with the public was an enjoyable part of my day. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell some customers products that the bank offered. This was mandatory but I felt uncomfortable doing this.
Pros
lower interest rates than the general public on loans
Cons
the salary was not great
The best part was laughing with the girls every day and learning new things. I truly enjoyed the bank and all the co-workers.
I've learned a lot working for CIBC, such as managing time to make the most out of my work day, creating an enthusiastic and reliable work atmosphere and going above and beyond to achieve customer satisfaction. I've learned to balance large amounts of cash flow and to meet expectations such as numerous references and sale quotas.
Pros
nice and secure work space
Cons
soliciting to clients about numerous products and fund raisers.
Typical Day at work is morning reports, ATM balancing, assisting tellers with inquires, customer concerns. Answering phones and emails, opening and dispursing mail. Communication with lawyers in regards to estate accounts.Ive learned alot being at CIBC, Ive learned how to communicate better with lawyers, how to research problems and concerns.Assistant Branch Manager is not knowledgeable, handles staff concerns in a unprofessional way. The branch manager is very easy going, however does not confirtation therefore alot of concerns that come his way are not addressed or addressed quickly.Coworkers are all great people, great to work with and work together very well.Most enjoyable part of the job is doing the administrative work and the feeling of when you have helped a client concerns they feel you did it quickly and professional.
Pros
hours
Cons
ideas not heard
Loved working here had fun with patronsLoved all the people I worked withhad great chances for advancement the company was willing to train
Pros
had a chance to advance
Cons
was only part time
CIBC offered many opportunities and learning situations.