CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Mortgage Specialist

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
In my Opinion CIBC is not a work place I would recommend to anyone that values their mental health. There is way too much of stress and even more politics within the company ; you only get promoted based on who you know or how much you do for management whenever they ask. God forbid you have an opinion or stand up for anyone or do/say anything that is correct but not what they want to hear, they will find a way to get rid of you. Kindly note that this is my experience with this company and my honest opinion.
its a shift work including Saturday, take inbound calls, assist mortgage advisers , Lawyers and bank employees regarding mortgages processing, underwriting and funding
I wouldn't know where to start. The back office is absolutely by far the worst. Imagine a system that doesn't work from a technology stand point, and that acts as a disincentive for collaboration and sales. Have it? Great, you almost understand the daily pain of being a CIBC employee. Management is disorganised, business units do not cooperate, in fact they compete for sales targets. After 8 months or so, I asked for vacation for a honey moon, my boss fired me a week later with severance; with the explanation that her team didn't take vacations until they make a million.... so I'm not exactly sure how anyone got time off. That said the mandatory counselling and free cab ride home was cool.
I really like my experiences at CIBC, it gave me a chance to learn how to work independantly, i tought there lack of support to succeed in my department, but it's still ok because i learned to be more efficiant. I made a lots of mistakes and learned a lots from it.
great place to work enyoying it. good environment, you know exactly what the task is .paid vacation and unpaid vacation as well.come and be part of our precious team you will not regret it
The compensation is good but the work load is too much and there is no work life balance. Management does not really listen to employees much they take suggestions in one ear and out the other. I find they are lacking on the most updated technology. But there is always job security especially the department I work in, even if you go on a short secondment you can always guarantee your job back.
Working at CIBC was very busy but structured. Every morning there were team meetings to overview the days workload. There are many opportunities to switch departments and advance in the career, which is nice. Hardest aspect of the job was outdated systems, on occasion it would be lagged by up to 6 hours, given the usage, but otherwise would lag 1-2 hours which is still unacceptable in the back office mortgage department. Enjoyed the job other than the outdated / slow system.
The management was good and guided me with help and advise me day to day work . Hours was good and so was the pay . The team lead was also very helpful
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIBC?
Great Place to Work, Good Benefits, High Targets and a busy day. Management very Helpful, Great place to learning banking and build a career, workplace culture is excellent.
Great Bank to work for: Managers are always looking for ways to help their team excel and progress. Seasoned Colleagues are always available to help the greener ones. Hardest part in this position is the hardest part in any new position. A lot of info in a short period of time, but the support from colleagues and partners make it a seamless transition. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving your family at home, only to spend 8 hours with your family at work. it truly makes you wonder where all the time went.
This Bank is a terrible place to work in. Do not even bother to apply if you get a better opportunity elsewhere. Everyone from top level to associates have no idea as to what customer service is about.
Working with Realtors, Builders, Branch staff etc to obtain new mortgage clients. I learned a new computer program used to submit mortgage applications. Management was very supportive. Mortgage Specialists worked from home with some access to branch office space. 100% commission could prove to be challenging if you did not budget properly or if there was a lull in the market. CIBC's computer systems were somewhat dated . Enjoyed the customer contact and helping clients realize their dreams.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Computer system
Great approach to financing solutions that puts employees and clients at the center of everything we did. You will benefit from a highly entrepreneurial environment and the ability to interact with a seasoned team of senior bankers.
Everything was wonderful, until they changed the management and management had no clue of the job to be done. Cibc has no sympathy for those with children and never take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes. I would never recommend cibc to those that want to work in the banking insdustry, employees are not important the profits are.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management does not know the responsibilities of employees***
Good opportunity for development in customer service/sales. Good training and support while developing skills in various departments in retail and personal banking.
To work in Mortgage department one has to have a global background of the general situation at a time and good projections for the future in accordance with the fluctuation of the ongoing markets. I faced a very particular issue, for instance I had a call from an attorney asking why the bank is taking him to court. After debating the issue with my superior who had no answer to such query I , personally took the initiative asking the attorney for his personal phone number in order to follow up with the legal department to take action. On the other hand, the happy moments were among the team who can do sales more than the other as a matter of joking in our assignment.
Pros
enjoyable, teamwork, challenge, achievement.
Cons
routine
-Very aggressive sales driven job -Learnt to perform as a team player -Achieved great success due to good communication skills -Brushed up language skills in English, Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi due to different demographic
I had a great experience working for cibc as a mortgage advisor. It was alot of fun and great learning experience. Management was helpful and co-operative. My team was very dedicated and hard working.
telephone banking mortgages of CIBC located in 100 University Ave, Toronto. currently working as mortgage servicing specialist. Good position in terms of getting into the company, but expected turnover rate of this position by management itself is 1-2 years where even managements are actually encourage to move to different areas of the organization. not a job that we will enjoy day to day as it is eventually customer contact center but good place to find a better position within firm
Pros
encourage to move within firm to different position
Cons
internal competition only is still very high
  1. Mortgage Specialist