CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Merchandise Flow Team Member

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
I was responsible for the work flow of 4 different areas and the work flowed from each department to the next from 6 pm until 2 am. I usually started my shift from 10 pm until 6 am but if there were issues before my shift started, I was brought up to date by a staff member or my supervisor. The most difficult past of the job was when the system went down and we had such strict deadlines. I did not want excuses for system problems I just wanted it fixed. Because of this issue, my patience was tested many times. The most enjoyable was just sitting at my computer and being short staffed and knowing that I had to balance and make the service level agreement of 99.9%. I found that a challenge and I always enjoyed a challenge. To motivate staff I would challenge them and sometimes it worked but not always.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Expecting others to be as dedicated as I was
I learned how to use a point of sale and improved my customer service skills.I then advanced to managing schedules, marketing materials placement and much more.
  1. Merchandise Flow Team Member