CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Manager in North York, ON

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Great place to work! work life balance! Management is Good. Very client centric. Treats employees fairly.very good benefits. very clear about process. keeps employees motivated. innovative campaigns
Most days I get in early so I can get emails answered and important work done and be ready for the routine work. On a typical day we had a coffee meeting to discuss of any backlog work and unprocessed mortgage insurance applications. One particular day I was not able to show up to work and this got really messed up due to short staff. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained the reason they got down to amend their usual schedules to meet the deadline. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. We'd got it done by three and, with the Manager appreciated very much. We got everything back on track by the end of the day. My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had strong Accounting skills, I didn’t have any previous experience of Microsoft Excel. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I was able to adept at using this skill. I also learned a great deal about handling customers. My previous roles were not customer-facing so it was great to have the chance to develop this area of my experience. Management was very unbiased and reasonable in all aspects of company policies. Work place culture was very good. Most individuals with Generosity, skill, transparency, fun, a - more...
Pros
Close by, Flexible, Good Boss
Cons
Long hours at times