CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Fraud Analyst

The work place was at the corporate building with various celebration and event to ease working in a fast pace and high pressure . People are very supportive.
Too much favoritism and you need to boss's favorite pet to get raise or bonus , hiring process is fix they know whom to hire and fire, mamager only hire people from his own community
Pros
Cons
Too much pressure and under paid
Excellent place to work and earn skill, job advancement ..Good environment and really good experience. Enjoyed working there. People are helpful and friendly.
Cons
You gotta be able to see the positive in it. Else you’ll have very loong days! I mean it’s a call Center after all, but the management makes all the difference. So long as your not there to sit and look nice.
Pros
Communication/ recognition
Cons
Seniority and shift
Management is micro managed therefore leaving rooms for gaps. No incentives for working evenings/late nights. Quantity over quality, inbound team shouldn’t be accessed by the number of calls taken, check out the fraud caught, fraud mitigated and there should be career growth within the (fraud)inbound department .
Pros
Work culture is good
Cons
Micro management, least paid for this role when compared to other financial institutions
good benefits, good environment overall a very good place to work and continue to develop your skills. Managers are very easy to get a hold of whenever a problem arises.
during my days at CIBC i remember that the management was helpful and supportive. We had training for any programs that were rolled out. The downside to this job was the rotating shifts and the long hours on the phone with disgruntled customers, because they couldn't use their card or that there was charges on their account.
Pros
decent benefits and pension
Cons
rotating shifts and long hours on the phone.
investigates forgery and theft within customers’ accounts and transactions on behalf of a bank or a financial institution. tracking and monitoring the bank’s transactions and activity that comes through the customers’ accounts. I identify and trace any suspicious or high-risk transactions, determine if there is improper activity involved, and determine if there is any risk to the bank or its customers.
good place to work,but no space to promotion , pay is not enough to keep the talent. there are no parking space. should improve the better
CIBC is a great place to work at, it is a great place to learn new skills and about the financial world, I have worked there in the past 4 years and learned anything related to the fraud world and how to prevent it.
A nice company to work for with good benefits and a lot of opportunities for growth as a professional. Supportive management and great co-workers enhance the employee experience. The job responsibilities and workload are reasonable.
I would prefer to discuss this with any potential employer.
Pros
Not micro managed
Cons
Disfunctional distribution of work loads
Inbound call centre. Coworkers are very nice and friendly. Team players.
Pros
Nice friendly environment.
Cons
NO job security or learning.
I have worked for CIBC Visa for 10 proud years from 2000 to 2010 working in the visa fraud industry. My typical day at work is answering up 100 calls a day in the inbound function and handling 18 cases an hour in the outbound function. I worked in 3 divisions for CIBC which are Merchant Help Desk, Loss Prevention Dept and Fraud Detection Dept. I learned to save and reduce bank losses due to credit card fraud. My duty was to protect all CIBC cardholders of fraud by which of identifying identity theft, fraud applications, account takeovers, convenience cheque fraud, bust outs, family fraud, counterfeit and impersonations. The hardest part of the job was detecting family fraud and bust out fraud scenarios. As a Fraud Detection Officer I worked in team of 70 agents and 6 managers, work with the Anti-Money Laundering team and act as help desk to the Loss Prevention Dept.
Pros
unionized environment & warm friendly co-workers
Cons
difficult and irate customers, risk of bank losses, long commute to work