CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Specialist

Demanding/stressful Sales Environment. Juggling both working at CIBC and being a full time student is difficult. Though management is flexible with quantity of work hours in a given week.
Pros
High Pay and good Insurance
Cons
Stressful expectations
Sales sales sales sales ! Oh I forgot, sales . It doesn’t matter if the client needs the financial product or not. Somehow, You have to reach your quota and you have to figure out how to do it.
No Incentives and very less pay. Sales pressure is high and constant threat on job. Management is worst and dosen't care about the employees. All they care is Sales and Backstabbing is common here and coworkers are your biggest enemies sponsored by Managers. Divide and Rule policy. Dont work here unless you wanna get screwed up in your career.
Basically, the worse thing that have ever happened to me and I do not wish to my worse enemy. I delivered great results and I have never received any commission or recognition. It is a pain to have to put this experience in my resume. Maybe, you will find a better division, but mine is a no-go for sure.
Pros
stable salary, some medical benefits
Cons
crazy schedules, no commission, lack of recognition, highly unprofessional
Management was awesome as they really deferred responsibility and trusted their employees. Training was very minimal; 1 day only. Workplace culture was not the best as almost everyone you meet is selfish and workplace politics can get really draining.
to much expected without the pay to match, common use of negative critism and bullying tactics.
Pros
free lunches, coffee on busy days
Cons
to heavy a workload, lack of training
  1. Financial Specialist