CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
A typical day at work was going in, getting everything prepared at our desk/tills and doing our morning routine. I learned a lot about finances while I was at this job. The management in my small branch was great but our upper management was terrible. It made the job a whole lot less enjoyable. The hardest part was being in such a small branch and being expected to sell products to the same people all the time. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
Canadian's are a bunch of fools who know nothing about their finances who call a poor pathetic bank to argue with them about their own finances. Why not stop spending money for a change? Anyway's, first off it's a hard job and it's a bitter job. You need a lot of communication skills and be able to multitask on the phone all while management is breathing down your neck. Break room and view is horrible. Bank is old, time to build a new building downtown?
Pros
Business Casual
Cons
19 Floors up
this financial institution is completely focus on customer. nice working hours. little sales pressure but tolerable. always miss working with cibc. good employee discounts.
I enjoyed working here. The training g was excellent and the manager was a great individual. The work is not easy but one alway had support and breaks were well timed.
Pros
Great Pace environment
Cons
No estabilty on working schedule
great place to work! I hope this message reaches many people in the town of Georgina Customer service returns the money if you call in. so its good bank to work
My day start first with going through my emails, checking incoming emails from clients as well as management. Then, I would make my outbound calls and start taking my appointments. Before joining the bank, I least know about banking; and now I give advise to my friends and family. Management is very transparent and we have varied culture. It was fun loving and day passes very fast. The hardest part was customer service. Interactions with people from different countries and helping them is what motivated me and I liked the most about this job.
Perfect place to learn customer service, banking products and computer-systems. However, manager is prone to micro-manage and lots of stress due to high volume of call and rush. Hardest part of job - to keep up with targets as not all clients were satisfied. Most enjoyable part of job - salary and benefits
The day consisted of Working from your office and calling clients persuading them to come in and trying to sell them products they don't necessarily need.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, horrible training and bad managers
If you are good with clients and speaking to people to find their particular wants to be able to offer them the correct product then you will be able to increase your income by achieving sales targets and receiving bonuses. If you have poor sales technique then this job will be a struggle.
With motivative managers along my side and a good team and coworkers, truly my pleasure to be working within the corporation. Being client focus is aline with a big part of my personal goals.
Pros
Great place to work in
Cons
Airport hours
The 4 weeks in class training is redundant and lacks job shadowing on the floor to actually prepare you for the job. It’s way too much product knowledge. Anyways once you get on the floor that’s when you have to decide if the job is worth your mental health. Management has favorites and are all people who have been there for 20 plus years. Team leaders are no leaders instead they get there because they’re favorites, they demean, devalue you and have nothing but negative comments to say to you. The only praise or positive thing you are told is when you get a promoter as if to rub it in other’s faces that some client praised you for doing your job. You are constantly being watched and told how bad you’re doing at your job. Clients are rude and curse you out and there is no support nor guidance on how to handle situations like that. There’s a lot of unethical things that happen and are swept under the rug. The job is demotivating, Toxic and wears on your mental health. Rethink if this is the job for you. Benefits are good though and start on your first day in class but that’s about the only good thing that cibc has to offer you. They also have you sitting on some old dirty stained up computer chairs.
Benefits
Cons
Disorganized, demotivating stressful unethical environment
Overall relatively decent place to work. Very weak management who lack knowledge to support banking professionals and request unethical behavior in favor of sales.
A typical day at CIBC as a FSR II was filled with scheduled meetings, making phone calls to book appointments and helping walk in clients with their banking needs. The management is very supportive and encouraging, they sit in on meetings with clients to help determine suitable financial solutions. Overall, CIBC is a great company to work for, has a great work life culture.
my experience in CIBC is really awesome, lots of training provided, the management team are supportive, easy workplace, sometimes have free lunch and breakfast
They have a very well defined progression plan especially if you are good at what you do. You will get to work with a lot of people from different branches and levels of the career - just need to be active about it.
I have learned alot of things for the past 5 years working at CIBC. I have learned to handle client's issues and to provide well thought out and useful solutions to their issues and problems. The workplace culture of my workplace is really supportive and family like.
Pros
learning
Great team, no discrimination. Has options to learn more and improve your skills. ncourage to better position and support from managment. has great partners to work with different areas.
Pros
Restaurant gift card as a revards
Cons
Yes working some time long hours as per on choice
Working for CIBC was a fast paced environment. Had to be analytical and detailed oriented. Be able to delegate and communicate effectively with team members.
Typical Day: Come in 30min early to work to review emails and sort through priority tasked items. Sit in with my leader for a morning huddle which usually included household items, new events and current tasks needing completion. What I learned: Retail Banking requires a tremendous control of time. Time managements is essential to succeed as you're dealing with many different cases, be it lending or investing, and each case has its own deadline and own agenda with different solutions. Sometimes there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish both existing and new tasks. Workplace culture: I'm personally having a bad experience with my workplace culture as I am not in agreement with the politics. Overall the workplace culture is dictated by the leadership role, in my particular situation I have a leader who everyone is very unhappy with. Thus my particular workplace culture includes a lot of favoritism as well as micromanagement. Hardest Part of the job: Having to achieve my targets all while accommodating the regular servicing that a bank teller would solve. I am a universal banker which means I was required to do both jobs as our banking centre was completely digital; no tellers. Most enjoyable part of my job: Meeting clients who were in need of my help and finding a solution to help change their lives financially; which usually leads to other betterments in the quality of life.
Pros
Semi Creative allowances
Cons
Lack of consistent support
CIBC has a wonderful culture dedicated to it's clients and improving the life of it's staff. Some managers may be intimidating but at large, they have many good leaders who create positive vibes throughout the workplace. The training and development is world class and unmatched by most other banks. They will really educate you about product knowledge in a fun and engaging way. The tools will also help you to understand what a client really needs. If there are any concerns, it would have to be the compensation especially in terms of the income. The benefits are wonderful so it kind of balances it out but even leaders admit that the company is not big on bonuses and salary income.
Pros
Excellent culture, wonderful management and world class training
Cons
Compensation needs improvement
  1. Financial Representative