CIBC
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
Great colleagues and environment. I have learnt a lot from the learning process. I worked there for less than three months. In this short period I tried to learn as much as possible. The design of training is good. Nice culture in the workplace.
I worked at a business branch therefore my experience at CIBC was very different than a person's experience at head office. I can't speak to the head office culture which is what I am seeking.
I worked for CIBC for 5 years. I absolutely loved my job and my clients; unfortunately, the current manager did not display strong management skills and was not trustworthy. There were other people within the branch who treated others very poorly and I am a strong believer in customer service and treating everyone with respect. I also believe in treating people how I would like to be treated and unfortunately those views/values were not shared by my fellow co-workers so I no longer wanted to be associated with these people.
-huddle with team. -make calls and book appointments. -work on pending deals and appointments with clients -provide sound customer service. -attain product knowledge and everything is within compliance.
CIBC is a financial institution that incorporates the business from within the communities by addressing the needs of clients with tailored solutions.
The job is to provide Financial Advice for clients that includes open checking and savings account, investments, mortgages credit cards and unsecured lending
the overall rating is 5/5 the manager is very kind and supportive you are able to balance your life and work even though the salary is not that high but you can find excessive potentials in this company
Not the best manager decisions but employees are very nice. Pay average, training is fine at least you get time to get in touch with basics. Always busy with huge lines.
The job is to provide Financial Advice for clients that includes open checking and savings account, investments, mortgages, retirement planning and so on.
Overall one of the best companies to work for. The pay is slightly less than the competitors such as TD, Scotia, etc., however, the environment makes up for the salary gap.
It provides lots of training and tool to support new hire and existing employee and lot of incentive however the bonus is hard to get unless you tried out so hard and you may reach your goal.
Clients and staff at CIBC were great. Small town culture. I loved being able to help each client with their personal banking needs. I enjoying helping my clients into a much healthier financial situation
Great learning experience, good pay for part-time position, great benefits, however will be staying back for an hour or more after closing because the company does not use the newest technology for CSRs - One of the managers were great, other did not seem to know what they were doing - Sometimes workplace culture was not exactly followed as employees were speaking in their own languages to communicate with each other Pros
Pros
Good Training
Cons
No growth
Really love my coworkers here and the in inclusive environment at CIBC. You can tell they really care about their employees. Great benefits package as well as banking perks but to me it doesn't quite make up for the salary at the end of the day.
I loved working with CIBC. Greatstaff diversity and challenge. Lots of opportunities to move within the company. Decent pay. Not alot of training. Decent support from management could be better. More pay increases needed. Quicker movement towards career goals
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Too much sales
Call centre was standard for banking industry. High volume of calls with strong sales expectations. Metrics ruled all. Good training program at the outset.
A typical day at work includes micro-managing from team leader. The hardest part of the activities is working with team members and managers who do not understand the difference in team growth and developing personal growth
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Back to back service
overall decent place for people who like customer service, sales at the retail level. some people are quite nice, however, not everyone is there as the structure values don't always align with fast growth
Pros
good people
Cons
structure
You need to have a skill to be able to receive 80 plus calls a day and to resolve all issues while maintaining a great attitude, the feeling of having a secure job and a decent paycheck make it worth
A typical day at work was going in, getting everything prepared at our desk/tills and doing our morning routine. I learned a lot about finances while I was at this job. The management in my small branch was great but our upper management was terrible. It made the job a whole lot less enjoyable. The hardest part was being in such a small branch and being expected to sell products to the same people all the time. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
  1. Financial Representative