CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
No comment about this job The management is a small click and unless you play that game you will not go anywhere They micro manage you and only care about themselves
A welcoming environment with work life balance provided to support personal growth and development with regular coaching and feedback for improving new campaign approach
CIBC is a great company to work for, if you are good at sales. I didn’t feel like an advisor, I felt a ton of sales pressure. But the pay is decent and the benefits are great
I choose not to answer this question. Indeed is forcing me to answer with a 150 character minimum answer. When I wrote "I choose not to answer" several times to by-pass answering their AI figured out that I was trying to get around not answering. So I wrote this paragraph explaining what happened. I find it strange and aggressive that Indeed would force someone to provide a review. Hopefully this one slips past the AI.
Salary is quite low, sales position labelled as consultant / advisor. High emphasis on sales, pushing products, upper management wants short meeting with high sales VS meaningful long meetings, forced to sell all forms of credit facilities including mortgages without commission.
excellent team work and management that treat staff accordingly. Good pay Great toronto location= Great success in business Incentives offered to performers
The work itself is tough, however, the work culture which includes team outings, food days and prizes for sales targets definitely helps. Management can be fair, depending who you have. However, the pay is good and the location easy to get to.
Pros
Free lunches, parties, incentives
Cons
Long hours, management
Great place and lots of things to learn. You need to perform well and stay focused. Challenging in every aspect of work environment and good support from supervisors.
Horrible experience with extremely pushy and unpleasant managers. If you like shoving products down people's throats then this is the job for you. Do not recommend.
A typical day at work includes phone calls and meetings trying to create new business opportunities. Micro-management is the norm with weekly, sometimes dail emails pestering you for your sales numbers.
Great pay for new employees. For old employees, the raise doesnt even beat inflation. Great team though. All depends on your manager. I like my manager.
-Low pay for amount of work and extra time you have to put in. -Advancing in your career is limited to who you know not performance -Poor management skills at branch level -
Productive and fun place to work. The salary however is the sore point.... I do believe that the company can do better with regards to compensation. Salary aside, its an ok company to wok for.
The level of work you do is not compensated well. They should pay more to employees. Year end bonuses are not well compensated either. Opportunity to learn is vast and can boost future opportunities.
Has lot of employee befits which include free banking and premium interest rate in the lending products. I have learned a lot about the banking sector in this job.
Branch have lot of politics.Doing micromanagement. Only promote people by their like not by their talent. I believe branch managers should have training how to treat their employees.
The thing I like most about my role is becoming a trusted advisor to my clients and building lasting relationships. The diversity awards CIBC has been honoured with really encouraged me and gave me a good idea of CIBC’s values and allowed me to picture myself at CIBC.
Everything is expected even without FSRDP. I think more training should be given and then expectations should be placed. Manager knows nothing about banking and manipulates to show she knows.
a great work culture & alot of learning a start to somone wanting to know aboutt banking & finance great support the hardest park is the work load but a great manageent to share it with.
Cons
This company will work you like a slave. I know at least 3 people who had to take time off from work because of mental breakdowns caused by unreasonable expectations.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
unreasonable expectations, can't even take a minute to breathe
  1. Financial Representative