CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative in North York, ON

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Great leadership team and people first environment. ... I personally have improved my interpersonal skills working in this place. You have the opportunity to learn from different programs and to work with people from different backgrounds that have enriched my work culture. Jobs
The thing I like most about my role is becoming a trusted advisor to my clients and building lasting relationships. The diversity awards CIBC has been honoured with really encouraged me and gave me a good idea of CIBC’s values and allowed me to picture myself at CIBC.
I have learned alot of things for the past 5 years working at CIBC. I have learned to handle client's issues and to provide well thought out and useful solutions to their issues and problems. The workplace culture of my workplace is really supportive and family like.
Pros
learning
One of the largest bank in Canada. As a financial service representative, I used to receive calls from existing clients and assist them with their concerns. Also, based on their current financial situation, I offered and discussed better options. Work environment is very friendly and provided new learning and training sessions time to time to sharpen my skills.
Initially a great place to work for because you step into the world of banking and financial management. Giving yourself a different approach on banking and allows you to think about how you want to manage your own money.
Great company - they are very employee centric. I have worked here for many years and find that it has great potential. They reward according to your performance
I love working for CIBC! They do a great job from day one with the training to helping build your skills in your position. There is a real client focus and commitment to helping provide solutions for all people.
Good organization to work for and have good team members and managers to help . The self learning environment is best to have one.
Although the salary was very good (almost 40k) and the work opportunity for commission was there, it was a very difficult job to enjoy, many clients would just be angry that you're calling them are 8pm to sell them a credit card
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life until you quit