CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative in Montréal, QC

Perfect place to learn customer service, banking products and computer-systems. However, manager is prone to micro-manage and lots of stress due to high volume of call and rush. Hardest part of job - to keep up with targets as not all clients were satisfied. Most enjoyable part of job - salary and benefits
Job Work / Life Balance and Salary/Benefits are satisfactory, however I cannot stress enough the importance of REALLY looking at the shortcomings of the other cadres in order to truly put into context the reality of this workplace
This company will work you like a slave. I know at least 3 people who had to take time off from work because of mental breakdowns caused by unreasonable expectations.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
unreasonable expectations, can't even take a minute to breathe
• Build a solid relationship with customers by providing them the best service and helping them to achieve their goals and needs. • Take accountability for issue resolution in a timely manner and using all available tools to create a path to resolution, clearly communicating next steps and timeframes to customers
CIBC has a very friendly warm environment. Employees are seen and treated as human beings. Great insurance benefits as well as financial benefits. Schedules can be tough as a start but seniority is gained quickly.
No comments. Management is sales driven. Little care is given to the client's needs or desires. Possibilities of advancement. Pressure to perform. Good experience.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
Sales driven
Working for CIBC has been a real pleasure. The work I did was dynamic, and I learned a great deal about retail banking, all retail credit products including mortgages, I learned retail banking industry laws and regulations. The work place culture was great, we had competitions, challenges, food, drinks, and end-of-year dinner, and fun activities outside of work. The hardest part I would say would be working in a fast paced environment, although you get used to that quite quickly. The fun part in my day-to-day would be my colleagues, they were young, interesting, helpful, candid, and from all backgrounds.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, fun activities
Cons
Weekend Shifts
great place to work very good experience customer service sales competition objective handling team work hardest part of the job is to deal with the difficult clients
Pros
awards
Cons
so
good place to grow your career. leading banks in Canada, a lot of good learning opportunities. competitive salary job security great vacation great co-worker
Pros
free meals
Cons
not flexible
Depends on your role in the bank, almost most jobs are sales related. Very high pressure. As for management, it can be a hit and miss, depending on your luck. Overall, despite for fighting clients between co-workers, they work more as a team and service quality is good.
Meeting with clients and learning about their financial goal requiring one to adapt and find solutions to their problems. Cold calling for appointments as well as dealing with walk ins and attempting to solve the clients problems. Daily management mentoring and coaching on approaching clients and how to reveal a need and a solution. Learning the fundamentals of the financial world involving investments, credit and mortgages. Fun work environment with engaging individuals.
I worked at CIBC full-time Pros Excellent company to work with Cons too much pressure for getting new Mortgages Advice to Management Think like Mortgage agent Pros Good people, and for the most part, a good work environment. Cons Too much red tape and processes that it becomes detrimental to getting any work done. Growth is slow. Pros Everyone is incredibly supportive, performance management is real, there is opportunity for visibility to senior management. Cons Can be very slow, a lot of red tape involved, promotion policy is very vague, poor clarity on what all the opportunities are and how to get them Advice to Management Dont wait for perfection before promoting. You are losing great talent because of your extreme conservatism
Most banks are sales oriented but this one is a joke of an institution in this regard, the "by any means necessary" approach seems to be the bread and butter of the institution.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
I enjoy working at CIBC. Just like every job there are pros and cons. One of the pros is that the management team is very easy going and is extremely understanding and helpful. Cons include a lot of rules. For example my office can't print anymore papers? I can't save documents to my computer, I'm forced to email them to myself everyday. Everything is calculated by the minute, wether you are on the phone, off the phone, in the bathroom, getting water, its all calculated in percentages.
As a financial service representative at CIBC, I received extensive sales and credit training related to CIBC products and services. I met client needs and ensured the highest quality of service and advice was delivered.
Long Hours Learned a lot about the Banking industry and Financial products Management was ok, some we're better at helping their employees more than others but all in all good group of people. Made a lot of friends and coworkers, friendly environment.
Pros
contests
Cons
Poor Hours
If you like a dynamic, professional environment you're going to like to work in the office of a bank. I was working long hours but learning alot and meeting great people. the benefits were amazing especially dental.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
working hours, stress
Working at CIBC was a good experience and it let me become the salesman that I am today. I was always top of my team and my department and that always helped me have better statistics and bonuses.
On a daily basis, I would provide customers with in-depth insight on their financial situation, on possible opportunities regarding investments, credit loans of all sorts and present mortgages when appropriate.
A lot of information to retain A lot of programs to work with, therefore multitasking is a must Need to be adaptable to the work schedules Great Team Work oriented environment
fun workplace and great co-workers. Own time/task management
  1. Financial Representative