Play YouTube video button

CIBC Employee Reviews for Financial Representative

Financial Representative403 reviews
Canada403 reviews
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Great place to work. Management is always helpful, encouraging and supportive. Staff is well diversified and friendly. Work hours are reasonable although some days are longer than others. Would be nice to have a better salary considering the responsibilities but benefits and pension are great.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Can be stressful
high stress level no support from Management No training
Moral is low at most branches; Will not advance you into a different position; No support when you need to report a manager or employee
Pros
pay
Cons
high stress no work life balance
Working at CIBC is HORRIBLE. Right out of the gates, it takes a couple months to start working once you've been hired. Then their training program is a joke. They push you through is as fast as possible, and throw you to the wolves to get chewed up and spit out. Clients scream at employees all day - everyday. Once again, I'll blame this on the training program leaving everybody to be incompetent. There is never any staff at locations, because everyone quits!!! And because everyone quits there is way to much work to do with no staff. This is what I was told when I started working a bunch of overtime, in order to complete my work.... "If you come in early, or stay late you cannot put in the overtime hours. Legally we have to pay you, but if you claim it then we won't let you stay". SO, not only am i trying to to the job for 3 employees (and I'm getting the same god awful pay), but not I'm not allowed to claim the overtime. They would rather sacrifice the clients and employees happiness, then spare a few extra dollars from the billions they make.
Work Hard and demand growth.
Keep up to date on financial news and changes in financial industry

Keep focus to achieve targets and adhere to company policies and risk guidelines.
Required to learn anything related to retail banking but being paid less than other banks. Work environment is competitive, managers always encourage us to perform better and improve. Consistently monitor our performance and provide feedback
Not a good environment for work. Micro managing and bossy management. Ask to meet regular target even during Covid 19 Situation. Corporate management is excellent but local management is worst.
If you like getting the feeling of being punched in the face every day, you should consider a job at CIBC. The experience will be full of regret, threats and constant abuse. Being at CIBC feels like a family of starving hyena that are waiting for you to get sick so they can feed off your corpse. Getting this job will make you feel good 1% and a piece of flying garbage manure that fell from the sky 99%.
CIBC is a good place to start but provides almost no room for advancement. Systems are out-of-date and new management has brought inconsistencies in expectations of our role and work is not valued. Good benefits, pay is not competitive, would not stay here long term.
My job can be very busy and fast paced but it is very exciting and it feels amazing to help people reach their financial goals. CIBC gives great support to their staff to ensure they can work productively and enjoy their work atmosphere.
It is a good company to work with but too much sales pressure. Pay is not too attractive but chances to grow are very hard. Benefits are okay but salary is not too good.
Job Work / Life Balance and Salary/Benefits are satisfactory, however I cannot stress enough the importance of REALLY looking at the shortcomings of the other cadres in order to truly put into context the reality of this workplace
I love working here. They're very supportive, kind and full of great advice for staff. I feel like they really try their very best to be there for us. There is also easy communication to all levels.
Competitive salary with great benefits. Work can even get stressful at times but managers and work colleagues are friendly. Interview and training process is great and work gets easier with time as you gain experience.
It was just bad on so many levels. The management was terrible and inept which was really just cascading from the top chain of management. Leaving CIBC for another bank was one of the best moves I've ever made both from a career and personal stance.
Great leadership team and people first environment. ... I personally have improved my interpersonal skills working in this place. You have the opportunity to learn from different programs and to work with people from different backgrounds that have enriched my work culture.
Jobs
Just another bank. Focus on calls and sales. Work life balance is okay. Salaries are too low, expectations too high.

Easy to get in, hard to build a career.
The job in itself has the potential to be a great job, the pay is good, the insurance / benefits are good. the hours are not great as they are based off of your time as an employee, so if you are a new employee it is likely you will be selected to work late evenings and weekends etc. The only fault I had with this job is the extreme micromanagement. The managers put pressure on the team leaders to make sure theyre teams are excelling and reaching high sales targets, so in turn the team leaders are constantly breathing down your neck and monitoring everything you do through a magnifying glass, I personally found this extremely uncomfortable and stressful.
CIBC suck the life out of me for 15 years before unfairly getting rid of me because I got too expensive. Annual salary increases were a joke, $450 per year, $500 per year, ridiculous. No cost of living increase.
CIBC is a standard issue corporate banking ladder. Opportunities for advancement if you want them. Company moves at a glacial pace when trying to implement new ideas.
It is a high pressure sales job. The environmental is stressful and management is very biased. Agents are encouraged to spend very little time and effort helping anyone who is unlikely to apply for a credit product.