CIBC
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

CIBC Employee Reviews for Finance Associate

Wages are descent in the upper level but the front line staff, first face to face with customers and the referral of potential business staff should be given more training, respected and valued more and definitely paid more.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
stressful and competitive environment
CIBC is a great friendly environnement, where you can learn a lot and have potential of growth. Disent salary and benefits.
Built some great customer relationships and also with some fellow co-workers Management not supportive wage poor benefits good
Pros
Customers
Cons
Expectations
The company has a good work culture and managers are great and supportive. The entire salary structure could be improved to keep the turn over rate low.
great benefits, pay higher than minimum wage, must have product knowledge and be able to sell. always room to grow within the company
Knowledgeable leadership, decent culture, good place to learn new skills and meet interesting people.Recommend to anyone starting out in the industry.
Good benefits, close to home, nice people and professional management, however recent changes to the position do not let to maintain life/work balance: extended hours and working Saturdays were introduced, and I would be fine with that if I was not a single parent - constant challenge whom to leave my child with when I have to work extra hours or on Saturday. Overall I'm very greateful to CIBC for granting me the job anyway.
Pros
Location close to home, benefits, like the job in general
Cons
extended hours, working Saturdays
was over all a good place to work . I did for many years. I felt a sense of loyalty to them . How ever they don't have the same sentiment for their employees as the person's making the decisions about positions do not know you or the environment you work in .
Pros
nation wide -ageism not an issue
Cons
they don't have the same loyalty to employees as they do for the company.
i Presently assist the Financial Advisor in providing client's with advice surronding the four quadrants of Planning: Cash management, Credit planning, Investment planning, and Protection planning. Dealing soley with clients with a high net worth and providing them with solutions to grow their new worth and protect them and there families financially.
We as a branch do as many activities together including : group lunches, one department taking turns making lunch or breakfast for the others, bowling etc. Cibc as a whole does not contribute to these activities but our branch helps to keep morale and communications open between the departments as there is such a segregation between the departments due to branch layout. I have worked with some of my co-workers for over 20 years and have a great relationship with them. The hardest part of my job resently is the turnover in Financial Advisors and having to train someone every 6 months. This year alone there has been 3 advisors. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is client satisfaction. I get commented on a weekly basis from my clients on my " Excellent Customer Service". That is my reward.
A typical day was a day that I submitted the mortgage documents close the deal, and money was released in client's account. What I learned was working with a team and supporting some advisers and help each other to meet our targets. Time management was essential. My co-workers were all nice. We worked together and helped each other to learn more The hardest part that I didn't like very much was because I was with Imperial service, I was not able to serve walking clients. The most enjoyable part was when the team could meet their target successfully.
Pros
working with team
Cons
Not being able to serve people in longer hours as the branches was closed after 5 pm.
Rewarding and productive work place, supportive management and co-workers,good opportunity for advancement, in house learning and programs to support new opportunities.Very much enjoyed my co-workers the team work involved daily and assisting clients to achieve their financial goals and plans.
  1. Finance Associate