CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Finance Associate

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Wages are descent in the upper level but the front line staff, first face to face with customers and the referral of potential business staff should be given more training, respected and valued more and definitely paid more.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
stressful and competitive environment
The company has excellent benefits and you need to be sure to take advantage of them all as they will definitely increase your earnings. It is a very fast paced environment and you need to be comfortable learning on your own as you can never learn or remember all the information you will need to do your job so it is a continual process.
All in all Cibc, was a great place to work and move up the ladder, until I was promoted to a FSA, the one Advisor was not nice, not flexible, not helpful, critical and was not looking out for me in any way shape or form. It made me look elsewhere for work, and once I got the opportunity to leave, I took it. But I really missed my other position out of the 10 years I was there.
I liked CIBC. The balancing when you are first learning can be sooooo stressful, compared to working at RBC, where your end of day balancing is so easy and fast. A great place to work in different positions and move up the ladder. the Bank got to a point in pushing us to get customers to open new accounts, loans or apply for credit cards. I am not one to push products on clients unless they will benefit from it. So I did check accounts and ask questions to see if clients were interested. Some employees would open up new accounts just for their own gain though.
The environment was very toxic, there was lots of office gossip and not a lot of mutual respect amongst the employees. The ethics were low and it made it for a very cut throat place to work at.
Positive environment to work in. Everyone is always so helpful and willing to assist. Location is very convenient to get to and work hours are awesome!
Learned a lot about retail banking and some investment banking. The people are quite friendly and I was lucky to meet some great people that made it a great place to work. Some managers were great, others not as much.
Pros
Good culture overall
Cons
Compensation not competitive
same as all bank, challenge in creative management method, revolution needed in the digital environment. Working in the retail branch, daily work focus on customer service and financial solution advise.
CIBC is a great company to work for. They always treated me fairly. I worked there for 36 years and seen a lot change. My direct supervisor was fair and very good to work for. She was very approachable and offered support.
Assist with customer service reps prepare and open vault for the day. Different combinations needed to get bank open and ready servicing the clients. Cash recyclers used for cash to clients. CSR has a target to meet for referring clients to correct partners. answer phones deal with any client problem r complaint. enjoy the people management of the team, help assist them to answer client inquiries and reach individual target. I have learned, scheduling to meet business needs for each day. coaching employees on gaps that they may have and how to fill those gaps to be a successful CSR. Experience in hiring candidates that fits the team and the business unit. expertise in interview skills and choosing the correct candidate. Being manager of client experience entails monitoring the audit binder. Ensuring daily, weekly and monthly duties are completed for when the audit visits the branch., Such duities include cash counts and limits are appropiate. Review of branch offices are completed i.e. locked confidential information is completed. Testing of bank alarms are completed quartely
Pros
Eosp
Cons
CIBC is an great place to work. You have your yearly income and also receive a bonus at the end of the year based on your achievements. Since CIBC is always changing you just never know when your job might be redundant.
Pros
staff appreciation days with lunch
Cons
not paid enough for the job I was doing
You must be able to change priorities quickly and be able to multi-task. The work is interesting and interaction with clients was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Nice place to work. Management very professional. Lots of opportunities. Good pay. Flexible schedule and work home life balance. Promoting right people
A good place for individuals to develop skills and to learn. Work culture is great and there are always people willing to assist new hires. Recommended for those who are trying to enter the Financial Industry
Great company to work for. Excellent pay based on experience. Awesome benefits, health care benefits, employee stock purchase, employee discounts. Great vision for the company.
I have not worked there for a very long time. But bank culture is sell, sell, sell. So even if you are taking an admin job, you will be expected to sell. Worked with some very nice people and I think it's great start for college students wanting to gain experience.
our office is clique, mgmt not here to help you there is no flow for employment growth, nothing to aid you to learn - courses are very expensive and only refunded on successful completion
Pros
some free lunches...
Cons
mgmt not helpful
good place to work great multiculture environment hr should be more helpful to contingent workers and help them looking forward for more acquisitions by cibc in usa and expanding
I provided support for Small Business Manager of High Value clients with their everyday banking needs. I met with her and was instructed which clients were in need of assistance and how to best meet their needs. I processed the DOL report, renewed investments as needed, processed telephone and wire transfers, both Canadian and US currency,I booked my managers appointments and ensured she had the appropriate paperwork to meet clients needs. I learned so much at this job, but was only guaranteed a set amount of hours per week.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
CIBC is not just a bank but a wonderful environment to learn and work in! The staff is super friendly and willing to help me learn and the customer always come first!
  1. Finance Associate