CIBC
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

CIBC Employee Reviews for FSR

fast-pace heavy work load need good customer service skills and product knowledge keep learning, updated information regular work time schedule plus extra service
I used to rave about CIBC. Management changed again and now my workplace is hostile. I do not enjoy going to work anymore. They should try caring about their staff and they would get the results they are looking for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No support. Management does not care about staff.
New management being brought in from mostly TD is absolutely horrible. i would not recommend CIBC as an employer. It is bottom of the the "Big 5" for a reason. Career advancement is based on everything EXCEPT performance.
It's all about sales .If you're good with sales then you are okay plus poor management. Managers only focus on their favorite employees for to promote them .Salary is low than other FI.Benefits are okay .
The biggest thing Is that their upfront image is everything but behind the scenes...a very different story! There is bullying especially when it comes to anyone that is different. There are threats consistently. If you like a high school environment this is the place for you. The starting pay is good but expect to be stressed. No parking unless you want to pay 140.00 per month and shifts are terrible.
Loved my job, my manager and some of my colleagues. It can become very competitive and some fight for clientele. Benefits are great. Pay could be better. They push sales like any other sales job.
The good: The pay is great (for me at least), the benefits are amazing, the hours are comfortable (if you're willing to work weekends). The bad: The work load is terrible, most of the time you feel like you're baby sitting the elderly and foreigners whom have no idea on how the banking system in Canada works and so many time you spend a good chunk of time explaining the most basic of banking to grown adults, and at the end of it all, you get penalized for long talk time on the phone although you're just trying to do your job. You get micro managed to death. You will get rewarded with meaningless papers and cards for good work, and to me it feels demeaning and insulting, it's like getting a gold star in preschool for doing great at nap time. There's promises of gift cards, but good luck getting any, you'll be competing with everyone on the floor for 1 or 2 gift cards and at the end of the day CIBC comes out the winner.
Pros
Good money, benefits and titles.
Cons
everything else.
Great place to work, Great culture, you work independently. Much accommodation is given to employees to enable them to be fit for work always . Nice co workers
CIBC is a great place to work. CIBC train its new employees about the work culture. it provide great benefits to its employees. friendly environment. No leg pulling.
It was always about the sales and target i know it was important but there's no employee satisfaction. We were motivated by our works people came as a part time job and leave when they found better jobs
Pros
own desk
Cons
management was not the best
CIBC is known on the street as one of the worst employers to work for. They don't compensate their employees well as they should be and they stretch each employee out. Targets are unrealistic and upper management is not supportive at all. They are very demeaning and do not treat their employees as well as they should. Upper management don't care because they think we are all replaceable and of no value. We pay for any teamwork activity that we do including X'Mas dinners. No encouragement to excel within the company Overall I would have to say one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, they don't value their own employees then how would they value their clientele who hold the a great market share within the company.
My job in a day consist of appointments that a colleague or myself has scheduled. I also make calls to schedule more appointments through out the week. I work with customers on helping them meet there financial goals.
Pros
easy schedule to work around, and great staff at the branch.
Cons
Employee banking