CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative in Montréal, QC

if you need fast cash and not planing to take on a long term job this is for you, the job is very demanding and you don’t get recognized enough, they undermine your stress and make you feel bad if you don’t meet up all the statistics which are insane if you still have to provide excellent customer service. I think they should review their management and change their vision from sales oriented to customer satisfaction oriented .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very demanding, a lot of sales and statistics to follow and reach, no hard bonuses and management isn’t care oriented
I worked at a very good company before starting there and it was very different.All jobs treat you like numbers but there it's the worse and you get fired very quickly or people leave very fast.
Horrible management. They are not what they used to be. Used to be client and employee oriented, but lately, all that has changed and now, all they think about is making money. Don't waste your time with Cibc, their are plenty of other banks out there that will actually treat you as a human being, while making money.
The employees are very fun to work with, and very focused on their tasks at the same time. A typical day at work will be taking phone-calls all day and ensuring customer satisfaction. Management lacks flexibility.
since I'm working at Cibc I've learned new things in the finance industry and always keep learning. my overall experience working at Cibc is memorable however in terms of the scheduling there is more work to be done. The reason that I always get is the business needs therefore to be able to have employees ho stay loyal toothier work place there needs to be an understanding of the employee's persona life. Many of us work odd hors and also work on weekends. After 2 years this should change and realize that if you're able to bless your employees , your employees will the bless you.
It is a good place to work and as long as you work hard, you can easily move to upper levels. building a relationship within CIBC community is a strong tool to be able to get to next level.
CIBC creates a diverse atmosphere that is flexible for employment growth. Everyone is very helpful and the learning process is very easy and not too stressful.
There is no support from the management team , the clients are very rude , it is actually very sell focused , I have been so drained mentally that it affected my personal life
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Management, stress
- On site courses and training available - 37.5 mon- fri or tues - sat hours - benefits after 3 months (good benefits) - poor branch maintenance - advancement is difficult within company - salary/bonus negotiation difficult
Pros
Hours, benefits, vacations
Cons
Salary, in branch risk (hold-up), branch maintenance
Was a great place but shut down production. Excellent cross training and utlization of staff. The owners were getting older and as they pulled away from the business it lost a lot of sales.
Don't be surprised if you have an offer letter then suddenly they decide to not hire you; The worst salary comparing to other banks; The worst people to deal with; Zero professionalism.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Manage large amounts of incoming calls Generate sales leads Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools Meet personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolutionKeep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies Take the extra mile to engage customers
a lot of calls great people . However it was hard to move up and better training could have helped and possibly encoraged me to want to stay there longer
fast learning, high client orientation, targets , organised, high workload, rotation; need absolutely team work, people change positions fast
Pros
hours fixed
Cons
salary low
I loved working there. The general mood, and benefits were wonderful. The hours were flexible, and our superiors very kind and understanding. There were many possibilities for advancement. All and all, a great work environment.
Make sure to keep personal separate from people you work with !! Experienced lots of different ways to do things as well as picked up many software experience.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
High work load
At CIBC I learned many valuable lessons in teamwork, leadership, and accountability. Excellent team of workers in the branch i was situated at. Great overall place to build a career.
I loved working there one of my best jobs wish i could have stayed longer but my pregnancy was high risk.The training was excellent and the nesting period we had a lot of help. Sometimes I thought I will do omething wrong but someone was always there to help me and when I was okay enough to work by my sel I felt confident something I wa lacking before I worked for CIBC.
Pros
nice people
Cons
finished at mid night not ideal for people living too far but it was fun
Great work enviroment. Everybody had the ability to help and teach their own methods towards other co-workers in order to be a great team. Hardest part was not having a liable "coach/team leader" to guide me with the proper way of using the systems proved and handle calls.
Pros
Relaxing room with TV and downtown location gives access to many restaurants
Cons
breaks were 30 mins long whcih is not bad if you bring your own lunch
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce is a great working environment that embraces constant innovation and emphasize focus on great customer experience.
In my time at CIBC, I was promised a lot of advancement and that their employees were very well taken care of. They set unreasonably high targets for sales that I had to push onto POOR people. Imagine having to shove a credit card down the throat of an elderly gentleman who is already 20k in debt. Because I had no heart for that offer, the system that carefully tracks your referrals has flagged me. Believe me when I tell you that working at a bank only looks fancy because you're in a suit... They try to hype up their employees just to get them motivated to sell, sell, sell. They don't really care. Oh and a 5 cent increase per year to your salary?! Also, try balancing a huge amount of cash. If you don't balance by more than 5$, chances are you're staying, even if its 2 hours UNPAID. This happens very often. Lastly, they train you online, by showing some sketchy videos and multiple choice answers. When the real deal comes and you aren't aware of certain procedures because you WERE NOT trained for them, they fire you. FOR SIMPLE SMALL MISTAKES.
Pros
You wear a suit
Cons
Long standing hours, force you to sell or you're out, outdates programs and computers
  1. Customer Service Representative