Play YouTube video button
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

CIBC Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative413 reviews
Canada413 reviews
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Due to the low hourly pay for CSR's, they can not maintain employees in this position. As well they do not often have full time positions forcing their staff to take other part time work. The benefits, however, are very good, regardless if you are full or part time.
Pros
Advancement if you want to train for the positions
Cons
very poor pay, not a living wage for British Columbia
Getting workplace bully everyday from teller manager, and branch manager protect manager without doing anything. Teller manager always say shiiit to staffs and ignore their contributions. Mandatory donations $100 for each staff as manager want to win the most contribution made branch. Manager will ask why you so stupid when you ask a question. Good staffs leaving everyday
Pros
Cons
Terrible manager, workplace bully, HR can’t do anything
Training is pathetic. Team leader is just there to sit and warm chairs, they say they are there to support however in reality they stress you to a level that you will happily quit the job. I worked as a customer service representative in regina, some of the team support leaders tortured me to an extent that I could not sleep at night. I informed the management and they removed that team leader and shifted him to sales however this did not ended, the friends of that particular team support leader started to take revenge. There was a time where a team support leader was asking me how did you got this job? what did you learn in your training? Things were so bad that I would just cry for hours. They will be really nice in fornt of Manager or higher level of management staff, Management should understand this and start taking feedbacks of Team leaders and team support leaders from newly hired employees. I had really bad time working there. The job is not rocket science, you will get it however the people around you would make it worst for you.
Pros
pay
Cons
I gained knowledge of bank drafts, etransfers safety deposit boxes resulting in understanding as a personal customer as well as the business aspect.
The workplace culture is a positive experience as is management, generally.

The most enjoyable part of the job was developing deeper relationships with my team during the COVID hours.
CIBC is a great company but for anyone especially who applies for positions please avoid Records Client service. There is a specific manager who is in charge of the team currently who tends to in favor of specific people and in terms of managing a team it seems like she doesn't have proper knowledge. This specific manager tends to always be dishonest towards there co workers and always does shady stuff behind closed doors when the directors or higher ups aren't around, and she always has that mentality that she always likes to be right meaning the argument or complaint is always one sided in her favor pretty disgusting. I always wonder why CIBC hasn't launched an investigation on this lady and in addition has been tampering with the system for decades.
Pros
when she goes on vacation and dont have to deal with her
Cons
Management lack of honesty
A very enjoyable place to work with a bunch of awesome people. Management were there when I needed them. The pay was good. Awesome extended benefits and holidays.
stressful environment, work load is more than salary paid. Overtime never paid. No promotions. performed Two People job, when they short staff. no Appreciation
Cons
unpaid overtime
It was a progressive insurance company where you were rewarded based on personal effort. Good management and staff-Never felt out own place and could grow with the company
Pros
had opportunity to advance
Cons
success is totally dependent on personal efforts
CIBC is a very knowledgeable institution. The financial advisors are always looking out for the client and making sure they are in the best position. All co workers are very supportive of each other and it is a joy to know that if mistakes happen they are there to help solve the problem. It may not be the best pay, but all the other benefits out weigh.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIBC?
Awful experience, awful corporation, cheap company, stupid training. Does not care about their tellers... Pressures their sales team to sell, sell and sell.
I have the great privilege of working with a group of talented individuals that care about making a difference in the lives of the clients the serve. With any work though a professional environment and don't forget it even if others do.
CIBC is a great place to work. Salaries are competitive and there is a lot of room for advancement once in the company. It is at times a very stressful environment, but with the support of management and great co-workers, it makes the job a lot easier!
To work in a bank for the amount of courses you take and expect to remember and abuse you take from customers it's definately not worth what you get paid.
Don't work here, unless you are bilingual ignorant and useless. The team was comprised of bitter divorcees looking to get lucky. They were all just bitter
Horrible management. They are not what they used to be. Used to be client and employee oriented, but lately, all that has changed and now, all they think about is making money. Don't waste your time with Cibc, their are plenty of other banks out there that will actually treat you as a human being, while making money.
Answered phones, photocopy, served customers, helped with there request. Set up appointments for banking needs, offered visa to help with house renevations.
There’s always room to grow and move within the organization but the pay is not good for the work you have to do. The benefits and employee perks are awesome though. If you’re patient and willing to learn and adapt you will move up quickly.
very stressful job.as a customer service representative, I had 11 bosses, all the persons worked there thought they are my boss. low salary with lots of stress
The people are welcoming, friendly, and quirky and make you feel good about your decision to join their team. However, the training is completely lacking, there is no communication between management roles or with their team. Scheduling is disorganized, wages are extremely low for the volume, expectations, and overwhelming nature of the CSR role.Tellers are overworked, underpaid, and largely forgotten about. Clients are upset with wait times and take it out on staff constantly. CIBC is old school and refuses to update its technology, and this has made the work environment slow and unable to keep up with the demand as well. It's a shame, because there are such great people there.
I enjoyed working at CIBC it was a very nice environment. My manager and all who worked with me where very kind and patient. I was sad to move on to my next job.