CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Clerk

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Nice place to work at if you want an office type of job, but the management isn’t as good as how i expected them to be. Also, they dont give as much importance to employees who are hired thru agencies and kinda treat us as disposable, so this made me regret so much about my decisions of working for this company.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Spontaneous extending of hours
I have been there for almost 7 years. Great people to work with and they offer great benefits and fair pay to their employees. Only down fall is can only get part-time hours.
It was a pleasant work environment. Although would have preferred if there was more room for opportunity growth for contract/temp employees, overall had a positive experience.
Typical day is busy and stressful Learned the bank reconciliation Supervisor and manager are good and helpful workplace culture is diverse Hardest part of the job is to meet the deadlines The most enjoyable part of the job is during holiday and summer due to the various activities done in the bank
worked as a data encoder, easy job, time went by fast. I remember I didn't particularly like the management but not sure why at this time. Diverse work culture
Pros
easy work
Routine job, easily done. Not enough hours they have a gym that was nice. Acquired typing numeric skills with speed, and dealt with stressful situations.
Pros
Pot luck days
Cons
Not enough hours
it is an overall great environment, i have learned a lot in my 6 years of working here. the only minus is salary and benefits- these are not ideal for living in this day and age, you barely get by month to month its horrid. clients and co-workers are great, management struggles a little bit, i think.
Processing night deposit that was gathered from different branches of the bank. People working here are very serious and there is no time to talk with your co worker as the nature of the job is very hard. There's a lot of cash, coins, cheques around you. Camera surveillance is all over the place. The quota for processing the deposits varies each day. For example, Friday - Sunday the quota to process the deposit is 42deposit account per hour. In this type of job, you have to type fast, think fast and work fast. 100% accuracy for work is needed.
Pros
All parts of your body is working
Cons
working on weekend
The best part of this job was that I could listen to my Ipod during work. The work was simple and easy, but often very repetitive which made the day go by slow.
i really enjoy working at FAST PACED CURRENCY OPERATIONS OF MISSISSAUGA.[OCOM]. Its truly amazing to work at the largest payment processing facility of Canada.
Pros
FAST paced
Cons
contract
Highly physical Long standing Early hours High stress Friendly co workers Good supervision Always new challenges Maintaining accuracy 99 Percent Error free work always
Pros
No gym required
Cons
Exhausting, Stressful
- welcoming managers and supervisors who positively encourage us to work productively - friendly atmosphere to be in with friendly co-workers - learnt to work independently and ask for help when needed
Pros
free lunches, pot lucks, celebrations
good place to work.but they should help the people who was with CIBC to be back in their system.
fantastic boss, very friendly staff to work with. the work was difficult and proof reading was extremely important.
It's a fast-paced environment for we had to meet our deadlines. It's nice working in there for everyone is nice and cooperative. We are at the busiest time during the first week of the month. I miss my co-workers.
worked in vault with large cash deposits from business, took money orders over the phone, opened up night deposit bags and deposited it the business accounts, worked also as a bank teller
My main responsibility is to dispatch the customer's copies of deposit slips. A heavy volume of duplicates to be sorted and mail back daily which is highly detail oriented and also confidential subject. Each slight mistake may considered as a privacy issue and it is the hardest part to main accuracy, while dealing with over two thousand deposit slips daily. In addition to sorting and mailing them under various mailing sources, it is my responsibility to maintain the address lists and update them. I am the only person doing this duty in my work place. How ever, when I finish my workload in time I feel so happy.
Posted cash daily, did wire transfers to different banks, verified signatures , work closely within the different departments, did special assign work when asked.
i had a normal day,i learned about banking and customer service,the managment were great,my coworkers were very friendly.the hardest part was working nightshift,the enjoyable part was learning about banking and customer service,
Pros
we had no free lunch
Cons
it was long hours