Play YouTube video button

CIBC Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

Business Analyst40 reviews
Canada40 reviews
Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
I honestly don't know why u think its compulsory to type this. You ought to make this an option not mandatory. You cannot make people type this. They would dimply not type what you want them to type.
Interesting colleagues. Enjoyed coming to work every day. The Business analysis role made it interesting since I had to organize training. Work life balance was good
I worked here for 7 years! Business Analyst, Tech & Operations. Many hard working employees are getting laid-off due to bad executive business decisions and for corporate greed to enhance profits. It's all about the bottom line for CIBC - employees are not valued! I would not recommend CIBC.
It is a nice place to work but too crowd and there is not enough sit for the worker, the management style is pretty friendly, the hierarchi is flat across the company
I enjoyed my time at CIBC as a coop student. The coop department organised some great events on a monthly basis. They even had a coop social committee that I was part of.
Poor employee engagement and lack of leadership
Project management support is lacking

Collaboration between departments is usually positive

High turnover lead to low employee morale
Pros
Opportunities for advancment
Cons
Disorganized corporate culture
I liked working at CIBC
Manager was great

Friendly staff

Fun exciting projects

Great location

Organized company

Lots of opportunities and projects

Good compensation
I have worked with CIBC and have absolutely no complain. And i had a great experience working for CIBC. This is a geat company to work with. i have absolutely no regret.
CIBC Wealth Management offers an open environment for their employees. I have learned a great deal as their processes to run their business is well established and mature.
Management is very open and honest

Hard work and determination is expected from employees at all levels; hard work does not go unnoticed.
Great company to start off career, may get monotonous since people working here have been working here for 10+ years mostly, so not for people with changing and innovative mindset
Pros
Great management
Cons
Lower pay
Provided a really nice workplace environment. Got a kind supervisor and taught me a lot in finance field. However, daily work is repeated and somehow boring. Some internal users are slow to feedback, providing developers with a bad experience.
Great work/life balance in the corporate office, and mobile workplace has been applied which give employee more options. Salary is relative lower than peer TOP 5 banks
CIBC is Very good Company to work.
The work culture is very good and everyone enjoys the work.

The salary iand benefits are also very good.

The working timings are flexible.

Many many things to learn and the motivated teams.

CIBC has Good infrastructure, building facilities

CIBC has Good processes and documentations to read and learn

CIBC Celebrates all multicultural festivals which motivates the team
An enjoyable experience in the finance and customer service industry. Fun working with other people in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace. Job security is very stable, I've held a position at CIBC for over 10 years. Although, job advancement is very tough.
Pros
Working with teams
Cons
Work life/ job balance
for example for Christmas we made a house by biscuits and we had a launch and some entertainment such as playing dart , football and every day we have a huddle and talking about our personal issue if we want to share
Excellent place to work. Excellent management. Excellent people. Great environment. Good work life balance. Fun place to work. Great location. Excellent CEO
CIBC is a good place to work for people who are looking for a stable job. Technologically very advance & believes in innovation. Pay structure is poor.
Arrive in the office to perform duties. Nothing more was ever asked. When offered to do more, the answer was 'there is no need' to do more than your duties outlined within job description.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
limited internal opportunities
A place that I gained lots of experience, with a dynamic and motivated co-workers, with lost of fun every day and really I enjoyed working with them.