CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Bank Clerk

Working with CIBC as a bank teller was very well structured. Learning programs were allotted time to train and understand the company itself and teller duties. Efficient team environment.
As per the summary, typical day at work, got in and was greeted with a friendly smile and everyone saying good morning. Start with posting entries and getting ready for the bank to open. I have learned various services such as foreign currencies,product the bank provides and mainly the customers comes first with providing them with all the help they required with a smile. Management was approachable, it was fast paced but enjoyable workplace with helpful co-workers. I don't feel the job was hard once you have the proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers and my co-workers.
Pros
back in the 80's it was easy to get a job at the bank - good benefits
Cons
now you need degrees and still get trained to be a teller - getting promoted
The branch I was working was great. It was more like a family. I was part time but I had the possibility of working in different branches short in staff
The employees that work there make the busy, high-intensity work environment barely manageable. There is hardly any communication between management and service representatives which made the busies days at work stress-inducing while being constantly reminded about sales/meeting weekly targets. This takes away helping clients to just gathering numbers. Would not recommend.
Bank tellers are the frontline customer service people. Handling customer complaints while simultaneously providing a positive experience is exactly what this position entailed.
Pros
Hours and benefits
Cons
Hostile environment
great atmosphere,good people, awsome hours easy systems nice cutomers, good startinng rate at time would work here again anyday i believe this could be a great career choice until retirement
Honestly I cannot tell you what the atmosphere is like at CIBC now. I don't bank with them. At the time of my employment the atmosphere was acceptable. Some individuals at the time were nosy bodies and stirred the pot as they say.
Pros
Great staff area
Cons
Depressing atmosphere
If the management is not all there, the work becomes very stressful and demotivating. Especially if the senior general manager has been working there for 20+ years and still doesn't know how to perform simple transactions.
working with the people one on one with their financial needs, standing all the time except at break was probably the hardest part of the job, good hours to work.
Pros
minimal weekend work
Cons
inhouse politics
Really love the job but the salary is not that great for a single parent. No overtime & actual paid hours is only 7.5/ day as the 30 minute lunch is not paid. A very organize time off and vacations but health insurance is not that great
Pros
Paid Vacation leave
Cons
Low Salary Grade
I've been with CIBC for many years and I'm very happy with what I do everyday and what I have accomplished over the years. We focus on satisfying client's need and thrive and keep a long lasting impression. CIBC rally to be #1 bank in Canada and they do their best to come up with all the advanced and innovative technology to achieve that goal.
excellent job many advancing opportunities flexible hours lots of responsibility dealing with cash on a daily basis referral based as well CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorship and the volunteer spirit of employees. In 2015, CIBC contributed more than $65 million to over 1,850 community organizations across Canada.
sorting mail, working on machines for sorting mail, hardest part of the job clocking in and out everywhere you go. So enjoyable were my co workers. Management was fair.
Its always a new day at work .I learn something new everyday.its a good experience.
Pros
its good
Cons
Nice people Too much pressure on job role. Having to do more then we should have to/ are not trained for. Compensation is insufficient for what we are required to do. Same exact thing everyday with no change of pace Not the environment for a creative mind like myself. under staffed.
Pros
Lunch hour, nice co workers
Cons
long hours, under staffed, schedule is all over the place.
I learned how to open and close accounts. deal with good and bad clients as well as finished all my modules for CSR within the bank.
My typical day at CIBC is helping clients with their day to day banking needs....
Busy environment loved to work in my department friendly co-worker Supervisors are just okay
Pros
love to work there again if given a chance
Cons
contract position
A typical day was to have a meeting first thing in the morning before the branch opened . we would run cash for the day and balance at the end of the day . Through the day we would deal with our customers and address their needs. My co-workers were excellent to work with and management was great.
Pros
we worked as a team, management was good and the customers were wonderful
Cons
low salary, benefits weren't great
A typical day involves working in a fast paced environment to meet the needs of banking clients. This involves a great deal of product knowledge and teamwork with co-workers.
Pros
Rewards based on perforomance.
Cons
Working late evenings, weekends
I worked at CIBC as a CSR ( customer service representative ) doing my clients day to day banking transactions:deposits withdrawals,wire transfers,money orders,bill payments and many other banking service related queries.I learned many new skills by working for CIBC including interpersonal skillsI had full support from my branch manager as she referred me to work for another CIBC branch on Mondays and she was very helpful but I had very less to no assistance from the assistant manager but that did not effect my performance.My co-workers were very helpful but since the job is performance based you have to learn to work independently.Hardest part of the job for me was not having enough hours per week which made it hard for me to gasp all the information of CIBC`s products and servicesMost enjoyable part of working at CIBC has to be the Clients because I was able to help them with their banking needs by proving them a excellent customer service and at the end of the day I feel good about myself for making a significant difference in their life.
Pros
endless opportunities to advance
Cons
poor management support