CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews for Administrator

CIBC has been a great company to work for, I have been with this company for over 7 years. As an employee you recieved employee banking benefits, health benefits and pension which are good.
Find a job somewhere else. No chance to move internally. HR person could turn around to make himself as an IT manager. Can you imagine an HR staff could make himself an manager?
Workplace culture allures you into a false sense of a positive environment. Management has managed to create an internal toxic environment with a poor understanding of their own methodologies . Poor training, lack of experienced managers favoured in old boys school tradition buried in what appears to be an elementary school children environment and mentality. If you are a professional with a high level of expertise not a great place work. Extreme ageism practiced by the old boys club and the woman who act like them. Truly one of the saddest places I have ever worked. To work with purpose is what they tell you when they themselves work with one purpose in mind. Discrimination against contingent works and any and all subordinates. All the 5's and 4's on this site are most likely people who are involved in this type of behaviour and see nothing wrong with it. Shame on you CIBC. People work elsewhere and put your money under your mattress it is the safest place for it and you.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, lack of training and discriminatory practices.
They Have Quite a Giant Place, Workload is very high. Less help from colleagues. Less physical Activity. Temperature inside is sometimes hot and sometimes cold.
Pros
Long Term Contract
Cons
Less help training facility from others
worked for different projects and International wire transfer account reconciliation. well dress up expected. 8 hours should be at work place. no friendly environment to work.
Coworkers were awesome and super nice. Managements was very nurturing and accommodating for special circumstances. Very professional and high active environment.
Pros
Nice location downtown
Cons
Good Place to work. Was laid off, jobs moved to India. Did not appreciate the way I was laid off. 2 days notice? I would have preferred to have an option to apply for other jobs.
An encouraging workplace with an opportunity to meet people understand their needs and provide solutions to build their net worth and enjoyed my work.
Good place to start a career in finance soon after graduating from university or College. Opportunities for development depends on the area you join and the management team you report to.
Pros
Community support programs that really produces results
Cons
Working with CIBC is very pleasing. The training and work is very easy to understand and the rules and regulation are simple to follow.
Pros
Easy Hours, Good Management, Friendly Environment
Good salary hard work and long work hours security is not good management is ok multi-culture more training opportunities for employees most co-workers are excellent
This was a great place to work. It is so easy and everyday is a joy to go to work. The pay is fabulous and he perks are so good. A great bank to work for. Highly recommended.
Pros
Good perks and free cabs when needed after overtime work
Cons
department downsize and time to move on
They are a good bank to work for, I left for change never had a problem with this company 9-5 event mgnt, mortgages customer care
Great work environment with great people and able to cross train with other departments. you must be fun, energetic and willing to take part in a big team player roll.
Deadline driven team! High risk functions run through our team. Definitely a team environment but need to be able to work on your own. A support team to other departments in our company. Rely heavily on several departments within the Company, as well as, outside vendor's in order to be able to complete our daily tasks. Fast pace, ever changing environment. High work volumes. Client service orientated. Many levels of Team Leaders, Supervisors and Management structure. Report directly to Team Leader/Supervisors. Many high level decisions must be approved by Management. Hardest part of the job is not having the appropriate tools/applications function/updated properly in order to do our job effectively and in a timely fashion. Hopefully resolved sooner, rather than later. I like the training aspect, always learning and developing current and new skills, customer service, and being busy all the time.
Pros
Benefits, vacation structure
Cons
Parking rates high, work/home balance difficult
Great work environment Good energy Everyone acts like there family
Lots of Interesting work. Learned a lot of Banking programs. Management was good, Co-workers were very good. Worked very hard for 15 years, The company allowed us to learn a lot of skills. but ...... The hardest part was most of us worked for so many years and learned a lot of programs but were not acknowledged or given promotions for our hard work.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
No promotions
nice management and nice coworkers, very good enviornment. I do enjoy working in CIBC.
Constantly busy thru out the dayAcquired my knowledge regarding mortgagesManagement are helpful and approchable,My co -workers we get along good , were all friendsThe hardest part of the job was everything are to be done manually .The most enjoyable part of the job when you know that all your work are done at the end of of the day.
Pros
they are good with there employees
Cons
it's a long commute
Turn on your PC, Unlock your desk drawers sort out your work for the day by prioritize what needs to be curior sent by regular mail or place at counter for pick-up by client. Prepare shares for broker to sell.I learn time management skills.Meet with management to discuss transaction or to have documents endorse.All co-workers in group get along beautifully and work well together.Hardest part of the job is lifting boxes to do research when required.Most enjoyable part of the job is having customers well pleased with the work you have done on their behalf.