CIBC logo
Happiness score is 58 out of 100Below average

CIBC Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

Scarborough, ON42 reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,488 reviews

My thoughts on working for CIBC

A great place to learn and develop your work related skills. Opportunities are vast for learning and training and advancing to other positions. The culture is very diverse.

Very dull work place

Too much favoritism and you need to boss's favorite pet to get raise or bonus , hiring process is fix they know whom to hire and fire, mamager only hire people from his own community

Pros

Cons

Too much pressure and under paid

Avoid working at CIBC 305 milner Records Client service

CIBC is a great company but for anyone especially who applies for positions please avoid Records Client service. There is a specific manager who is in charge of the team currently who tends to in favor of specific people and in terms of managing a team it seems like she doesn't have proper knowledge. This specific manager tends to always be dishonest towards there co workers and always does shady stuff behind closed doors when the directors or higher ups aren't around, and she always has that mentality that she always likes to be right meaning the argument or complaint is always one sided in her favor pretty disgusting. I always wonder why CIBC hasn't launched an investigation on this lady and in addition has been tampering with the system for decades.

Pros

when she goes on vacation and dont have to deal with her

Cons

Management lack of honesty

Excellent service

Great team excellent work ethic and great teamwork. Enjoyed working at that location the knowledge the experience and the support. Manager is great to deal with.

Wondering company

A great place to work. Would recommend to others because CIBC offers you the ability to grow in your career. There is no ceiling to reach there is always ways to grow.

Stable but conservative

Great company to start off career, may get monotonous since people working here have been working here for 10+ years mostly, so not for people with changing and innovative mindset

Pros

Great management

Cons

Lower pay

It was ok

The leads that we were given were very weak considering it was a job that was 100% commission. The job was nothing like the way they had presented it.

Pros

work your own hours

Cons

no base salary

Not very good

They like to micromanage the staff and you felt like you couldn't take breaks because they would overwork you. You don't really get recognized for your efforts and you work your butt off. They took advantage of the people who were younger or people who don't really have a voice and overwork their staff.

Pros

early leave time

Cons

micromanage staff

Decent place to work

People were pretty friendly but I felt it was a bit difficult to advance there. I was nice that there were different cultures and background of people so it made it interesting. Work hours and life were pretty flexible at first but they eventually got stricter and was not lenient after my last year there at CIBC. If you like banking and sitting at a desk all day it is a decent place to work otherwise I don't really recommend this place to everyone.

Pros

pretty good benefits

Cons

People you work with can be miserable

it was an ok company

I like working in CIBC ok company work with manpower agency and treat those employees as napkins over all working environment is great good people floor manager only prefer the people from close to her race or country.

Jobs at CIBC

in Scarborough, ON
See more jobs

Great Company to work with

Great company to work with. Good working culture. Great diversity Good benefits My team members are very cooperative. Flexible with vacation days. I shall certainly recommend CIBC to anyone.

Monotonous

The position i had was monotonous in nature. Daily completion of the same task, over and over. Wouldn't recommend for someone with aspirations above a minimum wage level.

Pros

casual work environment

Cons

monotony

Good to work

Immense learning multitasking The company is really good to work.A little bit of pressure but the learning curve for your career growth is good.you learn different products

Good experience

Good variatey of culture been a fun and enjoyable experience being a part of retail operations and has made me learn a lot of new things and understanding the banking industry

CIBC is a good working place, lots of opportunity and lots of training to help staff to promote to a higher level

I quit the job because moved our office and it is too far from where I am. Every day is busy with priority and deadlines. From my job I learn to be independence and hardworking but Management expect too much from us. It is a good working place and lots of new products to learn and I enjoy learning new things.

Pros

Diversity to celebrate different culture

Cons

Reasonable working hours

Great staff to Work With

I am happy with my job but I am moving and needs to explore new opportunities. The work at CIBC was everything I could ask for, I love the people and the company.

work/life balance

i am finding with CIBC they use to have the job work/life balance but it is now being taken away. this discourages for working for a company like this. I like balance in my life for its very important. so then you are happy at work and at home. everyone has a busy life and we all need to work but at the end of the day balance is good for your health and being happy. being happy in a company always provides positive energy. that what life is all about being positive and happy at everything you do.

Gud place to work

I loved working there, had a very good peer support & manager. Opportunities to get overtime & extra pay for that. Very friendly team members. Very good benefit plans for employees.

Cibc

CIBC is great bank to work and a leader in banking industry in digital and electronic banking. From technology to leadership perspective, this is the place to learn.

good place to get experience

learned thorough info regarding mortgages no micromanaging positive workplace work is repetitive ability to use your judgement shift accommodation without issue low pay

Pros

no micromanaging

Cons

low pay, few opportunities for advancement

No secure work

no team work work like machine deadline I didn't enjoy at work If you know someone in management you will get benefits.... same work everyday nothing to learn

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K