CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Regina, SK

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
If you thrive in a fast paced corporate environment, this is the place for you. But you get to meet great colleagues from different cultures and you can even get motivated to put in your best depending on your personality.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Fast paced
Training is pathetic. Team leader is just there to sit and warm chairs, they say they are there to support however in reality they stress you to a level that you will happily quit the job. I worked as a customer service representative in regina, some of the team support leaders tortured me to an extent that I could not sleep at night. I informed the management and they removed that team leader and shifted him to sales however this did not ended, the friends of that particular team support leader started to take revenge. There was a time where a team support leader was asking me how did you got this job? what did you learn in your training? Things were so bad that I would just cry for hours. They will be really nice in fornt of Manager or higher level of management staff, Management should understand this and start taking feedbacks of Team leaders and team support leaders from newly hired employees. I had really bad time working there. The job is not rocket science, you will get it however the people around you would make it worst for you.
Pros
pay
Cons
An applicant needs to be tough on this kind of job. stressful as you dont see your client face to face. work accommodation is good thou. I have nothing to say anymore
CIBC treats their employees with proper manner. Beyond my expectations. Great working environment with encouraging management. Weekly review for improvement.
It's all about sales .If you're good with sales then you are okay plus poor management. Managers only focus on their favorite employees for to promote them .Salary is low than other FI.Benefits are okay .
A welcoming environment with work life balance provided to support personal growth and development with regular coaching and feedback for improving new campaign approach
Everyday at CIBC is a learning experience. The routine is pretty much similar and there's a nice work/home life balance. I have learned banking and to give my 100 % every time from my employment at CIBC. And, to stay composed in times of extreme pressure. The culture at CIBC is very open and friendly. Everyone is able to work in their comfort zones. The management is very involving and helpful. The hardest part of the job is to give consistent performance despite the customer behaviour and response. And, the most enjoyable part of the job is the fun loving environment at the workplace.
Pros
Discounted interest rates for personal credit facilities
Cons
Low salary
this financial institution is completely focus on customer. nice working hours. little sales pressure but tolerable. always miss working with cibc. good employee discounts.
Not a great company to work for, they care about sales more then customers. Because of time limits on calls and high sales targets, you don't get much time to help customers with their existing issues.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sales ARE FIRST AND FOREMOST > THEN you can help customers, if there's time left and they dont have to be transfered elsewhere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIBC?
If you are good with clients and speaking to people to find their particular wants to be able to offer them the correct product then you will be able to increase your income by achieving sales targets and receiving bonuses. If you have poor sales technique then this job will be a struggle.
It is a great organization to work however the management needs to find better ways to advance employees with better credentials rather then just favouritism which leads to loss in valuable staff
Pros
Great work life balance and good benefits
Cons
management not receptive
CiBC is a very good company to work for. The call centre pays well, and has various shifts to fit your lifestyle. They offer good benefits. You have to be able to meet sales expectations.
I was with cibc call center for 5 years and I loved it, the bonuses were fantastic! The benefits were good and so was the retirement plans too. The employees were great, overall loved this company!
decent job but needed to quit due my immigration reason and then life and job changed so became assistant manager in the source. worked in regina after completing studies in Toronto.
At CIBC Bank I worked on Windows 10 and all online transactions for clients - Paying clients CRA taxes, Regina House taxes and all utility bills and wire transfer and Global Money Transfer, increased Access to Deposit Funds and I was a Digital Champion encouraging/teaching clients to go on line for banking service. Working as a Customer Service Representative with CIBC I always dealt with public at large. While helping clients with daily transactions I advised them about various ways to save money by opening RRSP/TFSA/GICs/Mutual Fund accounts of just a daily saving account. Maintained customer’s confidence and protected bank operations by keeping information confidential. Each day was different, enjoyable and some time challenging.
Pros
Bonus, Special event dinners, Hot Beverages on cold days and Potlucks.
Cons
Some times rude customers.
very friendly environment your suggestion are important very helpful managers diversified culture ongoing learning and development career advancement opportunities balance between personal and work life
best place to work as they give you the best training and always ready to answer your questions. appreciate your hard work. attendance is another very important thing here and they appreciate it with certificate
Pros
best salary
Cons
shift work
love working here, fun place to work providing great customer service great team leaders to help you and guide you with your career growth and try making your job a lot easy
an amazing place to work. employees are appreciated. i have been with the company for upwards of 7 years and every moment is cherished. the management team is second to non.
Pros
positivity
Cons
no comment
I think this is a given at any bank. I do appreciate the skills and education I obtained at my time with CIBC. I was able to hold numerous positions that gave me a well rounded view of the banking industry as a whole.