CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in North York, ON

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Great place to work! work life balance! Management is Good. Very client centric. Treats employees fairly.very good benefits. very clear about process. keeps employees motivated. innovative campaigns
Great Bank to work for: Managers are always looking for ways to help their team excel and progress. Seasoned Colleagues are always available to help the greener ones. Hardest part in this position is the hardest part in any new position. A lot of info in a short period of time, but the support from colleagues and partners make it a seamless transition. The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving your family at home, only to spend 8 hours with your family at work. it truly makes you wonder where all the time went.
Your typical day starts with you facing the computer which is facing a wall. This is so that the manager can watch you, but you cannot see who is watching you. All your co-workers have their back turned to you. Its okay for the favourites(?) to chat with whoever for hours together but the not so fortunate ones are not to interact with each other or look away from the computer. The management decide who are to be friends with whom. The hardest part of the job is that you are not given any relevant training or the documentation is not given to you.
Pros
Pizza and bagels at meetings!!!
Cons
Constantly being watched like a criminal
Good work environment. Excellent team. Contains good Table tennis and cafeteria. Near location to subway and accessible to go transit. Little far from Mississauga
Call centre environment, with variety of inquiries while continual learning. Best part of job are my colleagues. Hardest part of job is time pressed to take more calls to improve number of calls per hour.
Pros
Employee Share program and days off when branches are closed.
Cons
Stats, can't just look at numbers when providing quality service!
Most days I get in early so I can get emails answered and important work done and be ready for the routine work. On a typical day we had a coffee meeting to discuss of any backlog work and unprocessed mortgage insurance applications. One particular day I was not able to show up to work and this got really messed up due to short staff. The team weren't too happy to have to squeeze in another change, but when I explained the reason they got down to amend their usual schedules to meet the deadline. I bought in pizzas to keep them all happy and to let us steal a bit of space at lunchtime. We'd got it done by three and, with the Manager appreciated very much. We got everything back on track by the end of the day. My last job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. While I already had strong Accounting skills, I didn’t have any previous experience of Microsoft Excel. When my employer introduced a new order management system which used Access they gave me the opportunity to undertake additional training so as to be able to work effectively with this. I was then able to put this training into practice on a day-to-day basis and I was able to adept at using this skill. I also learned a great deal about handling customers. My previous roles were not customer-facing so it was great to have the chance to develop this area of my experience. Management was very unbiased and reasonable in all aspects of company policies. Work place culture was very good. Most individuals with Generosity, skill, transparency, fun, a - more...
Pros
Close by, Flexible, Good Boss
Cons
Long hours at times
the purpose to move is closer commute,there significant change on FA role which has pros and cons .I like how CIBC has approached digitalization and adapt new resolution.
the brach was clean and organized the manager of the branch was fun and very encouraging sales target were easily made it had a very positive and friendly vibe
CIBC is a great company that looks after its employees, and works to develop them and offer opportunities. It is a positive environment with lots of respect.
its okay but could be better. management is terrible however encourage you to move forward. promises are not always delivered. a lot of room for advancement.
Great company - they are very employee centric. I have worked here for many years and find that it has great potential. They reward according to your performance
I love working for CIBC! They do a great job from day one with the training to helping build your skills in your position. There is a real client focus and commitment to helping provide solutions for all people.
work hard to be as the top performer. Environment was friendly and supervisors were helpful. Got proper training support from a trained worker with multi language.
It was my first working experience in Canada. It wasn't exactly align with my education and working experience but it was a great opportunity to get Canadian Experience.
Pros
Friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
Night shift
good place to work,but no space to promotion , pay is not enough to keep the talent. there are no parking space. should improve the better
Good organization to work for and have good team members and managers to help . The self learning environment is best to have one.
General Manager manage a Team of Senior financial advisers. General Manager manage a Banking Centre. Good company to work for. Sometimes long hours however you can time off when it is slow.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Limited opportunities for General Manager
Although the salary was very good (almost 40k) and the work opportunity for commission was there, it was a very difficult job to enjoy, many clients would just be angry that you're calling them are 8pm to sell them a credit card
Pros
good pay
Cons
no life until you quit
It is a contract position that i have been hired for. The work culture is very good with people being friendly and courteous. Manager is the most enthusiastic person i have ever met.
-Overall, an excellent place to work -CIBC tried hard to keep employees happy through events, contests, recognition, and were often quite accommodating when it came to balancing work/life issues -Salary was appropriate for an entry level position, and commission was moderate -Advancement was possible and encouraged, but requires maximum effort and proven statistics - opportunities are presented often -Management was excellent, encouraging employees to do their best and supplying the assistance/coaching/tools necessary to achieve personal goals
Pros
excellent training/coaching/support
Cons
late hours, inflexible schedule at beginning of employment