CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in North York, ON

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
CIBC has been the worst place to work at. Especially their department called Client Account Management (CAM) at 750 Lawerence W. Extreme Favouritism and not a single team building activity. Managers and higher management go out together after work, so if you ever feel that you're being treated unfairly, no point in speaking out because "NO ONE CARES". They will find something wrong against you sooner or later, so if you are not in their good books, then it doesn't matter how you perform. You will always be treated unfairly. Managers have no team skill, they promote people who they like and it has nothing to do with your performance. The worst corporate culture ever. This is for CAM department only, not sure about other places.
Pros
Benefits, unpaid vacation days
Cons
Worst Management, Toxic Culture
Mangement still thinks traditional ways. Even if you work hard, you can grow gradually. Plenty of scope to learn new things. But you may need to perform really well to prove and show your presence.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Politics and old ways of thinking
nice workplace. little bit overwhelmed during the begining and the end of the month. overall a nice place to work at. Managers are very nice people. had great times.
I appreciate the educational experience that CIBC has provided me with. Supportive, friendly management and coworkers. Helped me define my career goals. Thank You
CIBC is a great place to start in the financial services industry. Company consists of many individuals who are established in the industry. CIBC fosters growth and provides great opportunities for those who want to make a presence in the financial services industry
My typical day at work is purely meetings as I am part of a project. I really learned a lot from this exercise as I am involved with different stakeholders of the company. People who are making decisions on projects. The hardest part of the job is how will you be able to convince the people to take your idea. Sometimes, people will not be at your side and would likely challenge you. I believe that certain understanding and standing up to your recommendations makes it more challenging. What I enjoyed most is being involve to people. Sharing ideas on what can we do to be successful. CIBC Culture is great when it comes to people that surrounds you and programs within the bank.
Great leadership team and people first environment. ... I personally have improved my interpersonal skills working in this place. You have the opportunity to learn from different programs and to work with people from different backgrounds that have enriched my work culture. Jobs
Calls, after calls, expect that from a call-center environment. If you can stick with it for couple of years, lots of opportunity to grow. Also, expect heavy competition for higher roles internally.
The thing I like most about my role is becoming a trusted advisor to my clients and building lasting relationships. The diversity awards CIBC has been honoured with really encouraged me and gave me a good idea of CIBC’s values and allowed me to picture myself at CIBC.
-Great place to work, rewarding occupation and manageable work/life balance -Help clients with day to day banking needs as well as promoting products and services -Maintain security measures at all times while working within cash delegations
I have learned alot of things for the past 5 years working at CIBC. I have learned to handle client's issues and to provide well thought out and useful solutions to their issues and problems. The workplace culture of my workplace is really supportive and family like.
Pros
learning
- Great learning experience, good pay for part-time position, great benefits, however will be staying back for an hour or more after closing because the company does not use the newest technology for CSRs - One of the managers were great, other did not seem to know what they were doing - Sometimes workplace culture was not exactly followed as employees were speaking in their own languages to communicate with each other
Pros
benefits, free lunches
Cons
staying back after hours
Management is micro managed therefore leaving rooms for gaps. No incentives for working evenings/late nights. Quantity over quality, inbound team shouldn’t be accessed by the number of calls taken, check out the fraud caught, fraud mitigated and there should be career growth within the (fraud)inbound department .
Pros
Work culture is good
Cons
Micro management, least paid for this role when compared to other financial institutions
Very routine and boring job. Management always pushing for more productivity. Very low salary and not too many benefits. Not very much accommodation provided.
good benefits, good environment overall a very good place to work and continue to develop your skills. Managers are very easy to get a hold of whenever a problem arises.
I have a deep appreciation for cibc client focused vision. The culture and work environment is one of high spirited individuals who want to succeed and excel in their role. There are always things that need improvement, however this company is well on there way to becoming number one in client relationships
Working as a Teller was great to learn the ins and outs of daily banking and gives you opportunities to learn and grow into the banking business. CIBC is heavily involved with the community, corporate culture is great. Management is fair. easiest part of the job is performing banking transactions, hardest part is dealing with difficult customers
Pros
lots of growth and development opportunities
Cons
sometimes not enough work hours
Overall a decent place to work. There are some opportunities to learn and grow. Job security is quite stable and the job culture is good. Management is good overall.
One of the largest bank in Canada. As a financial service representative, I used to receive calls from existing clients and assist them with their concerns. Also, based on their current financial situation, I offered and discussed better options. Work environment is very friendly and provided new learning and training sessions time to time to sharpen my skills.
Initially a great place to work for because you step into the world of banking and financial management. Giving yourself a different approach on banking and allows you to think about how you want to manage your own money.