CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

In general it is very good place to work. But it depends what is your position and time you should work. Sometimes they dont have enough employee and you should work more than usual.
There is no support from the management team , the clients are very rude , it is actually very sell focused , I have been so drained mentally that it affected my personal life
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Management, stress
Let's just say that they value quantity over quality and you're truly just a number. Understaffed is an understatement and the workload is not managed properly. Management will favor those who bend to their will without question. If you dare question or raise any concern, be prepare to receive passive-aggressive retaliation. Management does not value your voice and base their decision on there view of the work even if they haven't done the job themselves and don't fully understand the intricacies that it comes with. Basically it is your typical corporate world.
Pros
Free Bank accounts and insurance benefits
Cons
Favoritism, salary below industry standards
Always finding support by Management. Environment supporting diversity encouraging team work. Solutions tailored to help clients. coaching to follow up on employee performance. Friendly workplace.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
night shifts
There is absolutely no work/life balance and the management is very bad. The salary is not competitive compared to the other banks and even if It was i wouldn’t recommend working there. The only good thing about working for Cibc is free banking.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations, work/life balance
Night selling for various insurance and banking related products. Workplace culture was mostly fun, but focused solely on sales at the detriment of customer service. Hardest part was working solely evenings and weekends.
• Build a solid relationship with customers by providing them the best service and helping them to achieve their goals and needs. • Take accountability for issue resolution in a timely manner and using all available tools to create a path to resolution, clearly communicating next steps and timeframes to customers
I worked in credit cards over the phone customer service and you're pressure to sell and read scripts like a robot they don't allow you to talk to your colleagues while you're on the floor because they knew how much we were complaining about this job maybe I was in the worst department the worst experience is when I had a broken arm and my doctor told me to stop working for a few weeks and they were harassing me to come back to work because everyone was quitting the job my supervisor would call me and ask me how come you're outside if you have a broken home you should stay home and sometimes she would call and say anything and just hang up... very creepy most managers has no management skills and the company don't listen to their employees!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Underpressure sales robotic speech
Demanding/stressful Sales Environment. Juggling both working at CIBC and being a full time student is difficult. Though management is flexible with quantity of work hours in a given week.
Pros
High Pay and good Insurance
Cons
Stressful expectations
- On site courses and training available - 37.5 mon- fri or tues - sat hours - benefits after 3 months (good benefits) - poor branch maintenance - advancement is difficult within company - salary/bonus negotiation difficult
Pros
Hours, benefits, vacations
Cons
Salary, in branch risk (hold-up), branch maintenance
unrealistic objectives & very demanding in sales, poor management, political games and favouritism, lack if support, good benefits, job stability, 3 weeks vacation.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Was a great place but shut down production. Excellent cross training and utlization of staff. The owners were getting older and as they pulled away from the business it lost a lot of sales.
CIBC has a very friendly warm environment. Employees are seen and treated as human beings. Great insurance benefits as well as financial benefits. Schedules can be tough as a start but seniority is gained quickly.
I absolutely love working for CIBC, I was able to take on 2 different roles in such a short time with CIBC. The environment is great, the company itself is an amazing organization to work for
Great Job, Great Benefits and Pay However management lacks organization and implementing changes that would make job easier for agents To advance in company you have to go through various department
No comments. Management is sales driven. Little care is given to the client's needs or desires. Possibilities of advancement. Pressure to perform. Good experience.
Pros
Advancement possibilities
Cons
Sales driven
Answer Client calls whom are asking about their accounts, also prepares cheque requests for clients, and enter stock or option orders for clients. Update daily merger & Acquisition reports Meet with clients coming in for any particular reason which does not require seeing the boss.
Pros
learned a lot about the industry
Cons
required to work holidays, low pay
Très belle expérience au niveau management, et cohésion d'équipe.
Pros
Avantages sociaux
Cons
Horaire compliqué
Don't be surprised if you have an offer letter then suddenly they decide to not hire you; The worst salary comparing to other banks; The worst people to deal with; Zero professionalism.
Pros
Cons
A lot
Working for CIBC has been a real pleasure. The work I did was dynamic, and I learned a great deal about retail banking, all retail credit products including mortgages, I learned retail banking industry laws and regulations. The work place culture was great, we had competitions, challenges, food, drinks, and end-of-year dinner, and fun activities outside of work. The hardest part I would say would be working in a fast paced environment, although you get used to that quite quickly. The fun part in my day-to-day would be my colleagues, they were young, interesting, helpful, candid, and from all backgrounds.
Pros
Benefits, work environment, fun activities
Cons
Weekend Shifts
J'ai appris le fonctionnement des banques avec des collègues de travail géniales. Beaucoup de paperasse mais un environnement de travail agréable.
Pros
Travail au centre ville
Cons
Travail temporaire