CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

In general it is very good place to work. But it depends what is your position and time you should work. Sometimes they dont have enough employee and you should work more than usual.
CIBC is a good place to work and to learn. Especially when you are fresh out of university you learn a lot going froma department to another. The culture is nice, management is usually very helpful and they help you get all the tools and information you need to be able to complete your work
It used to be a great place to work in, however the company culture detoriorated. I believe there are serious efforts from the CEO to bring it back however they are facing a strong resistance to change.
I enjoyed my time when I worked there at the call centre. Even though it was a very stressful job, my boss and the boss of my boss were amazing and I can't be grateful enough for all what they have done for me. Promotion was not easy so I accepted a much higher position with a different financial institution.
It is a good place to work and as long as you work hard, you can easily move to upper levels. building a relationship within CIBC community is a strong tool to be able to get to next level.
toutes les decision sont prisent a Toronto. Il n'esite pas a licensier les gestionnaire. Aucune securite d'emploie.
I really like my experiences at CIBC, it gave me a chance to learn how to work independantly, i tought there lack of support to succeed in my department, but it's still ok because i learned to be more efficiant. I made a lots of mistakes and learned a lots from it.
great place to work enyoying it. good environment, you know exactly what the task is .paid vacation and unpaid vacation as well.come and be part of our precious team you will not regret it
CIBC creates a diverse atmosphere that is flexible for employment growth. Everyone is very helpful and the learning process is very easy and not too stressful.
This company will work you like a slave. I know at least 3 people who had to take time off from work because of mental breakdowns caused by unreasonable expectations.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
unreasonable expectations, can't even take a minute to breathe
I worked for Cibc for over 3 years and I would definitely recommend it as a great work environment if a person is looking to work in the financial industry.
Pros
Amazing work place
very stressful place and environment to be at. The culture is great. However, the excution is so bad with poor management and lack of respect regarding employees confidentiality
The team work is the most important word in the section where i am full time. The hardest part is to be front of computer all day and not seeing no customers all day.
very old school type of bank. very formal. always stressing their employees for tiny details and in a rude almost no recognition for employees. so happy I quit!
Pros
insurance and vacationd
Cons
thdy check every single call ho look for a mistake even in the wording. they want you to be a parrot
I have been at CIBC for a long time. Advancement is slow in some departments. Overall it's a fun place to work. Customers can be very demanding and some are very friendly. Some days are amazing and some make you want to quit!
Pros
Employee appreciation days!
Cons
Customer service jobs are demanding-
I worked for CIBC for more than 4 years and it was great place to work and meet new people. Management was great and accessible at all time; however, it was very hard to promotions.
Perfect place to learn customer service, banking products and computer-systems. However, manager is prone to micro-manage and lots of stress due to high volume of call and rush. Hardest part of job - to keep up with targets as not all clients were satisfied. Most enjoyable part of job - salary and benefits
Duties included : • Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application • Verify accuracy of supporting employment, down payment, appraisal, and financial documentation received. • Ensure compliance with government and lender regulations • Review approvals and collect supporting documents from clients • Answer inquiries from client to assist in credit applications • Obtain and evaluate pertinent documents including appraisal reports • Assessing and initiating sales opportunities.
Great Products and salary but lack of training. No team building activities. Challenging working hours at the airport. Sales performance should be base on team work not individual.
Pros
Great Proudcts
Cons
Lack of training
Office space was nice. Teams were nice as well. Lots of help offered when needed. Worked late shift at contact center so work life balance was very tricky.
I highly recommend CIBC as a workplace. There is no dull moment at work and its very fun and friendly environment. I enjoy working at CIBC and met extraordinary people however there was not much advancement for me.