CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
I enjoyed a 23 year career with CIBC and held various titles. Very happy. Wonderful people, good Management overall. Made great memories. Entry level employees have lots of room to advance. The firm believes in their employees’ Development.?
Pros
Room to grow- lots to learn
Cons
Can be stressful at times. Not for the timid
Let me be perfectly clear on this review, I am not here to bash a company or talk bad about it. It was a wonderful first experience and I have wonderful memories only because I had a wonderful Team (co workers) in which I could rely on and a great progress leader. At the end, the end of progress or follow up, the endless critics on some mistake you have done with no gratitude for the great work you are doing ended making my stay a h3ll. The progress leader with no much experience was a problem when you needed help. The overwhelming work of the Team leaders. At the end of the day, administration and PR and HR was a disaster. but others had a great time over there after some changes. I highly recommend this is ever you apply. A corporation is a corporation (they want perfection and results). so keep this in mind and always keep your mental health check.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard calls, hours
This was a time before computers, 1979. When being a teller was not about retail goals and sales were not part of the job description of teller. Everyone was upbeat and customer service was most important.
Pros
Such a great place to work and learn
Cons
Everything was manual. No computers.
I worked at a very good company before starting there and it was very different.All jobs treat you like numbers but there it's the worse and you get fired very quickly or people leave very fast.
if you need fast cash and not planing to take on a long term job this is for you, the job is very demanding and you don’t get recognized enough, they undermine your stress and make you feel bad if you don’t meet up all the statistics which are insane if you still have to provide excellent customer service. I think they should review their management and change their vision from sales oriented to customer satisfaction oriented .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very demanding, a lot of sales and statistics to follow and reach, no hard bonuses and management isn’t care oriented
Very proud to work for CIBC. An excellent tone from the top and care for employees, that passes all endurance tests during crises. Continuous encouragements and support from management in involvement in bank's activities, volunteering and personal development.
Pros
Culture, stability, diversity, package
High paced very sales oriented roles can be stressful if not managed and handled properly. Very sensitive situations can happen from smallest lf things.
I worked as a call center representative for the care department for credit card. If you love yourself enough and care about your health, do me a favor and do not work for them. It is an incredibly stressful environment. People were always on sick leave and as a results we were under staffed. Even managers would quit and would give the excuse that they found a better position in the company
Benefits
Cons
Mental health
Faced paced environment that requires multitasking. Not a bad environment to work in. Always learning on the job, good back office help. Friendly management. Customer service is essential, face to face client meetings as well as over the phone.
Job Work / Life Balance and Salary/Benefits are satisfactory, however I cannot stress enough the importance of REALLY looking at the shortcomings of the other cadres in order to truly put into context the reality of this workplace
Horrible management. They are not what they used to be. Used to be client and employee oriented, but lately, all that has changed and now, all they think about is making money. Don't waste your time with Cibc, their are plenty of other banks out there that will actually treat you as a human being, while making money.
fast-pace heavy work load need good customer service skills and product knowledge keep learning, updated information regular work time schedule plus extra service
The workload is manageable, however, recognition is not as the employee deserves. Employee extra mile is taken for granted, however, some of the team members are very supportive and appreciating support given to them. Management is fair but could do far better for the employees.
Fun workplace and depending on the team, great teamwork and job stability. Benefits are interesting however when you want to grow in the company there's a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Job stability, security
Cons
Technology outdated and lot of favoritism & bureaucraty
The employees are very fun to work with, and very focused on their tasks at the same time. A typical day at work will be taking phone-calls all day and ensuring customer satisfaction. Management lacks flexibility.
You gotta be able to see the positive in it. Else you’ll have very loong days! I mean it’s a call Center after all, but the management makes all the difference. So long as your not there to sit and look nice.
Pros
Communication/ recognition
Cons
Seniority and shift
really learnt a lot about the commercial banking world. young dynamic team. pay could have been a bit higher and benefit package not as competitive as other banks.
since I'm working at Cibc I've learned new things in the finance industry and always keep learning. my overall experience working at Cibc is memorable however in terms of the scheduling there is more work to be done. The reason that I always get is the business needs therefore to be able to have employees ho stay loyal toothier work place there needs to be an understanding of the employee's persona life. Many of us work odd hors and also work on weekends. After 2 years this should change and realize that if you're able to bless your employees , your employees will the bless you.
Not a particularly inspiring place to work, but not terrible either. Salary and culture are ok, but the company lacks clear direction as evidenced by the stock price which has gone nowhere for years.
CIBC is a good place to work and to learn. Especially when you are fresh out of university you learn a lot going froma department to another. The culture is nice, management is usually very helpful and they help you get all the tools and information you need to be able to complete your work