CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
Very strong governance model, additional effort required to comply with methodologies that some times was not allocated in effort estimates for projects.Hard working team members, a lot of experience in the business available from senior team members
Nothing good to say about the team manager............................,If you don’t meet their standards on training, no care for time to be trained, it’s a go go go situation Training was not properly trained.......Learn the job fast and so your job and go home, Culture was unfair, lack of communication on training, unfortunately
Pros
Overtime available if you enjoy no social life
Cons
Mgmnt needs better introduction to group, was not
To keep things short and to the point it was a pretty good experience working there. I learned a lot of things and met great people however the way it ended wasn't based on my performance. Just on the one sided view of a person higher ranking (Director) than myself which cut things just shy of a two year contract. Overall it was good and there is nothing negative to take away just minus that one indiscretion of a bias nature.
It was a progressive insurance company where you were rewarded based on personal effort. Good management and staff-Never felt out own place and could grow with the company
Pros
had opportunity to advance
Cons
success is totally dependent on personal efforts
In one word, they do not value their employees. I got into a car accident and they decided to get rid of me. No ethics whatsoever, the management was also horrible.
I honestly don't know why u think its compulsory to type this. You ought to make this an option not mandatory. You cannot make people type this. They would dimply not type what you want them to type.
My days at work is always fun filled. I always look forward to assist my clients with their banking need. My clientele varies from seniors clients to business clients. I learn each day as i go along about different investments and other ways of doing stuff. There is no hard part to my job and enjoy everyday serving my clients and being a team player.
Pros
Social activities
Cons
not enough workers
worked for 31 years, a fast pace company that lets you strive for excellent and career advancements. Cibc employees are like a big family. The sky is the limit with your career advancements.
All is good except less pay and no hiring permenent even after years of service other than that i find it to be a friendly place to work. managers for the most part are good.
Strategy keep on changing..overall a decent bank to work with. Role of FA is really good if you get a good branch. Benefits are okay, not covering 100% benefits.
An ideal workplace with lot of fun and social activities. The bank that accommodates more International Professionals/Immigrants. Friendly atmosphere. Good on the job training been given, also good support been given while serving as new hire for the position.
I worked with Mort age insurance department ,currently moved to QA department and showing my skills to managements & peers. Cibc is really flexible in time management and shift timings. I learned a lot in deep on Mortgage insurance experience. Looking to grow my career in same field .
One of the decent place to work with kind of relaxed pace and everyone teaches you if you are in doubt. I would definitely recommend my friend if he gets an opportunity.
Working in a an environment with flexible work wear and a very friendly environment allowed me to excel my learning very quickly. This has allowed me to expand my knowledge in RMO
client relations and credit underwriting skills. It depends on the bosses and the team on how an individual fits in the team. It varies based on the location too.
I learned valuable and transferable skills that are beneficial to many aspects of my life. The workplace is fast-paced and requires the employee to be able to think and work on their own.
Relaxed enough work environment (sometimes too relaxed). Lots of nepotism and sleeping around, and disrespect at all levels. Communication between depts is abysmal. Employees put up with way more than anyone should. Contract / temp employees treated as expendable, even after years of hard work and going above and beyond. Shame, lots of potential for it to be a fabulous family.
Pros
Geeat cafeteria, relaxed dress code
Cons
No respect, sh**ty pay
my time at cibc was fun and i got to meet a lot of people over 4 years of my life. thank you CIBC. i started off as a bank teller and moved up from there.
fast paced environment very client focused opportunities to learn and grow i found it difficult to keep up with the pace of change though there was sufficient support to help me along
Pros
respectful workplace
Cons
tba