CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Featured review
CIBC selected this as a representative review
Great place to grow and develop as a young professional; works with very notable, high profile, and reputable Canadian clients . Very team-oriented culture. Management open and very approachable — both with respect to day-to-day operations and with to long-term growth initiatives.
stressful environment, work load is more than salary paid. Overtime never paid. No promotions. performed Two People job, when they short staff. no Appreciation
Cons
unpaid overtime
Not a good environment for work. Micro managing and bossy management. Ask to meet regular target even during Covid 19 Situation. Corporate management is excellent but local management is worst.
CIBC is changing their culture. They are trying to be advice based and really getting to clients goals. It’s a tough job and people should only apply if they really want to be challenged. Great vacation time, salary is decent. They will help with career advancement and growth. Compared to other financial institutions that I have friends and family working at, I think CIBC is the best!
Found the clients to be rude and abusive. My Supervisor was also not good as she/he seemed to get angry if you asked them for assistance on something that you only did once in 6 months. The Branch Manager was ver helpful and treated you with kindness and respect.
All in all Cibc, was a great place to work and move up the ladder, until I was promoted to a FSA, the one Advisor was not nice, not flexible, not helpful, critical and was not looking out for me in any way shape or form. It made me look elsewhere for work, and once I got the opportunity to leave, I took it. But I really missed my other position out of the 10 years I was there.
I liked CIBC. The balancing when you are first learning can be sooooo stressful, compared to working at RBC, where your end of day balancing is so easy and fast. A great place to work in different positions and move up the ladder. the Bank got to a point in pushing us to get customers to open new accounts, loans or apply for credit cards. I am not one to push products on clients unless they will benefit from it. So I did check accounts and ask questions to see if clients were interested. Some employees would open up new accounts just for their own gain though.
Great place, good management group. Lots of opportunities to grow. Supportive staff. Office is a bit dated, but people make up for it. Would recommend as a place to work.
CIBC is an amazing company to work for. They definitely take care of their employees. It is probably the best bank you can work for. I would definitely recommend.
overall decent place for people who like customer service, sales at the retail level. some people are quite nice, however, not everyone is there as the structure values don't always align with fast growth
Pros
good people
Cons
structure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CIBC?
Although the benefits of free banking and staff rates for borrowing are great, management is out of touch with what the sales staff is facing. You are told you are to provide advice to clients and do what is best for them but ultimately you are "graded" on how many units you sold in each meeting you hold.
They have a very well defined progression plan especially if you are good at what you do. You will get to work with a lot of people from different branches and levels of the career - just need to be active about it.
Great team, no discrimination. Has options to learn more and improve your skills. ncourage to better position and support from managment. has great partners to work with different areas.
Pros
Restaurant gift card as a revards
Cons
Yes working some time long hours as per on choice
Great Company to work with. Everyone was good. What else I can say. Why you want me to write more. Everyone has to work in Best Buy. Have wonderfull Day. Ha Ha Ha.
If you are sales driven and have passion to deliver meaningful advice to your customers then this is one of the best place to work. Keep in mind you have targets to achieve, it's always a good idea to keep up with them on weekly or biweekly basis.
Pros
Excellent benefits
CIBC only cares about sales. The management really puts pressure and stress on the employees to sell products and it doesn’t matter if the customers need the products or not. Systems are outdated, help is minimal and clients with low net worth aren’t given priority at all. No overtime is paid, compensation is low, bonuses are totally based on sales.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No overtime, way too much sales pressure even if it’s unethical
It is a very busy place to work. It can be stressful as there are a lot of customers that are angry and sometimes rude. The wage is not competitive at all, just barely above minimum wage.
Pros
lot of hours due to high turnover
The company gave me the opportunity to move up in my career 4 job levels over less than 7 years. I was very excited to work there until a new manager was hired with little management experience.
The best part of my job was serving the clients and helping them with their banking needs. Sadly the branch I worked got new management who did not support the rest of the employee. They cut hours so badly that we had to work under pressure in busy times. There was no formal training provided for new employee.
Pros
Free Banking
Cons
Low Pay and high pressure
CIBC is a great company to work for. They always treated me fairly. I worked there for 36 years and seen a lot change. My direct supervisor was fair and very good to work for. She was very approachable and offered support.
I was unable to follow a career path suited to me. I was able to demonstrate that the career path I sought was the correct, with the success I had in the future.
Pros
Sound business
Cons
narrow minded philosophy