CIBC

CIBC Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Great Platform to experience your knowledge and skills . Branch hours are long . The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet with new client everyday .
Work Hard and demand growth. Keep up to date on financial news and changes in financial industry Keep focus to achieve targets and adhere to company policies and risk guidelines.
Cibc is a great place to work with excellent benefits. stress and flexibility depends on the role. some work -life balance is maintained again depending on your position.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
restructuring and everything going digital. no job security
Salary is quite low, sales position labelled as consultant / advisor. High emphasis on sales, pushing products, upper management wants short meeting with high sales VS meaningful long meetings, forced to sell all forms of credit facilities including mortgages without commission.
The level of work you do is not compensated well. They should pay more to employees. Year end bonuses are not well compensated either. Opportunity to learn is vast and can boost future opportunities.
Excellent learning space and room for growth. Great management and excellent work environment. The company is growing in digital culture and one of the major banks in terms of diversity.
The job relied heavily on sales targets and meeting those targets. The management did not care about how well you were trained and the knowledge you needed to acquire to advice the client, but focused more on selling to client.
Pros
Great Company, Room to move to better paying positions
Cons
Management cares only about sales, and sales driven culture
CIBC has a wonderful culture dedicated to it's clients and improving the life of it's staff. Some managers may be intimidating but at large, they have many good leaders who create positive vibes throughout the workplace. The training and development is world class and unmatched by most other banks. They will really educate you about product knowledge in a fun and engaging way. The tools will also help you to understand what a client really needs. If there are any concerns, it would have to be the compensation especially in terms of the income. The benefits are wonderful so it kind of balances it out but even leaders admit that the company is not big on bonuses and salary income.
Pros
Excellent culture, wonderful management and world class training
Cons
Compensation needs improvement
co workers are great people and managers are very caring and always encouraging each other. unfortunately there is NO work life balance at all whatsoever. if you are going to work here, make sure that its a location that provides seats for you otherwise itll be a gruesome 8.5 hour shift. the pay is not worth the stress, especially compared to other banks
Everything is great about CIBC except remuneration. I work part time as teller. No sales pressure at teller level. Only crunch is working hours i wish they hire for min 30 rather than 15.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Wages
It is great. Flexible hours and friendly staff. I had a great time selling services and learning more about banking during my time here. Would definitely recommend again.
This Bank is a terrible place to work in. Do not even bother to apply if you get a better opportunity elsewhere. Everyone from top level to associates have no idea as to what customer service is about.
Good place to work. Salary needs to improve. Very good health Insurance. Nice managment. Place where you can grow. Friendly, helping people. Excellent learning.
Internal systems need to be more employee friendly for a better client experience output. High focus on technology and innovation by the Bank management.
Cons
Not a great pay master
Very good organization to start with. Success and progression in CIBC is dependent on social circles that you form within the company. If they like you, they will promote you.
CIBC is a very fun, yet professional work place where you grow with your efforts. Since I am working as a financial representative my role is particularly contains targets. All of the bank products such as Mortgages, Line of credits, loans, credit cards, chequing and saving accounts, investments, we are required to sale all together. I am very delighted that I am continuously exceeding my targets and one of the top performers within my role.
Pros
Level of compensation is derived by your hardwork
Cons
no Cons
Gives all employees equal oppourtunity to prove themselves and encouges all emoloyees to work hard. very good platform for establishing one's career.
Pros
provides you with mental stability
Cons
work stress
A typical day consisted of completing banking transactions for clients, wire transfers, balance and edit of our cash and mailing. Although I loved the customer service and all administrative duties I was involved in, I definitely learned that being a bank teller was not for me. I felt stuck in this position with no daily fulfillment. The management was very friendly and helpful. An open door policy was in place and I felt comfortable with approaching the manager with any concerns or inquiries. Unfortunately, the branch I worked at had a lot of turn around. Many of the staff did not stay very long. Although, the few that were veterans were very kind and helpful. The hardest part of my job was knowing that everyday was the same routine with no real direction for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. The regulars became like family and friends. Seeing them smile added a little fulfillment to my day.
I had a great experience working for cibc as a mortgage advisor. It was alot of fun and great learning experience. Management was helpful and co-operative. My team was very dedicated and hard working.
good volunteer opportunity. Good way to spend the day, also get to take part in the run.
Very interesting, excited talking to people, working in a team, lots of everyday learnings, workplace respect.