CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Worst place to work, ever.

24 March 2017
Everything was wonderful, until they changed the management and management had no clue of the job to be done. Cibc has no sympathy for those with children and never take responsibility for their own actions and mistakes. I would never recommend cibc to those that want to work in the banking insdustry, employees are not important the profits are.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management does not know the responsibilities of employees***
23 January 2021
Same role
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) - Brant, ON
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
16 March 2020
Same role
Mortgage Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) - CA
In my Opinion CIBC is not a work place I would recommend to anyone that values their mental health. There is way too much of stress and even more politics within the company ; you only get promoted based on who you know or how much you do for management whenever they ask. God forbid you have an opinion or stand up for anyone or do/say anything that is correct but not what they want to hear, they will find a way to get rid of you. Kindly note that this is my experience with this company and my honest opinion.
29 April 2021
Same location
Credit Counselor (Former Employee) - 750 Lawrence Avenue, Toronto ON
The lack of a consistent management as manager was always absent. Staff was left most days in managed. Had to depend on a backup system that was not always available to team.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Stressful environment at times
  1. Worst place to work, ever.