CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Working with People and Projects

3 April 2020
My typical day at work is purely meetings as I am part of a project. I really learned a lot from this exercise as I am involved with different stakeholders of the company. People who are making decisions on projects. The hardest part of the job is how will you be able to convince the people to take your idea. Sometimes, people will not be at your side and would likely challenge you. I believe that certain understanding and standing up to your recommendations makes it more challenging. What I enjoyed most is being involve to people. Sharing ideas on what can we do to be successful. CIBC Culture is great when it comes to people that surrounds you and programs within the bank.
3.0Job security/advancement
1 March 2021
Credit Counsellor (Former Employee) - North York, ON
CIBC has been the worst place to work at. Especially their department called Client Account Management (CAM) at 750 Lawerence W. Extreme Favouritism and not a single team building activity. Managers and higher management go out together after work, so if you ever feel that you're being treated unfairly, no point in speaking out because "NO ONE CARES". They will find something wrong against you sooner or later, so if you are not in their good books, then it doesn't matter how you perform. You will always be treated unfairly. Managers have no team skill, they promote people who they like and it has nothing to do with your performance. The worst corporate culture ever. This is for CAM department only, not sure about other places.
Pros
Benefits, unpaid vacation days
Cons
Worst Management, Toxic Culture
22 January 2021
Consultant Database Management (Current Employee) - North York, ON
Mangement still thinks traditional ways. Even if you work hard, you can grow gradually. Plenty of scope to learn new things. But you may need to perform really well to prove and show your presence.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Politics and old ways of thinking
4 September 2020
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) - North York, ON
nice workplace. little bit overwhelmed during the begining and the end of the month. overall a nice place to work at. Managers are very nice people. had great times.
  1. Working with People and Projects