CIBC
CIBC Employee Review

Work Overload

2 May 2019
Working at CIBC was very busy but structured. Every morning there were team meetings to overview the days workload. There are many opportunities to switch departments and advance in the career, which is nice. Hardest aspect of the job was outdated systems, on occasion it would be lagged by up to 6 hours, given the usage, but otherwise would lag 1-2 hours which is still unacceptable in the back office mortgage department. Enjoyed the job other than the outdated / slow system.
4.0Job security/advancement
23 January 2021
Same role
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) - Brant, ON
Corrupt business practices. Corrupt management. The company will easily promote but the lack of on the job support is horrendous. The way they structure their salaries and commissions is muddy at best.
16 March 2020
Same role
Mortgage Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) - CA
In my Opinion CIBC is not a work place I would recommend to anyone that values their mental health. There is way too much of stress and even more politics within the company ; you only get promoted based on who you know or how much you do for management whenever they ask. God forbid you have an opinion or stand up for anyone or do/say anything that is correct but not what they want to hear, they will find a way to get rid of you. Kindly note that this is my experience with this company and my honest opinion.
23 January 2021
Same location
Learning Designer (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I had a 47 year career with CIBC. There were many opportunities for me to advance my career starting with my experience at the branch level and continuing with VISA centre where I was so fortunate to be involved in so many aspects of CIBC.